Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man jelous of all of you who have the space to put this in, id get the camo/warpaint/demented racoon version if I had the room! Heres hoping some 1/4 versions come out looking like this.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Paint is to break up the figure - to conceal and confuse. I can remember seeing him in the commercial painted up like that and I said I gotta see that movie no matter what! Lol! I did manage to see it twice on the big screen. This statue will be proudly displayed by my Albions:
image.jpeg

Paint is to break up the figure - to conceal and confuse. I can remember seeing him in the commercial painted up like that and I said I gotta see that movie no matter what! Lol! I did manage to see it twice on the big screen. This statue will be proudly displayed by my Albions:
View attachment 268983

How many times have you posted that pic over the last 10 years!?...lol
I'm doing similar, but only my Atlantian is from Albion, the rest are Marto wall hangars.
2016-06-02 15.30.13.jpg

Lol! I suppose I should take different pics. I don't know if I'd trust them hanging on the wall due to their weight.

Lol! I suppose I should take different pics. I don't know if I'd trust them hanging on the wall due to their weight.

We were just discussing this in the King conan thread...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...tibles-conan-barbarian-1-4-king-conan-18.html

I remember talking to you about these swords on the RPF where I was pointing put how my runes were done pre heat treat and had lines in them where as yours were done post heat treat and have a nice sandblast type finish. I am "Replicant" on the RPF

Albion? Christ you guys must be rich.

Rich, I wouldn't say that. It's all about priorities and knowing what you want. For me, Conan is my favorite film, so this is where my priority is when it comes to collecting.

Add that to the fact that my kids are grown and I'm successful at work and realize that nothing comes overnight and bam, there you have it.

I spent my 20s eating mac and cheese and ramen, going to school (8 years) and raising kids with nothing to my name except the sink tube lightsaber I made for myself, now that I'm in my mid 40s I'm starting to see the rewards!

Rich, I wouldn't say that. It's all about priorities and knowing what you want. For me, Conan is my favorite film, so this is where my priority is when it comes to collecting.

Add that to the fact that my kids are grown and I'm successful at work and realize that nothing comes overnight and bam, there you have it.

I spent my 20s eating mac and cheese and ramen, going to school (8 years) and raising kids with nothing to my name except the sink tube lightsaber I made for myself, now that I'm in my mid 40s I'm starting to see the rewards!

Stop, you had me at 'it's all about priorities'. Its Conan swords ....we understand. :)

I dunno. ....they sneak into the back entrance,sneak through the caves, sneak through the kitchen, sneak up to the orgy chamber where the princess is. All the time crouching and peeking over shadowy rocks......

Osric sends them there as thieves, not as warriors.

You're probably right.
I always saw it as psyching themselves up since painting large parts of their body white doesn't exactly make them blend into the darkness better :D

You're probably right.
I always saw it as psyching themselves up since painting large parts of their body white doesn't exactly make them blend into the darkness better :D

Breaking up their outline is what I think they are doing.
From a design point of view, it was just because it looks cool!

Yea, I basically spent my 20s schooling, working, and saving money.
Now I have a nice collection of pieces, just purchased a house for more room for more pieces. Weeeeeee!

I originally had #20 and then ran into a guy that had both #1's and the price was too good to turn down. I kept saying I would sell my extra but it is just too cool in its own right.

View attachment 268983

How many times have you posted that pic over the last 10 years!?...lol
I'm doing similar, but only my Atlantian is from Albion, the rest are Marto wall hangars.
View attachment 268985

I've been planning on picking up some Conan Swords. Does anybody have a suggestion on the best company to buy from?

In the past, I heard that Marto was the sword to get. I see other folks mentioning Albion now. I've never seen either in person, so I don't know.

Of course, no offense intended or anything.

If I had a higher salary I'd be buying those swords as well. The idea of paying 3+ grand for one sword is just a crazy thought though, but hopefully I'll be able to do that sooner or later (probably later). :lol :(

I've been planning on picking up some Conan Swords. Does anybody have a suggestion on the best company to buy from?
I'm not an expert by any means and I've never even been a big Conan fan, but when I came across these "Albion" swords online, my jaw dropped. Despite not being a huge fan I've always loved Conan's father's sword design, which seems to be the most expensive here:

https://filmswords.com/conan/conanmain.htm

Back