PCS Halloween License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of the day, statues of any price/caliber are going to get criticized by the 'truer' fan. Not for trolling purposes, but for sheer love for the IP. Take ECC's Jason and Freddy 1:3 statues for example, Jason was immediately criticized upon his debut, when fans of Jason called it out for being too lean in posture. So ECC have since bulked him up and he looks amazing and has sold out in most places. Same with Freddy being criticized for having a portrait that looks nothing like Robert Englund. That is a more serious issue, that ECC have yet to rectify, and it has shown in it's sales, as it's still up for preorder most places I look. Same applies to Myers, the 'truer' fan has complaints against this product; primarily the mask. Take of that what you will, but the sculpt is inaccurate to the truer fan of the original movie. And to the sculptor of the mask trolling users with pictures, if all you wanted to accomplish in your work was an inaccurate mask sculpt that a 7-inch figure in the 90s produced better, to buyers layman enough to be happy with the purchase, then I guess you succeeded in that.

I really like the piece and I ordered it as soon as it went up for preorder. I’m not a “die hard” fan of the Halloween movies, but I do enjoy them and my collection of statues in my media room is from a variety of different movies and genres that I’ve enjoyed growing up and watching over the years. They include all types of scales from small to large. What I look for in a piece is that it must capture and represent to me the character from a film and I personally feel that this piece captures the character of Michael very well. I was on the fence when the piece was first presented...but after the rework on the mask, it made my decision easy. Great job to all who worked on this piece. I can’t wait to add it to my shelf!

Only the truest truer fans would know everything about a mask. None of US the truiest truer fans would ever stoop THIS low no thank you I’ll stick with my HCG one they got it right

View attachment 408143

View attachment 408144

Okay, here is an actual mask, now tell me how this looks alike, and I won't say a word?

Okay, I see your point. They still have made a great attempt and we won't know what people are getting until they show pics of in house pieces. PCS may still tweak it a bit. I think they could tweak the eye slits to be more accurate based on this pic. It's still a great piece and maybe they're still working on everything. We shall see! I want them to make a Jason part 3 and Freddy if they can. If Myers is a hit, maybe they will... give them a chance to tweak and make things perfect. I'm sure they're hearing all the feedback on Facebook

Okay, I see your point. They still have made a great attempt and we won't know what people are getting until they show pics of in house pieces. PCS may still tweak it a bit. I think they could tweak the eye slits to be more accurate based on this pic. It's still a great piece and maybe they're still working on everything. We shall see! I want them to make a Jason part 3 and Freddy if they can. If Myers is a hit, maybe they will... give them a chance to tweak and make things perfect. I'm sure they're hearing all the feedback on Facebook

I wasn't trying to piss people off lol! But some take it that way. Growing up with this iconic villain I would want it to be perfect that's all. Let pple think whatever about me they don't know me and I don't know them. So, I would never call anyone names or put pictures of bullying. Some pple on here are bullies its kind of reverse bullying. If some one doesn't like a sculpt and mentions that and shows why, then others who like it start trolling him. It is crazy, Anyways, no worries. But you are right I hope the final product is better.

I made my point about the sculpt that was all I was trying to do. To the ones that get angry this is what this post is for to have an opinion of the piece and to point it out. Mistermark, you were the only one who can have a conversation with out resorting to acting out. I thank you for that and I really do hope they can get it right, it shouldn't be that hard to be okay here is the mask let us duplicated it or reference it. Anyways, everyone just chill out. Thanks again for acting like an adult Mistermark, but to others calling me a troll over my opinion is just stupid. I didn't call anyone names, I didn't lash out. I just pointed out what I had a problem with about the sculpt. Either way, as I stated before I do hope that the final piece is killer and they knock it out of the park!

At the end of the day, statues of any price/caliber are going to get criticized by the 'truer' fan. Not for trolling purposes, but for sheer love for the IP. Take ECC's Jason and Freddy 1:3 statues for example, Jason was immediately criticized upon his debut, when fans of Jason called it out for being too lean in posture. So ECC have since bulked him up and he looks amazing and has sold out in most places. Same with Freddy being criticized for having a portrait that looks nothing like Robert Englund. That is a more serious issue, that ECC have yet to rectify, and it has shown in it's sales, as it's still up for preorder most places I look. Same applies to Myers, the 'truer' fan has complaints against this product; primarily the mask. Take of that what you will, but the sculpt is inaccurate to the truer fan of the original movie. And to the sculptor of the mask trolling users with pictures, if all you wanted to accomplish in your work was an inaccurate mask sculpt that a 7-inch figure in the 90s produced better, to buyers layman enough to be happy with the purchase, then I guess you succeeded in that.

