Petition to increase Stealth Iron Man edition size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. :( If I couldn't afford a high-speed internet connection, I'd have to question whether or not I could afford to have this hobby.

I questioned it and then asked myself what the point of a high speed connection is if I can't afford to order stuff because of it. :lol

I wouldn't mind them making the ES to 2000.
I think they still would hold their value plus it would take care of us Wait List people who couldn't get one in 8 min..:emperor

Although, I have a feeling that alot of Wait lists will be converted. Once they go through all the orders and find out how many people ordered 2 or more, they will get cancelled.

Frankly, I don't understand the appeal with this statue. Wow, it lights up and is a repainted version of a more expensive version of the first Iron Man comiquette. I get it.

How many of the 1250 are huge Iron Man fans?? I mean I can understand a comic book hero like Spiderman who's more mainstream. Personally, I think a large majority of the people bought this statue, bought this in hopes of turning a profit the same way the first Iron Man comiquette skyrocketed in value. While, I feel bad to those that really wanted this and missed it, I don't feel the need to sign a petition to increase the edition size. The edition size has been officially set and there's nothing that could be done but to sign up for the waiting list.

Yea , give it a while and the prices will crash.

Although, I have a feeling that alot of Wait lists will be converted. Once they go through all the orders and find out how many people ordered 2 or more, they will get cancelled.

With Sideshow's system you can't order more than one unless you have a separate address, which would be a valid order.

i bought one to keep and one to flip hopefully i can end up with mine for free. boooyahhhhhh biatches

You have just tempted fate, which will cause BOTH of yours to break in shipping.

:monkey3

lol then i shall just have to have ss pay for me too ship it back to them and replace them free of charge. no big deal lol. it happens all the time to me anyway so im ready

So do you understand or not? At first you don't, but then you get it. So which is it? :confused:

I understand that the statue lights up and is a repainted version of the first Iron Man comiquette.

I just don't understand the appeal (ie. the popularity of this piece). I mean putting the upcoming movie to the side, how many of those people do you think are actually into Iron Man...

:lol:lol:lol
Personally I am worried about paint flaws. I don't think I saw many perfect red gold iron Mans.

i'm glad mine only had minor wear on the knee area, other than that I've seen some with major paint chip on the head, elbow, and knee.

probably about half (625)give or take

I understand that the statue lights up and is a repainted version of the first Iron Man comiquette.

I just don't understand the appeal (ie. the popularity of this piece). I mean putting the upcoming movie to the side, how many of those people do you think are actually into Iron Man...

The original didn't go for 18K, one created in that scheme with lights that is an ES of 2 went for 18K. You won't see an original Iron Man go for anywhere near that. I like Iron Man and would have like to have an original piece but the secondary pricing always kept it slightly out of reach sort of like the Sideshow Excl Doom. This was a cool piece and a chance to have an Iron Man in my collection, nothing more. :D

I'd say less than 1/4. This event was seen as an investment opportunity by most after seeing the original go for 18K.

Why so negative??
I appreciate you didnt get one and are frustrated but enough already. Who knows how many were bought for re-sale or collection. We won't really know that until we see what happens on eBay.
There have been a lot of people on this board alone wanting an IM for the longest time, who's to say the majority of sales didn't go to them and the other boards??
At the end of the day anybody sat at their computer at the allocated time and wanted one, tried to get one. Some people got it, good on them, some people didnt, thats unfortunate but its the way it goes.
What do you expect Sideshow to do make and ES of 6billion, just incase every person on the planet wants one??
Its unfortunate that people lose out but thats the way it goes with ANY item thats released with the hype this item has received. You or the next person on the computer had an equal chance of getting it.
:cool:

p.s. This Play.com offer may not even go through, look what happened at forbidden planet, and if it does, then about time.
Do you realise how difficult and expensive it is to get Sideshow items here?
It's about time we had some luck with these things.
:D

Last edited:
There are 13 of them on Ebay right now. Roughly 10% went immediately there and the item isn't even in hand yet. Sideshow should just take their exclusives and put them directly on ebay.:D

Back