Statue Pop Culture Shock - 1:3 1982 Schwarzenegger Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I had this all figured out but reading it again I don't fully understand the ES.

Regular 325 ES
War paint 275 ES
Crom set 75 ES

I initially thought that the Crom set was the 1st 75 pieces with matching numbers. Now I don't see anything that really confirms that. So does this mean the regular actuall has 400 ES & the war paint has 350? Or is the Crom set its own exclusive numbered from 1-75? Can someone please confirm and explain this to me. I'm giving myself a headache.

Honestly ...these tiny ES's have me questioning my sanity and life a little bit.
Am I really only one of 200+/- people on Planet Earth that had to rush and instant order this? What is wrong with me? :D

Actually, the CROM SET has been sold out for quite awhile now. Here are the latest numbers, directly from PCS, for those of you who may have missed seeing them:

Crom Set - Sold Out
Classic - 54 left
War Paint - 84 left

In 3 hours.

Ordered the beach version. My wife who is not very familiar or can't remember the movie Conan told me that the war paint version looked like something from a cowboy and Indian movie, where Conan is painted like an Indian warrior or brave. Really didn't think about it but now looking again kinda of looks a little like war paint. Didn't get that from the SS version.

Ahhh......
Has any of these Statues been shown at any Shows yet?
Really wanna see how large they actually are.

Ordered the beach version. My wife who is not very familiar or can't remember the movie Conan told me that the war paint version looked like something from a cowboy and Indian movie, where Conan is painted like an Indian warrior or brave. Really didn't think about it but now looking again kinda of looks a little like war paint. Didn't get that from the SS version.

1) isn't it supposed to be war paint?

2) Actually, I see what you're saying but I think it has a lot to do with the background. Kind of wish the photos we got were with black backgrounds instead of some kind of scene that few of us will replicate at home.

Ahhh......
Has any of these Statues been shown at any Shows yet?
Really wanna see how large they actually are.

The finished prototype was shown at Monsterpalooza last month (April). Here is a video that was done by "Radd Titan" from that event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjhs6Tddj8I

Here is a picture of the sculptor, Jerry, working on the piece last year; I do not know recall took this picture:

Jerry Macaluso working on 1-3 Conan statue.jpg

I didn't take that video or the photo but they may help you to see the size/scale of this piece.

Joe

Actually, the CROM SET has been sold out for quite awhile now. Here are the latest numbers, directly from PCS, for those of you who may have missed seeing them:

Crom Set - Sold Out
Classic - 54 left
War Paint - 84 left

In 3 hours.
It looks initially like it's available but when you go to order it the next screen says sold out.

Ah okay, thanks guys.
PCS's website statuses sure are strange....'Out of stock' when its yet to go up for pre-order and 'In stock' when it has already sold out :D

I have no idea what you mean but I also like the beach version better :hi5:

Well camouflage is a weird term since it was never intended to camouflage him but make him look fearsome ....like ...war paint.

Well camouflage is a weird term since it was never intended to camouflage him but make him look fearsome ....like ...war paint.

I dunno. ....they sneak into the back entrance,sneak through the caves, sneak through the kitchen, sneak up to the orgy chamber where the princess is. All the time crouching and peeking over shadowy rocks......

Osric sends them there as thieves, not as warriors.

Pit Fighter Camo can be a pattern of War Paint.
War Paint can be used in the application/creation of Pit fighter Camo.

Same difference. :p

Pit Fighter Camo can be a pattern of War Paint.
War Paint can be used in the application/creation of Pit fighter Camo.

Same difference. :p

That I can agree with!
Lol
Or...we could run up 3 pages debating war paint vs cammo.
Iv seen threads derail for far less!....lol

Back