Pop culture shock gets Robocop license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it doesn't look that bad. the suit looks way better then what i saw before. looks better then what i imagined before the trailer.

Yeah I like how it's combat practical, like the suits from Crysis, and it looks like Robo is far more agile than the original. The red light on the helmet tho? Ugh.
Original is still the best tho.

Yeah I like how it's combat practical, like the suits from Crysis, and it looks like Robo is far more agile than the original. The red light on the helmet tho? Ugh.
Original is still the best tho.

Peter Weller will always be better to you and I, and for anyone else who grew up during that decade, but this one looks like a bad@ss and I hope it does well.

Yeah I have a nostalgic spot for Robocop it's one of my top 10 movies and I want a great reboot cos I am never gonna get another sequel!
I think they have shot their arm off already with the rating and seriously - a car bomb... there is nothing personal or tense about it or anything I can see paying off over that later in the film. Making it hard for themselves....

Yeah I have a nostalgic spot for Robocop it's one of my top 10 movies and I want a great reboot cos I am never gonna get another sequel!
I think they have shot their arm off already with the rating and seriously - a car bomb... there is nothing personal or tense about it or anything I can see paying off over that later in the film. Making it hard for themselves....

Well if they just ripped off the original and killed him by firing squad again then everyone would bash the movie harder for being "unoriginal" even more.

They had to change it up. I'm completely open to a new take on Robocop. I'll decide if I love it or not after I've seen it. The PG-13 thing does bug me though, really wish they pushed for an R rating. It just don't think a city in chaos will be as believable when the criminals Robocop is pursuing aren't allowed to swear...like come on :slap

Robocop: Stop right there creep....dead or alive you're coming with me.

Criminal: up yours copper

:rolleyes2

Chris

The car bomb is a great example of the story suffering for the rating. There is more than one way to skin a cat and more than one way for Murphy to be murdered. Boddicker, or whoever he is in this film or equilvalent is removed from a really important story arc because the rating won't touch cold blooded murder, torture or any sort of menace and cruelty. Violence in these sort of films is a consequence. A film without consequences or threat is vapid and that is why PG sequels to R movies fail and why I feel a lot of comic book movies don't hit as many high notes as they could because they live in fear of crossing the PG line, but lines need to be crossed for me to give a **** in the first place :lol

The car bomb is a great example of the story suffering for the rating. There is more than one way to skin a cat and more than one way for Murphy to be murdered. Boddicker, or whoever he is in this film or equilvalent is removed from a really important story arc because the rating won't touch cold blooded murder, torture or any sort of menace and cruelty. Violence in these sort of films is a consequence. A film without consequences or threat is vapid and that is why PG sequels to R movies fail and why I feel a lot of comic book movies don't hit as many high notes as they could because they live in fear of crossing the PG line, but lines need to be crossed for me to give a **** in the first place :lol

It's like remaking Hellsaiser, but PG-13. You cant expect to be on the same level as the original.
I felt this come through in movies like Term: Salvation and AvP (even though these are not exactly remakes). Aliens was R, Preds were R, add them together and PG-13...how the....?

I just hope that the interest in this helps make my hopes of seeing a Cain (robo2) statue come through.

Back