Poll: Should religion/politics be discussed on a toy forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should religion/plotics be discussed on a toy forum

• No, this is not the appropriate forum

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Yes, it is a discussion board afterall

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 19 31.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a long-standing, unwritten rule of social interaction that advises in the strongest terms against broaching the subjects of religion or politics in any discussion that one hopes to remain civil.

And the great pumpkin, don't forget the great pumpkin.

I don't mind the political threads so much, I just stopped going in to them because they're all ridiculous. However its annoying me when the damn things are spilling over in to the other threads on the board. Until people can learn to have respect for each other and our public figures (whether you agree with their opinions/policies or not) I'm fine with them going bye bye.

You seem to miss the whole point of civilized discussion lately...

tact: a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense.

its a skill a few here lack.

Well I personally like coming to this board because of the camaraderie (which is a spirit of friendly good fellowship). These threads seem to bring out the worst sides in many. It's a touchy subject and I guess I'm a sap and hate seeing people bickering and putting others down.

Sure why not.

It only becomes a problem when a few go in and try to just stir things up on purpose.

tact: a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense.

its a skill a few here lack.

You don't have to be tactful to have a discussion. I especially don't have to be because I don't care to have a good relationship with most people. If I am offensive it's not really my fault- it's that people take what I say too seriously.

You don't have to be tactful to have a discussion. I especially don't have to be because I don't care to have a good relationship with most people. If I am offensive it's not really my fault- it's that people take what I say too seriously.

and a few others who have a problem with taking personal responsibility for how what they do or say may affect others.... :monkey1

Do you ever go back and read your own words...

The problem with religious/political discussion threads is that they're never discussions. It's always just one side trying to shout down the other. Always. It's never about a rational and non-judgmental exchange of ideas.

The problem with religious/political discussion threads is that they're never discussions. It's always just one side trying to shout down the other. Always. It's never about a rational and non-judgmental exchange of ideas.

Very well said. :)

We should seriously ban all religious and political threads on this forum. They all end up into a complete flame fest with neither side willing disengage. Besides, these political threads bring out the worst in people. Just look at the some of the ignorant, racist comments that have been made in the locked threads recently.

We should seriously ban all religious and political threads on this forum. They all end up into a complete flame fest with neither side willing disengage. Besides, these political threads bring out the worst in people. Just look at the some of the ignorant, racist comments that have been made in the locked threads recently.

Q...:lecture F....:lecture T....:lecture

i enjoy political threads (even when it is crazy american politics :monkey3)dont delete them. with this subject some people have opinions and defend them strongly wich leads to conflict just like in real life, let them debate, just delete the posts that are offensive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back