Action Figure Play Arts Kai - Wonder Woman (Dawn of Justice Movie Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACalica917

Super Freak
Reaction score
squareenix-wwfront-scaled-600-166851.jpg

Pretty cool "variant", I guess.

The joints are a bit loud.

I generally like SE's stylization of musculature on their female figs though.

I think the mafex looks... "cleaner"? This isn't bad though... though I'm sure the price will be a nutty $120-$150.

I picked up the Kai DoJ Wonder Woman, and she's brilliant... The facial resemblance to Gal (or lack thereof) aside, the piece is beautifully detailed and wonderfully articulated... I have the Mafex version on order as well, so it will be interesting to compare the two - but I love the Kai version! Here are some studio shots - enjoy!

Kai Wonder Woman Dawn of Justice 4 sm.jpg

Kai Wonder Woman Dawn of Justice 3 sm.jpg

Kai Wonder Woman Dawn of Justice 2 sm.jpg

Kai Wonder Woman Dawn of Justice 5 sm.jpg

I'm glad you enjoy yours, but I have to say I'm fairly disappointed. However, I do not have it in hand yet. I dove head first into the PO without looking, I try to pick up anything and everything WW related for my wife. I have to say though, the seam work, the joints, the paint apps, even the plastics tones looks like a KO more than it does an official product. I hope in hand does better justice. Thanks for sharing, sorry for being a party pooper.

No worries BRH - we all have our own preferences for sure. I will say that, at least for my copy, the materials, construction, detail and paint for DoJ Wonder Woman are very similar in quality to the previous Kai Wonder Woman variant (pics below for reference)... if anything, DoJ WW has more available articulation, and a more elaborate costume. Is she worth the almost 2X price premium over the previous version? I'm not so sure... but for me at least, I'm definitely happy to have her in my collection. Here's hoping you'll like her better in person!

ww variant 1.jpg

ww variant 2.jpg

I was trying to find a cheaper priced WW and came upon a lot of bootleg versions on Ebay, and ended up buying one. Hopefully the quality is decent, I bought PAKs before in the past, mostly the Street Fighter line. I liked them, but a lot of the arm joints felt weak, the shoulder and wrist joints of my Ryu and Guile broke too easily.

Back