Planet princess leia slave?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unfortunate they didn't match the headsculpt paint to a particular body. The custom looks very decent for the most part (the head's quite good,) it's just unfortunate that it costs a minimum of around $140 to complete it, and takes some work.

Really wish it came as a package that cost under $100 all up - $30 or so for the headsculpt, around $50 as a decent deal for a seamless, maybe $20 for the outfit (which is pretty lackluster.)

It's unfortunate they didn't match the headsculpt paint to a particular body. The custom looks very decent for the most part (the head's quite good,) it's just unfortunate that it costs a minimum of around $140 to complete it, and takes some work.

Really wish it came as a package that cost under $100 all up - $30 or so for the headsculpt, around $50 as a decent deal for a seamless, maybe $20 for the outfit (which is pretty lackluster.)

I just want to get it from a US seller who has it in stock:) but I know what you're saying.

Grand total this will cost around $170 to put together. And it's not HT quality by the simple nature of the issues already mentioned, but it's def good enough to display and look the part w/o question.

And in today's market a popular figure with good sculpt on a great body for $170 ain't so bad.

For the huge floppy bikini top, you can try what I used on my custom Hasbro. Its stretchy string. Used for making bracelets. I used the 0.8mm diameter. Ignore the mediocre paint job. I need to redo her.

I had Leia lounging in front of Jabba for well over a year and as you can see the skin split (left shoulder, right elbow and small of back):mad:

The S02a looks pretty good,
I got my Leia from one sixth outfitters out of NY.
I believe they have it in stock.
They told me they tried the s12 body and the paint match from 2015 suntan phicen is the best match, also said the s02a is more screen accurate.
Just need to find a vibro staff now

Can someone please post a link to a good place to buy S02a body? I have never bought one or where to go to get a good deal.

Ebay is always a good place to start.

Also I know that ekia hobbies and time walker carry a good Phicen line.

Grand total this will cost around $170 to put together. And it's not HT quality by the simple nature of the issues already mentioned, but it's def good enough to display and look the part w/o question.

And in today's market a popular figure with good sculpt on a great body for $170 ain't so bad.

Yeah, it really isn't.

This Leia slave set is $60 plus shipping (most eBay stuff includes shipping) and a few bodies seem to be in the $55-65 range but most of the highest end Phicens do seem to be in the $100 range.:(

For the huge floppy bikini top, you can try what I used on my custom Hasbro. Its stretchy string. Used for making bracelets. I used the 0.8mm diameter. Ignore the mediocre paint job. I need to redo her.

I had Leia lounging in front of Jabba for well over a year and as you can see the skin split (left shoulder, right elbow and small of back):mad:

Yeah, it's amazing that these bodies still seem to have this deterioration issue - it's another aspect that makes me leery of doing this custom using a Phicen. Longevity and rubbery materials (whether it's a body or pleather jacket) just don't seem to go together.

I remember seeing this issue years back when the phicens (and the HT full rubber arms figs) were new and thought "I'll wait a few years until they nail it" but turns out they never did and maybe never will.

I have a nice HT female body but it's got jointed arms/exposed joints. I really don't like that for this Leia, but I'd rather have visible joints than pay $65-110 for a body that only lasts 18 months.

Is that actually a steel skeleton with silicone skin or one of the older bodies with rubber skin? That's not supposed to happen with the newer silicone especially if that is as stressed as those areas ever got.

Mine is finally in the states. Probably get it in a couple of days. Can't wait.

Yeah, it really isn't.

This Leia slave set is $60 plus shipping (most eBay stuff includes shipping) and a few bodies seem to be in the $55-65 range but most of the highest end Phicens do seem to be in the $100 range.:(

Yeah, it's amazing that these bodies still seem to have this deterioration issue - it's another aspect that makes me leery of doing this custom using a Phicen. Longevity and rubbery materials (whether it's a body or pleather jacket) just don't seem to go together.

I remember seeing this issue years back when the phicens (and the HT full rubber arms figs) were new and thought "I'll wait a few years until they nail it" but turns out they never did and maybe never will.

