Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't count on that getting released. If memory serves correctly they also put Select Jack and Barbossa up for PO but that didn't stop them from cancelling those two.

Captain Jack Sparrow 1/2 scale bust now up for preorder.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/85353

LEGENDS-IN-3D-POTC-JACK-SPARROW-SCALE-BUST-1.jpg

LEGENDS-IN-3D-POTC-JACK-SPARROW-SCALE-BUST-2.jpg

I like it. I can see myself Repainting it though and adding faux hair to make it better.
Pre-ordered it.

Just noticed that it's his outfit from On Stranger Tides. He's missing his extra belt.

Not bad at all for 1/12 figure. I just wish they'd go back to the original instead of all these great looking figures from the new movie(s)

It’s actually 1:9 scale, sort of an odd choice, only 8” cloth figures out there really are retro Mego style, not realistic.

I was highly tempted because it looks great and such nice Jack’s don’t come around all the time, but essentially this is a shrunken HT Jack and $100 is a lot to spend on a shrunken version of something I already have.

I can't believe you're passing, Sean, when this fits in perfectly with the Quint and Brody. He could replace Hooper. Imagine that threesome -- Quint always yelling at Jack because he's drunk; Jack seeing the shark but not being sure he's not drunk; and Jack could start the song just like Hooper: Show me the way to go home... but he'd sing: Drink up me hardies.

In my Pirates collection, he has no place, he’d be too big to go with my NECA guys, and I have 1/6 Jack on display with my mini Pearl. It’s a hard pass for sure, but they just unveiled like $600 worth of things I’m interested in at Toy Fair and SDCC is still to come, the tough decisions to make on a budget. I can get the 3 Jaws guys from NECA for the cost of 1 Jack.

Best 1/6th we've gotten of Jack is the DX15 definitely one of my favorites (sad I sold mine) but I hope one day HT makes a COTBP version or a updated Cannibal king Jack Sparrow.

I have no idea why he's $100.

I believe the body is an 8” equivalent to a TT body, and the clothes are tailored to look real and not retro, and accessories are nicer. In a market where a 12” version would run $300, a figure 4” shorter at 1/3 of the price seems reasonable, I don’t think it’s unreasonable, I simply don’t think the return on investment is worth it for my collection given what else I could add to my collection with that money.

I believe the body is an 8” equivalent to a TT body, and the clothes are tailored to look real

I suppose if the figure looked like a genuine HT shrunk down, I would buy that argument.

Granted, its not as deliberately hokey as the Jaws figures, but it doesn't look as good as a 12'' figure. I would say it looks great if it was a 6 inch figure though.

I suppose it all depends what actually gets produced in the end.

Once you go below 1/6 scale, getting clothes to look good on a figure is a challenge. The Mezco 1/12 figures can look ok depending on the outfit, Michael Myers, not so bad, Ghostbusters, the clothes look very toyish to me.

I'd say under 1/9 and you really have to put in effort to make it work. This looks like one of the more impressive efforts below 1/6, but as you said, let's see what ships.

I like the comic Mezco stuff. I wish SS would take a page from their book when creating their comic versions of characters with the design choices and amount of accessories. Both SS and HT have been raising their prices but giving us less and less accessories with figures lately.

Back