Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny that some of us are wanting to bail just because we aren't getting status updates on the statue - me included. Sideshow barely, if ever, provides any sort of updates on their statues on forums during production yet here we are expecting this from PCS.

On the other side of the coin, Sideshow is pretty consistent with their target dates and as soon as they know a statue is delayed, they update the release date on their website so really, we don't need updates from them on forums like this. PCS on the other hand has an atrocious track record on their statue release dates with some going out 2 years beyond the initial date.

I for one have this on pre-order and will probably wait for it until it arrives. It's not a $1k statue, it's an $810 plus shipping statue and for a 1/3 that's pretty reasonable these days. There is nothing like it in this scale and who knows, there may never be. Does it suck I'm out $810 for 2 - 3 years? Yes it does. Does it suck enough for me to cancel? Not yet . . . not yet.

It's funny that some of us are wanting to bail just because we aren't getting status updates on the statue - me included. Sideshow barely, if ever, provides any sort of updates on their statues on forums during production yet here we are expecting this from PCS.

On the other side of the coin, Sideshow is pretty consistent with their target dates and as soon as they know a statue is delayed, they update the release date on their website so really, we don't need updates from them on forums like this. PCS on the other hand has an atrocious track record on their statue release dates with some going out 2 years beyond the initial date.

I for one have this on pre-order and will probably wait for it until it arrives. It's not a $1k statue, it's an $810 plus shipping statue and for a 1/3 that's pretty reasonable these days. There is nothing like it in this scale and who knows, there may never be. Does it suck I'm out $810 for 2 - 3 years? Yes it does. Does it suck enough for me to cancel? Not yet . . . not yet.

I don't care at all about waiting. Not the reason that I cancelled.
And it is a $1000+ piece for me after shipping costs. Being in Australia the shipping cost is huge and I need to apply the exchange rate.
I had this on order from a local retailer at A$1500 (roughly US$1100). Not your problem, but that's why I referred to it as $1100+

i've also constantly used - 'that's pretty reasonable compared to/relative to/these days'.
Its self fulfilling. If everything is insanely expensive then what we buy isn't too expensive relative to the same objects.
My two favorite absurd variations:
"Its a pretty good price when you think about what people pay for customs!" "Its pretty fair when you look at what X goes for on eBay." :D :D :D

For me I think the fun is mostly gone. I looked at my various pre-orders and realized the cash in my pocket seemed more fun than the pieces on my shelf.

For me I think the fun is mostly gone. I looked at my various pre-orders and realized the cash in my pocket seemed more fun than the pieces on my shelf.

Amen to that. There are 3 potential items that I'm interested in (one being Lvl 52 Tarzan) in the near future all large and pricey, and I'm on the fence with PCS Ryu 1/3. If I ended up not paying a single dollar for any of them I think I'd be ok. There'll be aspects of the hobby I'll always like but I'm gettin over it, there's other things I'd like to attend to.

Yep, I'm all done with collecting.

I am just waiting on this and the Chronicle Thulsa Doom and I'm done, unless by some miracle more 1982 Conan statues are made.
It helps keep the collection in check when you limit to one franchise that is niche.
If anyone wants to cancel their Warpaint Conan let me know and I'll buy it. I passed on that one and now wish I had picked up both.

And I agree, waiting over 35 years for this statue is a long time, but it's all a matter of perspective, right?

Any word on this? I know it was supposed to be released next month, but I'd be surprised if we get it this year.

PCS is often a year plus behind schedule, so I'd bet on late 2018. He-Man/Battlecat is just now getting ready to ship.

No matter what it is, it's going to be an excruciating wait now. I just paid off my regular and warpaint a couple of days ago, so now it's just the wait. These are my first PCS statues.

PCS is often a year plus behind schedule, so I'd bet on late 2018. He-Man/Battlecat is just now getting ready to ship.

My first experience with PCS was with the cartoon He-Man, and it was dreadful. But ever since they've been fantastic, and the work is always very well done. Delays are inherent to this work, and PCS in particular is bugged by them, but that Conan will be epic. I bought the warpaint version, but I'm bummed I missed the wheel of pain pendant. I think the combo sold out immediately, and the individual statues were gone a few hours later. Going to be very cool whenever it arrives.

My first experience with PCS was with the cartoon He-Man, and it was dreadful. But ever since they've been fantastic, and the work is always very well done. Delays are inherent to this work, and PCS in particular is bugged by them, but that Conan will be epic. I bought the warpaint version, but I'm bummed I missed the wheel of pain pendant. I think the combo sold out immediately, and the individual statues were gone a few hours later. Going to be very cool whenever it arrives.

Combo went quick, but individual ones took a bit longer. Warpaint was a few days or a week as I recall and Beach was at least a month.

Did the payment plan end for this? I haven't seen a notice in a long time and I can't find it on their site to check the schedule.

My last payment was scheduled for July 6, but there was no mention of it in the last newsletter they sent out, and I have not received an email notification about it. That seems to be the norm when things get delayed. I only recently received notice for my final payment of the Kessler Wolf, which was originally scheduled to be paid back in Sept. of 2016. And I have yet to receive notification regarding my last payment for my Battlecat EX, which is scheduled for next week according to the payment plan.

My last payment was scheduled for July 6, but there was no mention of it in the last newsletter they sent out, and I have not received an email notification about it. That seems to be the norm when things get delayed. I only recently received notice for my final payment of the Kessler Wolf, which was originally scheduled to be paid back in Sept. of 2016. And I have yet to receive notification regarding my last payment for my Battlecat EX, which is scheduled for next week according to the payment plan.
I'm not sure if everyone got this, but I did. Back when the May 6 payment was due, they sent out an invoice for the full amount of the balance left on the statue, so that included the July 6 payment. I only had to pay half. If you go back to Paypal and click on the transaction for the May 6 payment and then click 'details', the invoice is still active and shows the remaining balance for July. That's how I paid for mine.

I think I only paid a deposit. Haven't gotten anything from them. That's the bad thing about this. I can't even remember what plan I went with or how much I paid. Grrrr.

Don't worry guys, they hired a new team to improve customer service so we won't be so uninformed anymore. Oh, wait! Wasn't that like 3 or 4 months ago? Haha! Love their products, but what a joke. I can't believe I ordered and fully paid for the exclusive set with the way that they handled the 1/3 Darkness delays. This company has had my money for almost 3 years and I've only got 2 updates on my order via email. God damn shame!

Back