I have a nice HT female body but it's got jointed arms/exposed joints. I really don't like that for this Leia, but I'd rather have visible joints than pay $65-110 for a body that only lasts 18 months.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood, but there are no higher end steel framed Phicens. It's the seller's pricing that causes the difference. I just wanted to point out not to spend $100 when you can get it for $65 because it's all the same quality. The muscular body was going for a bit more and may have hit $100 because it's relatively new and it's only in a few boxsets which have to be broken down for parts.

Getting the s02a off ebay for 65 plus 70 for the kit put you at around 140.

Considering the sculpt and paint are pretty nice, and it's a popular figure that may never see mass release, thats a good deal in my book.

Is that actually a steel skeleton with silicone skin or one of the older bodies with rubber skin? That's not supposed to happen with the newer silicone especially if that is as stressed as those areas ever got.

Its an older plastic skeleton model. On the plus side, the original one I bought arrived with a broken neck joint. I asked for a replacement and they sent a whole body, so I had 2 for 1. :)

These Phicen bodies are confusing as hell. I did some research and this is what I learned.

About the Phicen Steel skeleton Bodies:
All of these refer to the Suntan color only, This is Phicen's equivalent of Hot Toy's common flesh tone color sometimes referred to as Sunny Wheat on ebay. That's the closest color to the ACPlay Leia kit.
  • The S06 & S09 are in Suntan color however they come with heads, the ones with letters at the end don't have heads (S02 & S05 have a head but in a different skin color FYI.).
  • The S02A has Mid bust size and comes in the Suntan Color with non-removeable high heel posed feet.
  • The S06B has a Large Bust size and comes in the Suntan Color with non-removeable high heel posed feet.
  • The S09C is just the S06B with detailed genitalia (referred to as "woman's secret part") and comes in the Suntan Color with non-removeable high heel posed feet.
  • The S12D has a Large bust and the only one in this early series that has removable feet and comes with both flat feet and high heel feet, it comes in the Suntan Color.
I should also add, that all of these come with Bikinis and 3 pairs of hands (total of 6 left and right hands).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now Phicen's newest release is the S17B. The S17B comes in a new off-colored "suntan" color. This is slightly lighter than the previous Phicen Suntan color and doesn't match those previous Suntan colors.
  • The S17B is their newest version of their steel body with a Mid bust size, narrower shoulders, and comes with 2 pairs of hard plastic detachable feet in both high heel and flat feet (total of 4 left and right feet), a Bikini and 3 pairs of hands (total of 6 left and right hands).
  • Just FYI, (The S16A is the same but in a different skin color, Pale and doesn't include a head).
Also, there's a more muscular and taller large bust version currently out there that's on the Phicen Spartan figure, This is way too big for Leia and too expensive and hard to come by at the moment but, it is in the original Phicen Suntan skin color.
I'm not sure about any of Phicen's previous releases.

[EDIT]: (Thanks to Maddog and Edwick at OSW for quickly answering my question, The Caroline Munroe Phicen body is the same as the S12D Large bust in Phicen's original Suntan skin color, it doesn't have proper feet but, boot molded high heel feet.)
I'm curious about the Caroline Monroe figure. It appears to have the original Phicen suntan colored body, steel skeleton, and removable feet that might possibly take the flat Phicen feet that's on the newest Phicen releases so might work better with the ACPlay boots, I'm just 100% unsure of the color and bust size of that body.
I hope this info helps people who are as confused about this as I am at the moment. :lol

Hi everybody, I've been getting alot of emails/messages regarding which body/skin tone fits the Leia outfit the best. Screamingmetal's research pretty much sums up everything. I want to add some additional info that should be helpful before deciding which body to buy.

[*] The body used in the ACPlay pictures is the 2015 Phicen S12D Large Bust Body in Suntan (removable feet). ACPlay answered directly.

[*] The 2015 Phicen S02A will work with the outfit but the feet are high heel posed and not removable while the boots are hollow/empty inside. ACPlay confirmed the fitting.

Both of these bodies will not match the head sculpt in skin tone 100% but we believe this is the closest you can get considering this is 2 different products from 2 different companies.
We recommend buying a body with removable feet as it's easier to put on/take off the boots without chance of damaging the body/skin.

So it's down to the soa2 and the sd 12.

Thanks for the input on the bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back