Statue Pop Culture Shock Street Fighter 1/3 Ryu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, $1400!! I preordered and paid in full at USD$765, so add perhap $150 in shipping (if not more!), I should end up lower than AUD$1400 anyway. So glad I managed to get one! And yes I am over at the Statue Forum too, but never thought to check the thread since I thought PCS had said no other retailers would get it. Either way, I can relax now after that heartracing preorder minute lol

Shipping will set you back around 300-400, and you'll then have to pay import tax as it'll be over 1000, so you'll be at a similar price.

Shipping definitely won't be 150 lol. Not sure if you have any 1/3 statues but the boxes are massive and cost a bomb to ship from the states. My first 1/4 piece from PCS was the battle damaged Ryu and it cost more than that to ship, and it's quarter scale. 1/3 statues are very expensive to ship here.

Either way, congrats on getting one man. Which one did you get? I got a regular, but kinda wish I got a beard as well as it was my favourite one.

Shipping will set you back around 300-400, and you'll then have to pay import tax as it'll be over 1000, so you'll be at a similar price.

Shipping definitely won't be 150 lol. Not sure if you have any 1/3 statues but the boxes are massive and cost a bomb to ship from the states. My first 1/4 piece from PCS was the battle damaged Ryu and it cost more than that to ship, and it's quarter scale. 1/3 statues are very expensive to ship here.

Either way, congrats on getting one man. Which one did you get? I got a regular, but kinda wish I got a beard as well as it was my favourite one.

****, didn't think about import tax. Is that calculated on value of item plus shipping? Or just the item? Might come down to what the exchange rate is at the time this thing ships.

I paid about usd$120 to ship my 1/4 scale ryu, so wasn't sure about 1/3 scale. I thought maybe usd$150-$200.....

Same here. The battle version (bearded) didn't appeal to me at first. I'm starting to warm up to it and wish I had PO'd. I could have since there was 9 hours to do it. :lol

i'm happy for non-transferable orders, but es definitely matters to me, and a lot of others. I wouldn't buy an expensive statue that had no es no matter how much i liked it, with the exception of blitzway as they don't pump them out in ridiculous numbers like sideshow do. We're talking about a $900 statue in the case of this 1/3 pcs piece, and if you factor in several of them, thousands spent. It's not exactly small money, and for most us it's a very large amount of cash to spend on a material item.

It's not about greed, but it's about peace of mind knowing that i can comfortably invest that much money into these things and know that if i ever needed to sell my collection for whatever reason, i could comfortably get my money back or close to it at least. I would hate to spend thousands on a statue collection, only for it to not even be worth the resin it's cast in. Part of the fun is also knowing that you own something that is sought after and valuable. For small and cheap items, i don't really care.

absolutely agree

Same here. The battle version (bearded) didn't appeal to me at first. I'm starting to warm up to it and wish I had PO'd. I could have since there was 9 hours to do it. :lol

I looked at both reg and battle for a long time trying to decide. I like the battle look and dont mind the beard, and I really like the black handwraps. But I went with the reg (only need 1) as that's the look I've known the longest. I'd like to see Ken and Sagat get done, those would be the only other two I'd consider purchasing.

Just when I thought I was almost out...:slap

****, didn't think about import tax. Is that calculated on value of item plus shipping? Or just the item? Might come down to what the exchange rate is at the time this thing ships.

I paid about usd$120 to ship my 1/4 scale ryu, so wasn't sure about 1/3 scale. I thought maybe usd$150-$200.....

I'm not too sure man. I was under the impression it was calculated on the value of the item itself, but people in the 1/3 Conan thread are saying that it's based on item cost plus shipping, based on their experience.

Yeah the 1/4 scales aren't too bad but 1/3 is expensive man. I think Jerry gave a rough cost on the forums and yeah it's around 300-400 I think. The boxes are much larger than 1/4. I only have one 1/3 statue at the moment and the shipping box is enormous.

I'm not too sure man. I was under the impression it was calculated on the value of the item itself, but people in the 1/3 Conan thread are saying that it's based on item cost plus shipping, based on their experience.

Yeah the 1/4 scales aren't too bad but 1/3 is expensive man. I think Jerry gave a rough cost on the forums and yeah it's around 300-400 I think. The boxes are much larger than 1/4. I only have one 1/3 statue at the moment and the shipping box is enormous.

Crap, I just read on the ATO website that the import 10% GST is calculated on the total cost of item, shipping, etc. To if that's US$765 + $300, that could be around $150 just in tax. So in total with today's exchange rate, the whole thing could cost me around AUD$1600!!! HOLY ****!!! Luckily I'm selling a few things to cover it, but damn!!

Crap, I just read on the ATO website that the import 10% GST is calculated on the total cost of item, shipping, etc. To if that's US$765 + $300, that could be around $150 just in tax. So in total with today's exchange rate, the whole thing could cost me around AUD$1600!!! HOLY ****!!! Luckily I'm selling a few things to cover it, but damn!!

:thud:

If I had known about the Popcultcha preorders beforehand, I would've just gone with them! Dammit! Oh well, live and learn!

Yeah it's why I went with Popcultcha man, for peace of mind and I knew it would be a bit cheaper. Just keep an eye out on the forums on next PO. To be honest, I didn't think they were going to stock it given the price, as they've passed on a few of these expensive pieces lately (I know they didn't bother with 1/3 Sub Zero). I only knew by chance as I was constantly browsing the forums.

I got Akuma off PCS direct. Not looking forward to the cost of that one lol.

Yeah. The best part is the fees you have to pay for the privilege of then paying them all the GST/duty/tarrifs.

Not fair, why do Mr. Green feel he deserves! Got Akuma and wanted Evil Ryu too. Oh well. maybe a 1:3 Cammy will cheers him up.

If this is true, then Aussies will be priced out of the statue game. I mean I have around 16 pieces coming this year and if they do that I am dead in the water....

Dont know about "delays", but things seem to take easily over a year.

I POed Raiden on 1/20/15.

I didnt PO, but supposedly Robocop is around the 2 year mark.

Back