PF or Vs.??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
ok, i have a touch decision to make. as captain america is my favorite comic hero i am jumping for joy that he is finally getting sideshow's loving treatment in not one but two formats. problem is i will probably only be able to afford one or the other. since i currently have several other PFs im leaning more towards the PF, but i do like the Vs. pose and think its gonna be one of those rare items that people will wish they hadn't missed. i have both exclusive versions on preorder and will probably wait until the last minute to cancel one or the other. can you guys that collect the Vs. and PF give me some feedback??

Normally I would side with the VS, I really like that series; but having seen the Capt A up close, it was rather boring to me.

Go for the PF! :D

if you are asking in general wheter the vs. line or PF line, well...I have to go with the versus line. You get 2 characters in one, let alone legendary rivals.

But, if you are asking whether PF Capt. America or the VS. CApt. America, I will go with the PF. He looks bad ass standing there. :D

The Vs. is cool but isn't as great a representation of classic Cap due to the utility belt and enraged demeanor. The PF on the other hand just may be the definitive Captain America collectible period.

71611_press02-001.jpg

The PF exclusive is also more versatile as you can display him as Golden Age Cap with classic costume or Golden Age modern costume (if you use modern costume and German helmet together.) Or modern costume w/Ultron head for a more Avengers oriented display. You just can't go wrong with the Premium Format!

Khev said:
The Vs. is cool but isn't as great a representation of classic Cap due to the utility belt and enraged demeanor. The PF on the other hand just may be the definitive Captain America collectible period.

71611_press02-001.jpg

The PF exclusive is also more versatile as you can display him as Golden Age Cap with classic costume or Golden Age modern costume (if you use modern costume and German helmet together.) Or modern costume w/Ultron head for a more Avengers oriented display. You just can't go wrong with the Premium Format!

...man.. thank u for showing the pics again. Now I can't wait for him to get here :banghead :banghead :banghead

If we are comparing both Caps then the PF wins.

If we are comparing lines then the VS line has proven to be the best out of both.

The Marvel PF line has 3 homeruns: Doom, Hulk and Cap. The Vs line has 4 and a half awesome pieces. The Vs line is more solid than the PF line.

SolidLiquidFox said:
The Marvel PF line has 3 homeruns: Doom, Hulk and Cap. The Vs line has 4 and a half awesome pieces. The Vs line is more solid than the PF line.
Most people seem to include the comiquettes in with the PF line due to both being 1/4 scale. Adding Iron Man and Wolverine to the mix would increase 1/4 scale "home runs" from 3 to 5.

For everyone getting the Vs. piece this would be a nice comic to display with it:

tos80.jpg

90041_press01-001.jpg

Get all of them...........it is only money..............you can make it tomorrow............

Mithrandier said:
Get all of them...........it is only money..............you can make it tomorrow............

lol!! thats what i keep telling myself, but when i get my credit card bills i want to jump off the roof. if i can get a decent job by then it wont be a problem, but right now im back to working at minimum wage until something else comes along.

I would say vs. piece because that's the best line from SS....imo! However, the PF just captures Cap so well, it's hard to not order him. Guess I am not much of a help....sorry! :eek:

if you order a regular verson of each from an online shop you might save enough to own both...if you have other vs pieces i'd go for vs cap.
if not, have the pf.regular pf and vs are still very nice even without the exclusive options
hope you get a better job soon..that'll save you choosing.
all the best

the Doctor said:
if you order a regular verson of each from an online shop you might save enough to own both...if you have other vs pieces i'd go for vs cap.
if not, have the pf.regular pf and vs are still very nice even without the exclusive options
hope you get a better job soon..that'll save you choosing.
all the best

i'd like to get both, but the PF exclusive is too great for me to miss out on. espcially since i plan on displaying that instead of the regular version.

hairlesswookiee said:
the PF exclusive is too great for me to miss out on. espcially since i plan on displaying that instead of the regular version.
I plan on displaying the modern and classic costumes pretty evenly, but the exclusive WWII base will probably be a constant.

Back