PF Buffy hair fix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No question, yours has a couple of serious problems, and should go back. Not only is the left eye off, but the left eyelash is way too low, making the eye appear even more "odd."

If I had any complaint about mine, it is the eyelash being just slightly lower on the left eye, but I don't think it is bad enough to be worth returning. It is definitely not noticeable at normal viewing distance.

I hope things work out for you, because otherwise this is an amazing piece. The likeness to SMG is spot on.

Yeah, I must say even with the flaws I LOVE THIS statue, the sculpt is great, the likeness is great - it is a beautiful statue. Sideshow did a GREAT job on her. I understand production things happen - no biggie - as long as I do get another. ;-)

mikey said:
Yeah, I must say even with the flaws I LOVE THIS statue, the sculpt is great, the likeness is great - it is a beautiful statue. Sideshow did a GREAT job on her. I understand production things happen - no biggie - as long as I do get another. ;-)

Good luck mikey, I hope you get your replacement soon. I bet so many people are regretting having missed on the pre-order, or having cancelled Buffy.

Sideshow is usually great, so it should be no problem. Yes, in person - she is better than in the pictures, she really is amazing - and by no means did sideshow drop the ball on this one. To tell you the truth and to emphasize how great this statue is, I even thought about keeping this one and buying another - just to have 2, if I could live with the problem on the one I have (this is for everyone who is scared of the lazy eye, or considering trying to get one - she is worth it).

mikey said:
Here are some more pics at different angles, judge for yourself - she really does have a problem and I will be sending her back. It is a fairly small area, but when looking directly at her - completely noticeable.

eye1.jpg

eye2.jpg

eye3.jpg

Yup, your figure definitely has eye issues. Looking at each eye individually they seem to look okay but as a whole they look like they are looking off in different directions. Whoever painted that one didn't match them up when they centered the eyes. Other than that, she's beautiful but I would have a very hard time overlooking that problem.

PF Buffy - more pics

PF Buffy arrived today. It was the perfect day for taking pictures - overcast, but not rainy. Before we get to the figure, the box - surprisingly big. Twice as big as 7 of 9's or Leia's. The backs of the boxes are flush to each other.

PF-boxes-03.jpg

The reason for the box size is obviously the base. It's HUGE. No way could they fit this in a Leia-sized package. I've got more than a few PFs and LoTR polystone, so I know how hard getting the statue onto the base can be. This one was pretty hard to fit. One thing about polystone, it does give quite a bit if you heat it carefully with a hairdryer. I didn't have to go to those lengths, just worked the statue down very very carefully, a millimeter each leg at a time. Same taking it off to move it back inside. Luckily, the holes are pretty much centered on each heel and it just took time, patience, and extra care.

full-front.jpg

I'm very pleased with the finish on the face. The eyes are well done. I'm guessing it's because the placement of the iris isn't part of the sculpt like other PFs that there's as much variation as there is about where the eyes are painted. To be honest, I really didn't like the eyelashes on Leia, and I could've done without them on Buffy. Who has eyelashes like wires that go up to the eyebrows and are all different lengths? Anyway, they're not too distracting here. One other thing about Buffy's eyes, I thought SMG's eyes were hazel? These clearly look green to me. The eyes and lips are nice and glossy. The eyebrows are a little too thick with the darker shade, but that's nitpicking. The hair - the worst part of the statue, clearly looking like stone and lacking in fine detail, but heck, it is a statue, not a doll.

face-03.jpg

The uniboob issue - not an issue to me. I don't know if this was part of the tweaking SC did, but her chest looks great, nicely shaded with definition and not grossly exaggerated.

bust-left-2.jpg

That does bring up one other thing, and that's the overall skintone - a bit on the ruddy, almost tawny side. I'm not complaining, though. It's overall a very nice piece, one I have no regrets paying full retail directly from Sideshow for.

More pics:

face-01.jpg

hands-cu.jpg

bust-front.jpg

binky

Wow, great pics...best yet, I think. Natural lighting makes a big difference. Would you mind if I post these pics on another forum?

Extraordinary pictures, binky. Thank you so so much for this great review. Again, I'm more anxious than ever, I can't wait for mine to be delivered, but I'll have to wait a little longer. The box is HUGE! I love it now.

Your Buffy seems to be just perfect.

Re: PF Buffy - more pics

binky said:

If it wasn't for her plastic hair I could have easely mistaken this picture of being of the real Sarah Michelle Gellar!
And if you don't consider the fact that she's on a base....
...that's on a garden table....
... and that this makes her look very tiny.:D

Wow Binky! Those are the best photos yet! I absolutely love this figure and am so trying to control myself in buying one now. I cannot afford to start collecting PF figures (and my husband would kill me) but she is just so stunning and beautiful!

those new pics jus made me click a buy it button on ebay, cant wait!!! shd arrive next week here in singapore. the seller was nice enuf to have me a peek to see if the eye was also bad to confirm the purchase

mikey said:
Here are some more pics at different angles, judge for yourself - she really does have a problem and I will be sending her back. It is a fairly small area, but when looking directly at her - completely noticeable.

eye1.jpg

eye2.jpg

eye3.jpg

It does look like her....Well at least it looks like her from the fourth season BEER BAD episode.

The figure on mine looks fantastice, but the pegs on the base are a little slanted and I can't get the figure to fit on the posts. I'd guess that they are off by about 3 to 4 mm. Any suggestions on what to do?

Mikey, I DEFINITELY think that you have to send her back. She looks, off.... like she is exhausted and drunk, not just melancholy...
Sorry, man. Good luck!

It seems like in all of these her eyes are being made to suggest that she is looking far off into the distance. A tricky thing to pull off. The prototype had her looking MUCH more focussed and better IMHO....

Hope mine looks ok as it would be a collossal pain I'm sure since I didn't order from sideshow but from a second party dealer...

Last edited:
Hey gang,

My Buffy sort of had the lazy eye problem. I noticed this morning that only one of her eyes had the white speck in her iris....until I started fidgiting with the eyelash and used a toothpick to push up the eyelash and underneath it was the other white iris....not sure how much I can tweak it but I think the problem may be able to be fixed that way.

Back