Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ink, what exactly is the hold up anyway?

If the movie franchise encompasses the rights to other forms of media (statues, books, etc) then Hellraiser is in a conundrum of problems stemming from rights holders not knowing what they want to do with the brand, from rebooting it entirely to just using the Cenobite characters as back up characters to save other failing movies (like the last four films that were made and tested horribly, so the Cenobites were added in and changed the movie into a Hellraiser sequel)

It's a shame because I think Hellraiser is the greatest horror flik ever made and after part two studios only used the name to make a quick buck with horrible scripts.

...but back to Ivy

According to Clive the Weinsteins own the rights to the Hellraiser films which is of course an ongoing contract. So as long as they make movies in a certain time frame they keep the rights. The reason you thought Disney had a hold of them is because Disney at one point had a stake in Miramax which was owned by the Weinsteins but Hellraiser is put out by Dimension films which was always a Weinstein company even though it was considered an off shoot of Miramax some how they kept that studio out of the deal. Clive still owns the Rights to The Hellbound Heart, the book that the movies are based on which is why he's writing the Scarlet Gospels a sequel to that book and has been for sometime. His health issues have been keeping him from doing all the things he wants to do.

Unfortunately anything deriving from the films, the Pinhead PF included would go through the Weinsteins so I'm guessing they're the problem.

According to Clive the Weinsteins own the rights to the Hellraiser films which is of course an ongoing contract. So as long as they make movies in a certain time frame they keep the rights. The reason you thought Disney had a hold of them is because Disney at one point had a stake in Miramax which was owned by the Weinsteins but Hellraiser is put out by Dimension films which was always a Weinstein company even though it was considered an off shoot of Miramax some how they kept that studio out of the deal. Clive still owns the Rights to The Hellbound Heart, the book that the movies are based on which is why he's writing the Scarlet Gospels a sequel to that book and has been for sometime. His health issues have been keeping him from doing all the things he wants to do.

Unfortunately anything deriving from the films, the Pinhead PF included would go through the Weinsteins so I'm guessing they're the problem.

Nice insight.. thanks Josh. Weinsteins.... bastads!:pfft:

Thanks again Alex, and I will throw in a question too. Is there any truth to the talk that Superman is getting some tweaks; specifically to his head, hands, and base. I also realize what thread I am in....lol.

Sorry...don't have any answers to any questions about any changes to the PF. If there are any done we'll post some news when we have it (maybe some nice pictures to show off any changes...should they occur).

As for the DC license being dead...I guess two new PFs and a Life-Size Bust sold during Comic-Con, 5 DC Sixth Scale Figures unveiled and news here and there of things in development (eg: Wonder woman) MUST mean the line is dead, ha! Y'all do crack me up sometimes. :)

-SideshowAlex

Sorry...don't have any answers to any questions about any changes to the PF. If there are any done we'll post some news when we have it (maybe some nice pictures to show off any changes...should they occur).

As for the DC license being dead...I guess two new PFs and a Life-Size Bust sold during Comic-Con, 5 DC Sixth Scale Figures unveiled and news here and there of things in development (eg: Wonder woman) MUST mean the line is dead, ha! Y'all do crack me up sometimes. :)

-SideshowAlex

Thanks Alex... You have been ALL over this joint lately...lol.

As for us guys cracking you up... It was only one of us. Though being 100% honest I TOTALLY forgot about the 1/6 line ....lol... Just not my thing. Oh an if you could sneak us a preview of WW I am sure we would ALL be eternally grateful.:pray:

They also showed us a Harley Quinn(PF?) in the 2013 calendar. or it could be the sixth scale one.

Don't forget about Flash and Aquaman PF too guys. It was sneaked a year ago.

-SideshowAlex
Are we going to get the Quorra maquette / PF or is the Tron License dead?

Back