Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Mike, but he's right. I resist it as much as possible - but it has been decreed from on high that anything that is 1/4 scale, even if 100% polystone - is a Premium Format Figure.

It's stupid and insane and I've been _____ing and moaning about it - but that's how it is.

It's part of the move to streamline the scales of pieces - which is commendable - but I still feel that it severely undermines the term "Premium Format Figure" which is now just a 1/4 scale statue in a lot of cases.

so no fabric used for PF line now i mean i have seen all mixed media in PF line previously

so no fabric used for PF line now i mean i have seen all mixed media in PF line previously

No. Whether it has fabric or not, if it's 1/4 scale, it's now labeled a PF. That does not mean that the fabric has been dropped from PFs. It also doesn't guarantee that fabric will be used if a statue is labeled a PF.

This is stupid. They should just make Coms in 1/4 scale. This way we'll know the scale and we'll know it's fully sculpted. Also, when something is labeled a PF, we'll know it's 1/4 scale and has a cloth element. SSC has just futzed this all up. We don't know what's what anymore. It's more confusing than ever. If they weren't selling 1/5 scale Coms then ditch em and make them all 1/4 scale from here out. Easy. No need for this everything is a PF BS now.

No. Whether it has fabric or not, if it's 1/4 scale, it's now labeled a PF. That does not mean that the fabric has been dropped from PFs. It also doesn't guarantee that fabric will be used if a statue is labeled a PF.

This is stupid. They should just make Coms in 1/4 scale. This way we'll know the scale and we'll know it's fully sculpted. Also, when something is labeled a PF, we'll know it's 1/4 scale and has a cloth element. SSC has just futzed this all up. We don't know what's what anymore. It's more confusing than ever. If they weren't selling 1/5 scale Coms then ditch em and make them all 1/4 scale from here out. Easy.

Yeah, I guess they decided to dabble more in their scale manipulations in the comiquette line. At least buyers now know the scale when they are getting the PF and they can just choose to collect those.

Yeah, I guess they decided to dabble more in their scale manipulations in the comiquette line. At least buyers now know the scale when they are getting the PF and they can just choose to collect those.

True. However, when a piece is sneaked as a PF, we don't know right away if there is a cloth element or not. For example, the new Red Skull PF was sneaked awhile ago. I still don't know if cloth will be used on that statue or not. There is no official word given on that piece yet. If it were labeled a 1/4 scale Com, then I would know right away that it is fully sculpted. Conversely, I would know anything labeled a PF would contain cloth. 1/4 scale is not the only thing important to me. Having a statue fully sculpted carries equal value in my book. By labeling everything 1/4 scale as a PF, SSC just adds to the confusion as to what we are seeing or buying. Hell, in this very thread there is nothing but confusion as to what format Poison Ivy is. When SSC starts confusing seasoned Vets like Darklord and The Mike, something is wrong.

True. However, when a piece is sneaked as a PF, we don't know right away if there is a cloth element or not. For example, the new Red Skull PF was sneaked awhile ago. I still don't know if cloth will be used on that statue or not. There is no official word given on that piece yet. If it were labeled a 1/4 scale Com, then I would know right away that it is fully sculpted. Conversely, I would know anything labeled a PF would contain cloth. 1/4 scale is not the only thing important to me. Having a statue fully sculpted carries equal value in my book. By labeling everything 1/4 scale as a PF, SSC just adds to the confusion as to what we are seeing or buying. Hell, in this very thread there is nothing but confusion as to what format Poison Ivy is. When SSC starts confusing seasoned Vets like Darklord and The Mike, something is wrong.

I don't know what's so confusing after this is what SSC said after the Rhino Comiquette?:dunno SSC is simply standardize 1:4 scale statues from smaller scale statues. This should really be clear cut to all the buyers if a statue is 1/4 or not.

This is one of the last 1/4 scale comiquette pieces to be billed as a comiquette. Future 1/4 items would pinned as a Premium Format Figure.

Last edited:

:goodpost::exactly: give us a way to instantly recognize what we have going on. I agree 110% filip. :clap

I don't know what's so confusing after this is what SSC said after the Rhino Comiquette?:dunno

Everything VS. When the Spiderwoman PF was sneaked, peeps were wondering if the webbing under her arms was cloth or resin. Is the new Red Skull PF fully sculpted or not? How about future sneaks? For all we know, Poison Ivy could be SSC's first ever 1/5 scale Com. If that's the case, then even this thread has to be renamed. There is nothing but confusion with the new PF label.

:lol

Does is make you life so much harder to have to wait a while to find out what its made out of? Do you loose sleep or something? Just curious, cause you only complaint seems to be that you don't know immediately what the piece is made of. Seems like you're trying to hard to make an issue of nothing.

Everything VS. When the Spiderwoman PF was sneaked, peeps were wondering if the webbing under her arms was cloth or resin. Is the new Red Skull PF fully sculpted or not? How about future sneaks? For all we know, Poison Ivy could be SSC's first ever 1/5 scale Com. If that's the case, then even this thread has to be renamed. There is nothing but confusion with the new PF label.

It doesnt matter if the Spider Woman & Red Skull are sculpted or not? As long as its 1:4, it's Premium Format.

There was no announcement that SSC was doing lesser scale DC statues but PFs, LSF, 1:1 busts and 1/6th figures. I am 99.9% sure this is a Premium Format at 1:4 scale.

You guys need to accept changes whether you agree with it or not!:lecture

True, hopefully they will define the materials used in the product description. I would still like to get a fully sculpted 1/4 line to ensure we get all the characters done in that format. I'm sure the cloth lovers will want that split too so that a full range is made with fabric. I may even collect multiples of more characters in that case.

It doesnt matter if the Red Skull sculpted or not? As long as its 1:4, it's Premium Format.

There was no announcement that SSC was doing lesser scale statues but PFs, LSF, 1:1 busts and 1/6th figures. I am 99.9% sure this is a Premium Format at 1:4 scale. :lecture

DUDE, IT MATTERS TO ME. I LOVE 1/4 FULLY SCULPTED PIECES. If YOU don't care about the format, that doesn't mean no one else does. As I've said before, having a fully sculpted statue carries as much importance to me as having a 1/4 scale piece. I'm not the only one who feels this way. For collectors like me, this new 1/4 PF system sucks. Any sneak I see is a guessing game until I hear official word from SSC.

True, hopefully they will define the materials used in the product description. I would still like to get a fully sculpted 1/4 line to ensure we get all the characters done in that format. I'm sure the cloth lovers will want that split too so that a full range is made with fabric. I may even collect multiples of more characters in that case.

This system would work best for everyone. I have been dying for a 1/4 fully sculpted line. The 1/4 Com should have been that line.

DUDE, IT MATTERS TO ME. I LOVE 1/4 FULLY SCULPTED PIECES. If YOU don't care about the format, that doesn't mean no one else does. As I've said before, having a fully sculpted statue carries as much importance to me as having a 1/4 scale piece. I'm not the only one who feels this way. For collectors like me, this new 1/4 PF system sucks. Any sneak I see is a guessing game until I hear official word from SSC.

Then all you have to do is call SSC when the product becomes available and they will give you the answer. If not post it at Ask Sideshow. Either way, i like the new changes and there is no more guessing games on sculpted scale statues. :lecture

Ok, time to repost these pics. She looks gorgeous...

38096001.jpg

59ab1a20.jpg

Back