Poll: Should religion/politics be discussed on a toy forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should religion/plotics be discussed on a toy forum

• No, this is not the appropriate forum

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Yes, it is a discussion board afterall

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 19 31.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need every intention spoon fed to you? really? I KNOW you are smarter than that Rory.

Yeah, really. I think even my cat would know the intention of that thread. :google

You guys are asking for a disclaimer as a cop-out.

I dunno I didn't read the whole thread, I thought this was all stemming from your first post. And please don't roll your eyes at me.

Why are you posting an opinion without knowing all the facts then?

I'm not a big flag waver myself, nor do I wear a pin. I actually think my co-worker with his flag deco cowboy shirt is rather lame.

However, I'm not out there assuming the reasons they're doing it and criticizing the validity. How tacky and rude.

Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so Brain, but if Jimmy cracked corn and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?"

I thought I knew the pertinent facts that the debate was coming from your first post, prior to which I don't recall any comments about soldiers in Iraq. But if I'm mistaken then I take the blame.

Some of us feel the jingoistic flag waving and pointless occupation actually dishonor those who lost their lives and sit stoplossed in Iraq. Except that politely sharing this opinion is shouted down and considered disruptive. So please let's not pretend there aren't politics at play nor that a thread titled 9/11 and launching with nothing more than a waving flag has an obvious scope for Authorized Discussion.

I don't envy the moderators.

It must be sad to live in such a way that you see everything as having political undertones. Because the thing is, for most people, most of the time, that just isn't the case.

I can say with significant confidence that almost no one was thinking about the Iraq war when they entered that thread. They were thinking about loved ones lost, where they were on that day, and the fact that, despite a devastating attack, we're still here, warts and all.

However, I'm not out there assuming the reasons they're doing it and criticizing the validity.

Neither is anybody else. I don't recall saying anything about anyone who posted in the thread.

It wasn't until the 29th post that someone offered a personal memorial, just in case anyone was wondering how "obvious" it was supposed to be.

I thought I knew the pertinent facts that the debate was coming from your first post, prior to which I don't recall any comments about soldiers in Iraq. But if I'm mistaken then I take the blame.

There was a comment in the post immediately preceding mine, for starters. :)

There was a comment in the post immediately preceding mine, for starters. :)

Looking at it, that post seemed to just be tossing in well being for our soldiers and not necessarily supporting the war.

Neither is anybody else. I don't recall saying anything about anyone who posted in the thread.

It wasn't until the 29th post that someone offered a personal memorial, just in case anyone was wondering how "obvious" it was supposed to be.
Man, you 2 just keep lying and expect us to buy it. On any board that is not some extremist truther board or some extremist Muslim board, on the anniversary of that despicable attack, the date of 9/11 posted is a memorial thread. I and I'm sure others are not buying your naivette.

I hate the political threads because I can't stay out of them. :lol

I get tired of hearing people storm in there, with their calling out of people..."the left", "damn Liberals"... etc.

So I have to come in and make a stand, just to show my point of view on the subject. I just think that there are people on this board who make it their point to just bash the Hell out of anyone who is opposed to their own belief.

It's really terrible... So screw it... I say no more.

I hate the political threads because I can't stay out of them. :lol

I get tired of hearing people storm in there, with their calling out of people..."the left", "damn Liberals"... etc.

So I have to come in and make a stand, just to show my point of view on the subject. I just think that there are people on this board who make it their point to just bash the Hell out of anyone who is opposed to their own belief.

It's really terrible... So screw it... I say no more.

Spoken like a true lefty commie liberal ******. Did I do it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back