PF Indy in 1/6 scale!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's great to see experiments like this.

But any discussion of selling this will be deleted.

Understood, Dave, not another word on the subject.
The great thing about this sculpt is of course the subtlety of the expression, Harrison employs that sardonic smirk so much in Raiders that it's nearly as iconic to me as the hat and whip. I'll try and get him on a body soon, still waiting for the hat to set up and he looks a little sad without it.

Here are a couple shots with the head on a body. They aren't the best photos in the world but serve to show how he looks on a HT.

I think I've matched the size of the KOTCS proportions pretty well (nose size ears, ect.), though the jaw is a bit bigger and overall wider. I think the proper hat will help enormously!

Look, it is pretty awesome, no doubt.

The problem is that the KOTCS Indy head is not 1/6 scale, more like 1/5 and a half. And your Raiders PF shrunken head looks to be just a touch bigger than that ...

Can you "shrink it" one more time to see what scale that winds up being?

I think I've matched the size of the KOTCS proportions pretty well (nose size ears, ect.), though the jaw is a bit bigger and overall wider. I think the proper hat will help enormously!

Look, it is pretty awesome, no doubt.

The problem is that the KOTCS Indy head is not 1/6 scale, more like 1/5 and a half. And your Raiders PF shrunken head looks to be just a touch bigger than that ...

Can you "shrink it" one more time to see what scale that winds up being?

I hate to say it but I think that's right--the KOTCS Indy head is also a bit big for the body, so not the best guide to follow. I'm sure it's a lot of work to keep trying to shrink the head, but since you're so close, wouldn't you want it just right? ;)

No, it absolutely has to be right. Constructive criticism is why I post in the first place. Well, that and thunderous showers of applause...
It is a bit tricky to reduce by degree but at this stage, there are a couple of tricks I'll test that could push it to be a tad smaller.
I do agree that it's a smidge on the large size.

The alternative is to do a custom body like I did for the KOTCS Indy. But then you have to do custom everything else. Better to try to shrink it one more time:

IMG_2794.jpg

-10.jpg

Well after a while, I've finally gotten the head to what I believe to be the right size. The 1/6 Raiders sculpt has a pointier chin, but as far as ear size and spatial alignment of eyes and mouth, I think this'll be perfectly Ford acceptable and certainly more in line with !/6 than my previous attempt. I have kept Trevor's neck but utilized a jig in the molding to make his head more forward facing, hope you all enjoy!

Nathan

Back