Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love everything about the war paint version. The mixed media worked so well. I had never ordered any PCS products before these two Conans. Despite all the negatives I had heard about dealing with PCS, I think my first experience is going to be a home run.

More pics of the regular version of Conan:
(Posted from Darth Milo on the Statue-Forum)
ed4fdc4066c1343be7bed534e0d18166.jpg

675876d7bb31eca6661a2d80a76d57aa.jpg

I just love everything about the war paint version. The mixed media worked so well. I had never ordered any PCS products before these two Conans. Despite all the negatives I had heard about dealing with PCS, I think my first experience is going to be a home run.

Yea, this was my first PCS preorder and i believe we lucked out getting this so soon and it turned out well.

This looks great. Fantastic job by pcs. I hope their Rambo looks just as good.

I love the war paint version. However, the colors are wrong. From the wrong patterns, to the sharp black edges, to the lack of flesh tone on his face and body. He looks almost ghostly. I'm hoping a new 1/4 version is released with better paint apps. I'd be down for that. These sculpts are both magnificent though.

I saw it on the big screen when it opened so my memory isn't that great but the vhs versions of this had the colors washed out enough that he looked whiter than he really was. If that makes sense. Lol

I saw it on the big screen too and have it on dvd. His skin certainly had flesh tones to it when he was in the war paint. This piece is practically a black and white statue. It's definitely not an accurate paint job. The black war paint was smeared on. It had gaps that were lighter and darker as well as lines that didn't have such clean edges on it. The white/light grey war paint had many patches of his regular flesh tone showing through it. Again it wasn't applied evenly. It was just smeared on him by hand. He didn't have such a ghostly appearance in the movie. This shouldn't take away from how great the statue came out. However, if they do decide to release a new 1/4 version of this statue, I'd like to see them get the paint job on it to be more accurate to the film.

Last edited:
As much as I could argue / hate / bash ... it doesnt look bad / off enough to me to want to cancel.

Hell I am more concerned with it being 1/3 at this point... :lol

As much as I could argue / hate / bash ... it doesnt look bad / off enough to me to want to cancel.

Hell I am more concerned with it being 1/3 at this point... :lol
Tell me about it. I pre ordered the Beach version and have nowhere to put It, then to make matters worse, I bought the war paint version a few days ago on a whim. I'm screwed, should have bought the Crom set from the start.
I am well aware of the wrong pattern but it looks so cool...

A quick video edit I made from the PCS promo video, link to the original is in the description.

Back