Photography Tips and Tricks-New Camera

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pictures of a family of ducks. My GF and I saved them from being run over. They were little babies with a momma in the middle of the road. Now they have grown accustomed to us and will allow us to hand feed them.

This one has a hurt foot but he is getting along just fine.

When we first saved them they were very little and yellow, now they almost look full grown. My how quickly it happened. :monkey2

efe5b74c.jpg
See who needs kids when you have ducks.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I really like those pictures Calle. They are framed nicely and correctly exposed in my opinion. A tripod in the darker situations will definitely help, along with a remote for the shutter.

Keep them coming, i love pictures. :rock

Thank you very much : ) I'll make sure to get a tripod and take some more pics :D

i stopped by my local Target yesterday to pick up a couple of cheap colored paper for use as backgrounds. it only cost 0.57 and 0.59 cents.

i took these shots with them..

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7954.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7956.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

Is the Canon S3 IS worth it at $300, or what? Image quality is top priority.

Scratch that. The 'S3 IS' didn't leave a good impression on me. Small, dim LCD, and plasticky build quality. The S5 is far better quality, but after handling a EOS 30D, I think, I don't think I'd settle for a point-and-shoot anymore. I don't upgrade often, so I intend to keep my camera for many years...

I can get a SD1000 Elph for $200 + 1GB card, but I'd get an older-model Canon SLR if I could. I prefer AA batteries whenever possible. Image quality, speed, good dynamic range, and all that good stuff... help? :monkey2

i definitely love the feel of the 30D in my hands. pair that with a battery grip and you've got a magnum gun!

i upgraded from a Canon SD800 IS which is nice for a point and shoot but you can't beat a DSLR for what it can do. both have their advantages/disadvantages.

The 30D is a beast. I totally agree with ya - the cold heavy metal, leathery grips, it just feels solid. I like a camera that has a good build quality to match its image quality!

I know how expensive lenses can get, so I'm avoiding SLRs at this point. In a couple of years I can spring up for the EOS Mark V or something! The RebelXTi, though, is relatively affordable, but maybe just too much for me at this point.

I'm scratching off the Elph SD1000, as it lacks image stabilization, which seems to be a required feature nowadays.

The Canon S5-IS is probably as good as it gets with point-n-shoots.

BTW, your pictures are awesome PIXAR!

I use a S3IS. I never found the LCD to be too dim and I actually prefer the lighter feel to my heavy Olympus. That said, I'm planning on moving on to an digital SLR soon.

277515775.jpg

277515924.jpg

277515929.jpg

277515927.jpg

277515795.jpg

277515785.jpg

Backed fully out...
277515782.jpg

And zoomed all the way in.
277515780.jpg

277515954.jpg

277515921.jpg

I love having a DSLR and its great for pics, but can be a pain to carry around. There are many times where it would be nice to have a small point and shot camera. You get better pics out of the SLRs but can be a pain at conventions. I have been looking to get another small camera I can take with me snowboarding and stuff like that where a SLR is just not a good option.

Back