Pop Culture Shock: Sons of Anarchy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah its the guns that are the exclusive, handgun is standard but larger ones are not. saw on the site the reg vers with just pistols are 190 with no word on prod run so large i imagine.

good spot on pres patch missed that. kinda odd when displayed together surprised they did that.

Looks like much more than just exclusive guns.

Jax has the flannel and hoodie, along with alternate hands

Clay has the alternate head as well as the alternate hands.

With the lack of fine detail in the heads, (chunky Jax hair) on top of SilentSurfer's painterly style, they're just too cartoony as was previously mentioned. On top of that, using the ZC knock-off muscle body is just not right.

$220 is still too much for these. I would've liked these at 2013 prices when they were announced, but not now at 2016 prices.

$220 is still too much for these. I would've liked these at 2013 prices when they were announced, but not now at 2016 prices.

It's kind of a disturbing trend. Companies that don't produce top tier figures trying to charge prices at or higher than the level of their superior competition.

It's kind of a disturbing trend. Companies that don't produce top tier figures trying to charge prices at or higher than the level of their superior competition.

Well, I mean, I can't blame them. Their competition is Chinese companies that don't pay licensing and/or that don't have to deal with international BS. It's unfair, but it is what it is.

I've been there, I was working with a factory on a licensed figure, we went all the way through to a production prototype, and ultimately we had to pull the plug because we would've had to sell it at $170, when the average figure was about $140. I remember because the HT Babydoll had just been announced at $170 and I was like "No one's going to buy our figure when this is what they can get for $170"

Still you see companies like Star Ace, who are overseas, and they're still charging an arm and a leg for figures that aren't really that great.

I think I talked about it before in another thread, but quite simply these US based companies cannot compete with the Chinese companies, they just can't. Having to e-mail changes, with Photoshopped pictures, can never work when DAM or Blitzway are right there in the factory telling them what to do. Honestly, most of these brands ARE the factory, so there isn't a "middleman" as it were, in this case the manufacturer is really just giving orders, they're not really manufacturing anything.

If anything, it's a bummer that PCS couldn't pull the trigger on these earlier. They announced when the show was ending, and then took an additional three years. Same with Street Fighter, they spent years, literally YEARS, waffling on whether they should produce bodies that were highly articulated or not, and now, they're going to be selling (presumably) $250 Street Fighter figures. I can't afford that, I don't know who can.

I made a huge leap for the ANH crew from Hot Toys, but that's not something I can do with anything else. I have to view these things now like other people view furniture, it's like decorating my house. Some people buy futons or accent tables, I'd rather have a $250 Luke Skywalker than a $250 table that occupies a corner of my room.

Well, I mean, I can't blame them. Their competition is Chinese companies that don't pay licensing and/or that don't have to deal with international BS. It's unfair, but it is what it is.

I've been there, I was working with a factory on a licensed figure, we went all the way through to a production prototype, and ultimately we had to pull the plug because we would've had to sell it at $170, when the average figure was about $140. I remember because the HT Babydoll had just been announced at $170 and I was like "No one's going to buy our figure when this is what they can get for $170"

Still you see companies like Star Ace, who are overseas, and they're still charging an arm and a leg for figures that aren't really that great.

I think I talked about it before in another thread, but quite simply these US based companies cannot compete with the Chinese companies, they just can't. Having to e-mail changes, with Photoshopped pictures, can never work when DAM or Blitzway are right there in the factory telling them what to do. Honestly, most of these brands ARE the factory, so there isn't a "middleman" as it were, in this case the manufacturer is really just giving orders, they're not really manufacturing anything.

If anything, it's a bummer that PCS couldn't pull the trigger on these earlier. They announced when the show was ending, and then took an additional three years. Same with Street Fighter, they spent years, literally YEARS, waffling on whether they should produce bodies that were highly articulated or not, and now, they're going to be selling (presumably) $250 Street Fighter figures. I can't afford that, I don't know who can.

I made a huge leap for the ANH crew from Hot Toys, but that's not something I can do with anything else. I have to view these things now like other people view furniture, it's like decorating my house. Some people buy futons or accent tables, I'd rather have a $250 Luke Skywalker than a $250 table that occupies a corner of my room.

I pretty much agree with all of your points. The problem still remains though at least for me, these are $200 figures that just don't look the part. Regarding your point about the HT star wars line, I hate thinking about what my collection has cost me. It makes me feel like I need my head examined.

In fairness to get a licensed figure with accessories for say $170 is real tough in 2016. The Qmx trek figures are a rare thing. The SSC green lantern was $220 and was a few steps below this IMO.

As much as I would like to add a Jax and Clay to the collection there is something just off about these. Jax's hair bugs me. It reminds of that Pops TX figure. As has been mentioned they are more caricatures of the actors. Has a Mezco vibe, at least for me, that I don't care for with this line.

After finishing up all seven seasons of SOA I'm on top of both of these without even thinking. Likenesses are pretty solid for me for a non-HT release. This will also (finally) give me an excuse to bang out a motorcycle on my 3D printer.

With the price, yeah, it's a bit higher than what I expected but nothing frying my brain. Recently I had put out a store exclusive produced in Japan. The minimum I could go for (and afford) was 50 pieces. my buy in per piece was around 8500 yen, MSRP was $135 USD. Shipping cut into the margin a bit but it was a gamble since the exclusive was more of a niche market than these would be. Unfortunately any form of shipping is murder these days for store owners and with the increase of free shipping across the board the only place left to make any margin is to mark up some prices. Would I have liked to see something like $130? sure, but for a small independent company that $200 isn't bad.

I was hyped for these while bingeing the show. That passed. It's hard to get excited about these when you see HT's Leto sculpt.

I was talking to Jerry last week. Jax's sculpt will be tweaked, and they're working with former HT people to refine the costumes. Plus, I have new turnarounds of the sculpts:
attachment.php

Man I wish they went with this head. I'm not a huge fan of the hairstyle they went with, and it just looks bad anyways. Hell, Mezco did a much better job on their Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On osw pop c said that depending on how thes do other figures are in the works.

And it looks the clay bandana head may be an exclusive. It's not showing up on every promo sales pic.

PO at PCS is july 11.

Man I wish they went with this head. I'm not a huge fan of the hairstyle they went with, and it just looks bad anyways. Hell, Mezco did a much better job on their Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. Me too. This look is Jax to me. Clay gets an alternate head why not Jax?

Back