Piecing together a Matrix Neo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At last, after almost 11 months since I started this thread, I present you my final Neo. :)

IMG_2298_3_small.png

More shots tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

Looks great... But where are the mini uzi's

EPIC :thud:

I love the shortened coat, too, man. Perfection :bow

Thanks man. I had my mother shorten it for me when I visited over christmas. :lol

AWESOME! :clap

Hoping mine comes out that good. Still waiting on my harness.

Thanks. :)

Fantastic, the way you did it makes it look like an official HT product shot!

That was the idea. :yess:

Looks great... But where are the mini uzi's

I only bought but I could actually use on display. Since he wears the Uzis behind his back, I didn't bother. I'm not even going to display the M16 or the Skorpions, I just used those for the photos. ^^

A couple of tricks for the nice bashes im seeing coming along here that wil help them out a lot.

SMG boots: Run a black felt sharpie along the edges of all of the leather straps and tongue before you lace them up to remove the white and fraying edges. Seriously this is essential and makes them look ds much better, it also disguised stray threads etc.

- Sarah Conner pants: seeing many of them looking too grey. what you need to do is take goof off and remove all of the dirt weathering on the knees butt and sides. then take an x-acto blade and carefully slice the stitching under the right side pocket to remove it. it is not noticeable that it was there once you get all the sticing out. Finally take dylon or Rit dye., black and dye them black. looks way better and is not difficult to do all this.

:goodpost: These are some very helpful tips, especially the black sharpie for the boots. The pants also look better after a bath in black dye.

And the rest of the pics:

IMG_2288_2_small.png

IMG_2293_2_small.png

IMG_2307_2_small.png

IMG_2318_2_small.png

IMG_2330_2_small.png

IMG_2324_3_small.png

My favorite one:
IMG_2312_2_small.png

And that's it. I'm so happy with the figure, he turned out better than I even imagined. A huge thanks goes out to everybody involved in this project, finding all the right parts and helping everybody creating their own perfect Neo. Chad's boots really put this bash to a whole new level, it elevates Neo from a cool custom bash to a near-official product.

I'll be answering the PMs shortly. If anbody wants a parts breakdown, I can post the recipe here.

Alright, here's the recipe:

Head: Headplay Neo
Sunglasses: selfmade
Body: HT TTM-16 Advanced
Shirt: ebay (https://www.ebay.de/itm/7Toys7-1-6-...582?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfe088c5e)
Coat: TriadToys Knight Runner 2.0 Male, shortened at the bottom and wire added
Pants: HT Sarah Connor, right pocket removed and dyed black
Boots: custom from sithlordmacgyver
Harness (above belt): made by elvis1976
Harness (below belt): by a recipe from MarfMaster:
  • from goodstufftogo.net
  • -Webbing - Black - .25 Inches Wide by 72 Inches Long (ace)
  • -Webbing - Black - .375 Inches Wide by 72 Inches Long (ace)
  • buckles from DID Hermann Hanke belts
M16: HT Platoon Chris Taylor
Berettas: Playhouse D-Boy Battle of Mogadishu (ebay)
MP5: Steve US Seal team (ebay)
Skorpions: HT Biohazard 5 Jill, stock removed and repainted black
Hands: various HT (Truetype, Ezio and T-800)

Hope I didn't forget anything. :lol

Fantastic custom and great info. I'm looking to pull together a Matrix line myself--Neo, Morpheus, Trinity and Smith (Maybe Twins and Niobe). It will probably take a year or two (and who knows how much $) to get them all pulled together through purchases, painting, custom pieces, and commissions, but doesn't look like anything will be coming from Hot Toys, Enterbay or any of the other majors before then, if ever. Being new to the 1:6 customs world this is a great thread for ideas and inspiration.

IMG_2324_3_small.png

My favorite one:
IMG_2312_2_small.png
[/CENTER]

I ____ing love these last two pics, absolutely perfect poses :rock The landing stance right after his triple kick to end the lobby scene, and of course the agent shoot-out...excellent execution.

Oh, and your pics have convinced me I need to shorten the coat...bugging the wife ASAP :lol

Fantastic custom and great info. I'm looking to pull together a Matrix line myself--Neo, Morpheus, Trinity and Smith (Maybe Twins and Niobe). It will probably take a year or two (and who knows how much $) to get them all pulled together through purchases, painting, custom pieces, and commissions, but doesn't look like anything will be coming from Hot Toys, Enterbay or any of the other majors before then, if ever. Being new to the 1:6 customs world this is a great thread for ideas and inspiration.

Have you seen sunohc's and Kato's Morpheus? That is some outstanding work. A Mr. Smith shouldn't be too hard, all you need is a decent sculpt. A Trinity could get tricky though. Looking forward to what you come up with.

One of the very few best customs out there. Awesome job.

Thanks a lot man. I strive for excellence in my customs, and I hope it shows. :)

I ____ing love these last two pics, absolutely perfect poses :rock The landing stance right after his triple kick to end the lobby scene, and of course the agent shoot-out...excellent execution.

Oh, and your pics have convinced me I need to shorten the coat...bugging the wife ASAP :lol

You know your movie. :exactly: Exactly the scene I used for the landing pose, I always thought he looked badass just standing there.
The shortened cape is really great IMO, you can pose it a lot more since it doesn't touch the ground.

Everytime I look at your pics, I think I should upgrade my holsters though. :lol Got any pointers where you got those from?

You know your movie. :exactly: Exactly the scene I used for the landing pose, I always thought he looked badass just standing there.
The shortened cape is really great IMO, you can pose it a lot more since it doesn't touch the ground.

Everytime I look at your pics, I think I should upgrade my holsters though. :lol Got any pointers where you got those from?

I've watched The Matrix more times than I care to openly admit :lol And you're right, he looks totally badass standing there. I actually heard the assault rifle hit the ground when I saw that pic, that's how you know it's good :exactly:

The holsters/rig on mine is the one stevo offers, so no pointers other than visit his site :lol

Looks pretty damn good.

I still think it's funny that girl pants make the best Neo pants.

Why did I throw this project in the trash??!??! WHYYYYYY??? That came out beautiful Agon!!!

I think I still have half the parts on that list. I knew I should have stuck it out. Oh well, the journey begins again! :lol

I'll see you guys at the end of the year.

Have you seen sunohc's and Kato's Morpheus? That is some outstanding work. A Mr. Smith shouldn't be too hard, all you need is a decent sculpt. A Trinity could get tricky though. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Thanks. Sunohc's heads are already ordered, and a painter lined up. There are some Smith heads out there as well, but may see if the HT Weaving/Red Skull works. Trinity would likely end up being commission head, and the same with Niobe. The Twins could probably be harvested from the GG busts. I'm sure it's going to take a while.

Agonistes too, I saw your bash when you first posted it but somehow forgot to comment? Absolutely stunning work. One of the best customs ever.

And the rest of the pics:

IMG_2288_2_small.png

IMG_2293_2_small.png

IMG_2307_2_small.png

IMG_2318_2_small.png

IMG_2330_2_small.png

IMG_2324_3_small.png

My favorite one:
IMG_2312_2_small.png

And that's it. I'm so happy with the figure, he turned out better than I even imagined. A huge thanks goes out to everybody involved in this project, finding all the right parts and helping everybody creating their own perfect Neo. Chad's boots really put this bash to a whole new level, it elevates Neo from a cool custom bash to a near-official product.

I'll be answering the PMs shortly. If anbody wants a parts breakdown, I can post the recipe here.
I hate you man! I hate you! This is fantastic! My dream! He looks so real!!! You can be really proud!!!

Back