Petition for Johnny #5 from Short Circuit!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen Short Circuit in years. Was a great movie for its time. It would be cool to see Johnny 5 made in 1/6 scale by Sideshow or Hot Toys.

I remember in the movie at the beginning when the salesman has all the little johnny 5's, I always wanted one. So yea I'd buy it.

I think SSC should open up like a Nostalgia line, where they create obscure icons from today's Pop Culture. I mean...who wouldn't want a Sloth PF from the Goonies! :rock

Obviously, they would have to keep the run low to avoid over stock, meaning they would probably cost a fortune. :lol

But theres a lot of collectors like me, that prefer the obscure over the over hyped. :lecture

Who knows....maybe I'll make a thread in the Suggestions Section. :huh

I would love one in 1/6... will it ever happen; prolly not. But I never expected anyone would make half the custom figures that seem to pop up nowadays.

I think only Hot Toys could bring us this very intricately designed robot in 1/6th at the moment.

howdy,

I've had this figure for over a month already and can assure anyone that it's awesome. not tacky in the slightest. of course, it's not screen accurate but that's nothing a few paint and stickers can't correct. Here is mine, standing roughly over 13" tall and fully articulated down to the movable rubber treads.

2w30swy.jpg

No offense buddy but it looks like rubbish. My brother and I made a johnny 5 out of Lego when we were kids and it looked better than this.

johnny 5's beating was one of my childhood's saddest memories.
right up there with ET dying.

No offense buddy but it looks like rubbish. My brother and I made a johnny 5 out of Lego when we were kids and it looked better than this.

It's all good no offense taken. I'm definitely very happy with this figure. its made hollow and comes with a battery compartment for installing a motor for the treads and enough space to add a chip/leds to it. def a good foundation to work off of. cheers!

Sorry mate. Came off as a bit harsh this morning. Could have worded it a bit better. Its crap when someone pisses on your bonfire. I've had mates come over and look at my collection and make comments about certain figures I'm very happy with and thought 'what a bastard'.

I'm sure with a bit of work it could look great.

Ha, what a classic, I loved this film when I was a kid, not seen it in years now though, I wonder what I would think of it now but yeah I wouldn't say no to a Johnny 5. I bet a lot of people thought we would never see Mars Attack Martians but we did so never say never, some one mentioned E.T earlier, now that would be a pretty awesome figure to :)

I've had mates come over and look at my collection and make comments about certain figures I'm very happy with and thought 'what a bastard'.

:lol Haha , I know exactly what you mean there.
I've got a few mates who think most of my stuff is a load of crap and half the time when they've commented I've wanted to go crazy at them and scream things like " but look at the detail ! ". :rotfl
Some people just don't understand this hobby I suppose.

The guys who think mcfarlane stuff looks better than hot toys get under my skin too. :lecture:monkey3

:lol Haha , I know exactly what you mean there.
I've got a few mates who think most of my stuff is a load of crap and half the time when they've commented I've wanted to go crazy at them and scream things like " but look at the detail ! ". :rotfl
Some people just don't understand this hobby I suppose.

The guys who think mcfarlane stuff looks better than hot toys get under my skin too. :lecture:monkey3

Your not wrong :lol.Most of the people I know dont understand why I spend so much time (and money) collecting this stuff,My gf cant even understand you I'd want most of these figures,but thats understandable shes a chick and I dont expect her to understand.My mum give me grief for spend so much money on this hobby and cant understand but at the same time collects crappy porcelain figures of Victorian era women :slap

I was thinking of getting one for my collection loved those movies as a kid

Back