Statue Popculture Shock Legend Lord of Darkness Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be getting $200 bucks off. At $800 its not a bad price at all

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

$800 isn't terrible, but the other thing I'm worried about is shipping. Something over three feet tall will undoubtedly cost a premium to send out.

We will be getting $200 bucks off. At $800 its not a bad price at all

$800 isn't terrible, but the other thing I'm worried about is shipping. Something over three feet tall will undoubtedly cost a premium to send out.
Thats if you pay all of it up front. I don't have $800 to drop in him in the next two weeks with Red Skull shipping on the 13th, and then like Blade said some time next summer you're going to get socked with hefty shipping bill. I already have orders for May of next year as it is :lol

I'm torn on this one. One thing I can put my finger on that I don't like...he doesn't look evil enough, or something.. :dunno

Thats if you pay all of it up front. I don't have $800 to drop in him in the next two weeks with Red Skull shipping on the 13th, and then like Blade said some time next summer you're going to get socked with hefty shipping bill. I already have orders for May of next year as it is :lol

Never ordered from PCS before. Are you saying if we did choose to pay all at once, we'd have to do it all now? I thought they'd charge you once the item was in-stock. I could save a little each month and drop the $800+ next summer if it worked like that.

Never ordered from PCS before. Are you saying if we did choose to pay all at once, we'd have to do it all now? I thought they'd charge you once the item was in-stock. I could save a little each month and drop the $800+ next summer if it worked like that.

Usually in order to get the Discount you have to pay up front, now that being said you can choose a different payment option, they usually have an option to use a payment plan, so you put down $100 or so and then pay each month until it ships, much like Sideshows flex pay or you put down About $100 and pay in full when it ships. However, if you choose these other payment plans you do not get the discount and instead pay $999.99 plus shipping.

EDIT: Here this explains it better, and as it says if you choose a monthly payment plan they do give you discount but not as much, although since this is the first 1/3 scale their doing 'm not sure if that applies here
https://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/how-to-order/

Thanks for the info. This'll be a tough choice. Tempted to go with the discount as it gives me an extra cushion should I choose to sell it later on (unlikely, and not that it'll be too big of a deal when the ES is so tantalizingly small). Thankfully I've got a week to mull it over.

Do items go up for PO at a certain time on that day?

Thanks for the info. This'll be a tough choice. Tempted to go with the discount as it gives me an extra cushion should I choose to sell it later on (unlikely, and not that it'll be too big of a deal when the ES is so tantalizingly small). Thankfully I've got a week to mull it over.

Do items go up for PO at a certain time on that day?
3pm pacific or so I believe

Or a really religious family member

Any retailers selling this ? I can't front a dime now.

Yeah, I could see this in my grandmother's chapel. I can imagine her face when she opens the box and realizes what it is. I can hear her screaming in French as she impales me with it.... Would be worth it if wounds were superficial ...:monkey4

Any retailers selling this ? I can't front a dime now.

Yeah, I could see this in my grandmother's chapel. I can imagine her face when she opens the box and realizes what it is. I can hear her screaming in French as she impales me with it.... Would be worth it if wounds were superficial ...:monkey4
With the super low ES on this guy I don't see that happening. I think it's PCS direct.

Holy crap dude, the visuals on that were frighteningly awesome

I'm torn on this one. One thing I can put my finger on that I don't like...he doesn't look evil enough, or something.. :dunno

I agree, it's nice but he looks too sassy. Waiting for him to start singing Sweet Transvestite. (PCS needs to get that license)

I actually really like the sass. It's what makes the character (and especially the statue) work IMO. This guy and the Sideshow LSB are my favorite Darkness collectibles, but I don't have any at the moment and I'd like to change that.

The only real problem for me is deciding between this and the two Alien LSBs. Leaning toward Darkness purely because I don't see him lasting too long with that low-ass ES. I'd rather pay an extra $50-$100 per Alien bust later on than an extra $700-$1K+ for this. Right now, $800's as high as I'll go. And if I pull the trigger, it's as high as I'll ever need to.

This is a 100% definite PO for me, only worry at this time is whether I manage to get onto the 150 elite list come next Monday :panic: :panic: I can see what some are saying in that the PCS version lacks a sense of evil in his expression but then I can also agree that his look is also related to how he portrayed himself at times during the movie.

I also have the Darkness PF and have to say that the statue is also far from perfect. Yes it looks more menacing but the likeness is totally off. If anything, I'd say that the PCS is facially more accurate than the PF. I think there are pros and cons for each of these two statues and until PCS announced their version, here are just a few based on my opinion of course ;)

Sideshow Darkness PF Pros:

1/4 scale therefore a good size in regards to display space
Beautiful base that fits in well with the overall pose
Great sculpt/pose
Detailed mixed media
More accessories (Staff, Sword, Unicorn)

Sideshow PF Cons:

Not the strongest of paint apps (red could have been more of an intense red, at least on my PF)
Inaccurate likeness

PCS Darkness Pros:

1/3 scale so this bad boy is gonna be huge! Huge makes for more wow factor! :horror
Great mixed media
Improved base design which has a certain feel to it based on the design interior of Darkness's domain from the movie
Paint apps look to be spot on (of course this opinion is soley based on the proto so is therefore not a fact yet);)
Acrylic eyes and teeth for that extra realism
Did I mention that its 1/3 scale? :lol :lol

PCS Darkness Cons:

Not the most menacing facial expression
Not the best of poses but is still true to the actual movie
Price :thud:

There was nothing to touch the Sideshow PF version in regards to full head to toe Darkness statue...hence why I've decided to sell mine as soon as I clinch a place on the 150 list :yess:

Pro for PCS: $800 with full pay do you save $200

Back