Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Honestly these days we dont need hot toys for all these other characters. So many companies coming out with generic named versions of what we have wanted. Theres a very high chance this line will get looked at.If it hasnt been made it will be. Patience ;)

Best shot would be someone like threeZero who comes with comparable figures to HT for a lower cost, but being Disney, I don't know if anyone could sell for under $200 and make a good profit. ThreeZero has Game of Thrones and Asmus has LOTR, a line that crashed early for Sideshow, maybe one of them might take on Pirates when HT no longer has the license or if HT's license doesn't prevent them from doing it.

What's the interest level for Salazar? Probably gonna do a sculpt in both shf 6" style but also 1/6. I have a couple of ideas on how to execute his awesome hair.

On a side note, was very surprised with the massive, graphic hole in the side/back of his head in the film. Looked awesome.

C'mon HT, skip the next few Iron Man armors and give POTC more love. :gah:

Dam, Ok guys thanks for the info. I'm kinda shocked i would think they would have jumped on re making some of the old stuff into DX seeing as a lot of the old cast came back and with the price of those figures are going for on ebay. My dreams of a Barbarossa and Davey :(

Yeah, you and me both... :(

What do people think of turning this thread into a general POTC collectibles thread? There are other products here and there you can buy but nowhere to discuss such things and I think it’s safe to say this line is long over, with the first Jack we got 3 other characters and a 2nd Jack, with DX06 we got Angelica and now with DX15 we get nothing else.

Re: Pirates Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

I’ll take that as enough votes, moving forward this will be a place to share any pirates products or customs people discover or have in their collections.

This is a Jack Sparrow compass that was part of a kids cosplay set sold at Disneystore, it's not a perfect 1:1 replica, but of all the affordable compass replicas I've seen on the market, it was the only one that had all the features the most accurate, the only trouble was, because it was marketed as a Dead Men Tell No Tales item, and it's marketed at children, they gave all the white trim a gold color instead. Between that and the glossy finish of the plastic, I planned to rework it.

This was the stock compass.

27803491899_7c20431a56_c.jpg

39579909691_542e1039e9_c.jpg

I started by sanding the entire outside and the flat inside where the compass lay.

39550824112_4faaaed753_c.jpg

38871573554_df5df4cc53_c.jpg

The next step was to start taping off and painting in all the white lines. This was a tedious step and I didn't take many photos of the progress but for one.

24712610657_939a961036_c.jpg

After I painted all the lines in, I took some black to touch up some of the slop and then added weathering to it based on photos from the various films, as well as repainting the shade of blue and the color of the stars on the interior, below is the final result.

24712614727_0d21811b94_c.jpg

38684113015_e6e81c116e_c.jpg

This is my 1:1 scale Captain Jack Sparrow sword I'd mentioned, the scabbard came with the compass I bought and is part of a children's cosplay kit, but the scabbard fit in it and I have it hanging on my movie bookcase so it works for now fro looks.

27986152259_a3da453992_c.jpg

25892889618_052274269a_c.jpg

27986151409_303dca357a_c.jpg

Once warmer weather hits, I'm going to hit the sword with some spray paints to make it look more realistic and true to film, and also use sanding to make the sheath look more worn.

This is a small display I have next to my Pirates video collection.

27986151779_f910a1cf7b_c.jpg

And this is a small display atop my shelves, right now only Jack is specially Pirates films, but the general look is pirate centric, there's also the jar of dirt I picked up at the beach over the summer.

25892889218_5055e58f9f_c.jpg

I also wanted to share this, my girlfriend was at a yard sale where they had these old fashioned looking decorative keys, she snagged them and I bought a metal ring to replicate the look of the key ring from when Jack was locked up in Curse.

39764755091_95ea4d340a_c.jpg

If you want the sword, it can be bought here.

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-POTC5...1516297995&sr=8-1&keywords=Jack+Sparrow+Sword

Last edited:
Since this is now a general PotC merch thread, I might as well contribute with the only PotC collectible I own other than the DVDs - NECA's 7" scale Davy Jones.

yLghAUB.png

NECA's Davy Jones is quite detailed, but I don't like how they gave him a sort of nose instead of having his upper lip being the tentacles.

latest

NECA's Davy Jones is quite detailed, but I don't like how they gave him a sort of nose instead of having his upper lip being the tentacles.

latest

Yeah that's the only thing that really bugs me about the figure. My guess is that NECA was given unfinished concept art to base their figure on.

Probably, I really wish NECA would revisit Pirates with their skills today, I'm still bummed out DST cancelled their Jack and Barbossa, especially after finding out the two would make a Pearl wheel dio together.

I'm looking to grab one of these Davy Jones figures.

s-l1600.jpg

Some more of my collection, the Pops.

4AE3A34E-952C-46F2-BA66-26DB7C498C7E.jpeg

And my little Jacks. I have a third Hallmark ornament but it hangs so until I come up with a display stand option he’s in the box, but I am also looking to get the 4th ornament that I don’t have yet. My girlfriend got me the infinity figure from a flea market and the sword blade was broke off, so I bought the Jack/Ghost 2-pack figures, cut the sword off the ghost and glued it to Jack. I bought the set mainly for the sword blade, but figured hey, get a little Jack to hang onto too, like how they gave his free hand a trademark Jack gesture.

7F5FFC2A-E296-4625-AF80-C244074B00D3.jpeg

C54B581A-D744-4EBD-9744-A5B3E0BFE4EE.jpeg

Got my Barbossa today, quite impressed overall, not any good pics of him online, and love seeing him with Jack.

2F2F075E-9223-452E-9942-1F05C44B453D.jpeg

Probably, I really wish NECA would revisit Pirates with their skills today, I'm still bummed out DST cancelled their Jack and Barbossa, especially after finding out the two would make a Pearl wheel dio together.

NECA PotC these days would rock. :rock

Biggest thing that bummed me out about the cancellation of the DST figures is that they were also gonna do Salazar, and now we'll probably never even see so much as the prototype.

Back