Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Hey Maulfan, I'm just doing a review of her, would you mind if I linked to this page to show your pics, I'd credit you of course!

Not at all, go right ahead. Look forward to reading the review, though you're a machine with them lately, I'm still catching up haha.

Not at all, go right ahead. Look forward to reading the review, though you're a machine with them lately, I'm still catching up haha.

Tell me about it! I seriously don't know how Michael writes three a week for his site and another for Pit Stop. I find one a fortnight keeps be busy, but stuffs coming through so fast right now I'm trying to do one a week. I'm not sure what'll hit next, I'd guess Supes mk2 or (I'm hoping) Appleseed. But a week or two off over Christmas would be nice (who am I kidding, I love it!).
I can never get SST stuff quick enough to make a review worthwhile so I'll stick to Medi and HT.

Out of interest how are the joints on your Elizabeth MF, mine are good overall but one knee (her right) is a little loose.

Out of interest how are the joints on your Elizabeth MF, mine are good overall but one knee (her right) is a little loose.

Both legs are somewhat loose, but not like flopping loose, just easily moved. I'm still able to get legs apart battle stances, at least as far as the armor will allow and she stands fine so to me, that's not loose enough to be an issue. Other than that, the rest of the joints are great, the arms are really sturdy which is most important of all. Legs can be helped with the stand but loose arms really hurt it because you can't compensate that really. I love how HT uses the soft hair on these figures so you can more articulation out of the necks, though with her style, Elizabeth's hair is a bit more restricting than Jack's.

Interesting, same as mine, as you say not floppy but moves with a light touch. Be interested to hear how other peoples are!

My leg joints are loose too. Like y'all said not bad enough to keep her from flopping, but it took me a bit to get her able to stand without the stand.

I've been working on tweaking my Sparrow a bit over the last couple days. Stretched out the baldric a bit, darkened that light tan belt, and general futzing of the clothing...particularly that scarf.

Here's what I got so far, SPARROW sans coat and hat:

JackSparrow1-1.jpg

Sleeves are puffy, I know. They need water treatment, but I'm going with the coat-on look, just figured I'd grab a shot before that.

Looks good Wor-Gar.

I can't help but laugh.

"It's a puffy shirt...this Pirate look is going to be big, you're going to be the first Pirate."

"But I don't wanna be a Pirate!"

I do find the sleeves too puffy up at the shoulders, I watched the movie and pics of Jack and they almost seem to be bell shaped, puffy and wide at the base of the cuffs and tighter towards the shoulder. Stilly a great shirt though.

I love the shirt, even with the big sleeves, its a great material and the detailing is so nice.

I just need to futz with it like I did with every other piece of clothing, water works well enough:

JackSparrow2-1.jpg

See, minimal 'puff'. :D

Too bad the sleeves will be hidden by the coat. My next phase it to get the coat to hang right, bunch up in the back correctly, and have the sleeve cuffs spilling out in that Jack Sparrow sashay kind of way.

Too bad the sleeves will be hidden by the coat. My next phase it to get the coat to hang right, bunch up in the back correctly, and have the sleeve cuffs spilling out in that Jack Sparrow sashay kind of way.

Don't forget to have some of the shirt sleeves showing out of the jacket. I'm curious to see how your jacket looks when you're done, I tried bending the wires to get the folds in the back like Jack has, but something with the material, either quantity or quality, or my lack of tailoring skill just wouldn't pull if off but if you can get it I'd love to see and know how, that's one Jack detail missing for me that bothers me.

I tried bending the wires to get the folds in the back like Jack has, but something with the material, either quantity or quality, or my lack of tailoring skill just wouldn't pull if off but if you can get it I'd love to see and know how, that's one Jack detail missing for me that bothers me.

Yep, you know I'll post pictures.

I've already bent the wires in back to create some folds... there's no way to have as many folds as the actual coat in the movie, mainly because the stitching in the back for the button doesn't allow the fabric to fold correctly all the way up to the waist. But it does work along the sides. I shaped mine on Tuesday and have been letting it sit to hold the shape. Anyway, we'll see how it looks once it's on.

Ordered Cannibal Jack. Any idea why he is $5 cheaper than the first Jack? I mean he does come with two heads this time around. :confused: I'm not complaining mind you. :D

Not a bad price at all...

It says it comes with sword and scabbard...but it says nothing about the baldric, and there's no picture of it. So it's just a loose sword?

I orderd Jack and Elizabeth from Bob. Should have them both next week:rock

Just pre-ordered Jack and Will from Sideshow! :rock

I ordered Will. I'd love the smirking face, but I can't see spending the money just to get a different head, plus I want my Jack to have his jacket. That said, should the Will come out more like the first HT Jack in size then I'll have to get the new Jack anyways (unless the old one is still available in which case I'll have a dilemma).

Not a bad price at all...

It says it comes with sword and scabbard...but it says nothing about the baldric, and there's no picture of it. So it's just a loose sword?

I wouldn't worry, only sword and scabbard are listed with the other Jack as well, I think they consider the shoulder part and the sheath all to be the scabbard.

I ordered Will and Jack, I'm in this line for whatever they offer if it's characters I like.

Back