Petition to increase Stealth Iron Man edition size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first I thought that most people would hate the petition proposed in this thread. But it is turning out to be a more popular idea than I had anticipated!

I didn't even get one and I'm not too upset about the Edition size!!! In fact I wish SS would lower editionsizes all around! ;)

I didn't even get one and I'm not too upset about the Edition size!!! In fact I wish SS would lower editionsizes all around! ;)

I'm sure a lot of us would too but why would they when they can sell this many SIM's in such a short time?

I wish the light up feature was for those who attended sdcc. i am sure the non light up would have been flipped all the same.

wish ES was lower.

if so i'd be THIS happy!!

1186698014492.gif

Last edited:
Yes, please water down the market with a higher ES.

As it is 300 US is a lot of money for some of us. To those who don't plan on selling it, but may in the future for whatever reason... ie: Wanting to get out of the hobby, get out of a financial rut, don't have the room for it, or plain just don't want it anymore would find it hard to break even on it. In my opinion a statue not only has to look aesthetically breath taking, but also has to at the very least, hold its value. It's not like it's a piece of furniture or television set that you can use or a gaming console you can play with. It's like art. If you were to up what already is an inflated ES, the combined total of Iron Man statues that use this sculpt (2,500), you'll see this thing sell for next to nothing on the secondary market. Now I am not suggesting that you should collect for the purpose to make money off of the hobby, but it would be nice knowing that on that rainy day you could make your money back. Or if not, have the peace of mind that you just bought into something that is worth what you paid for. I am one of those who plan on holding onto a lot of my nicer pieces. I have yet to flip an item.

So I say in a very commanding tone, (toned down for the general audience) "FRICK NO to a larger ES!"

I'm sure a lot of us would too but why would they when they can sell this many SIM's in such a short time?

Don't forget how many they already had already sold at SDCC would have been subtracted from the ES, so they didn't sell the entire ES of them online in 7-8 minutes either.

It's threads like these that make me glad I flip **** to you whiny *****es.:rotfl

We all know they've increased edition sizes before. No better circumstances than this occasion. They were being pre-sold at SDCC, the charity auction hype increased demand, it's already being successfully pre-sold by the flippers on ebay, and we only had an 8 minute ordering window on a bogged server. Let's try to get the edition size up to at least 2000. Please contact Sideshow and encourage an edition size increase so that many of us that unsuccessfully pursued the priority pre-order this morning have some chance of getting our wait list spots filled. Thanks! :family

yep I agree go on the wait list cause they won't up it

ES was set fair and square, them is the breaks if you miss out. I did. Waitlist for me. No complaints.

As an aside, with Marvel clearly being the most popular sideshow line, i wonder if sideshow will consider applying a similar special PPO period as with the Darth Maul PF, for future releases. This would allow a 1-hour PPO window for those who have previously purchased from the Marvel line direct from sideshow, before opening to newsletter subscribers.

It's possible i suppose.

yep I agree go on the wait list cause they won't up it

yep I agree....sorry to those who missed out, but def get on the waitlist. I got on the waitlist for the original IM exclusive about 3 months after it sold out and I still got one.....

Up it? seriously?

1250 is a larger edition size than the regular Iron Man. It's already way higher than what Sideshow was kinda saying at Comic Con. Put yourself on the waitlist and stop whining. I bet there's a 99.9 chance of the waitlist being converted into an order once this thing starts shipping.

NO !

Go on the wait list :cool:

In this case, I will create topic for increase edition size of all sold out sideshow statue, come on guys, is not serious...

1250 ex is already to big, superior at the regular edition, so no way to increase this edition size, already too big for lot of people

Back