I wasn't trolling anyone buddy, I was pointing out the inaccuracies of the PCS mask, to a one customs mask, and then a real myer 78 mask. Idk why this word trolling is being used. Again, I never called anyone names never did anything like that or language. All I did was point out the inaccuracies and got pple getting upset and posting pics of trolls, basically calling me a troll. Why? Because I have an opinion? Because the mask looks off. I swear like I said before it is bullying the other person who goes against the grain. For the the third and last time pple my point was as a hardcore fan who grew up with this movie, I can not drop a g on a mask that isn't on point. That was my point then showing where the inaccuracies are. So, let me ask the ones hating on me or calling me out, what should I have done? Like I said many times it is a discussion board I thought that this was what fans do on these forums. Hell, I might be doing you all a favor, PCS sees this maybe they will rework the mask and get it accurate who knows. Either, way can we please just try and treat each other with respect. I will so I hope you all can too. Thank you! Peace

Only the truest truer fans would know everything about a mask. None of US the truiest truer fans would ever stoop THIS low no thank you I’ll stick with my HCG one they got it right

HCG got it wrong for 349 dollars, PCS got it wrong for 999.. whoever likes the statue thats great for them i hope they enjoy it. but anyone that says they done a good job on it is just wrong, i am sure all of this piece was not to hard to sculpt for those pros, the stairs, the body, the pumpkin all that would be handy enough to do for them, the only thing that was a challenge was the mask and the pictures show just how bad the mask is compared to what it should look like,anyone that says they done a good job are just wrong. they has one thing to do, 1 thing to get right and they got wrong by a long shot. if your not really a halloween fan but you like collecting statues then i am sure you will be happy with him as you wont even know the mask is wrong to begin with. if your a fan of the franchise there is no way you can look at this and say they done a good job, 999 dollars for a bad job. there is no good michael myers statues just 2 bad ones

I was kidding. I’m a fan of the movie and I think it looks awesome and I am not “wrong”. Is everything in your collection 100% dead on perfect likeness? No it’s not, I think people are justifying that they “hate” it because they can’t afford it....

HCG got it wrong for 349 dollars, PCS got it wrong for 999.. whoever likes the statue thats great for them i hope they enjoy it. but anyone that says they done a good job on it is just wrong, i am sure all of this piece was not to hard to sculpt for those pros, the stairs, the body, the pumpkin all that would be handy enough to do for them, the only thing that was a challenge was the mask and the pictures show just how bad the mask is compared to what it should look like,anyone that says they done a good job are just wrong. they has one thing to do, 1 thing to get right and they got wrong by a long shot. if your not really a halloween fan but you like collecting statues then i am sure you will be happy with him as you wont even know the mask is wrong to begin with. if your a fan of the franchise there is no way you can look at this and say they done a good job, 999 dollars for a bad job. there is no good michael myers statues just 2 bad ones

My God someone who can actually see what I see lol thank you!

I was kidding. I’m a fan of the movie and I think it looks awesome and I am not “wrong”. Is everything in your collection 100% dead on perfect likeness? No it’s not, I think people are justifying that they “hate” it because they can’t afford it....

I could afford it as I stated, Idk if your talking about me but in my collection is pretty accurate so ya. Those that were not accurate I sold. Plus that mask isn't that hard to get right. No need to make assumptions on pple because they see the flaws, I mean why are you trying to justify it I don't get it? I never wanted to argue with pple it is stupid and not why I am here. I was like you excited but to try and justify this is an awesome statue that looks great I would have to disagree. I was waiting a while for this. Again, a guy I buy from a lot is making one and I bet that will be accurate he even told me as well this is off. Anyways, you saying it looks awesome and I am not wrong! Whatever buddy I showed pics not my bad if you can't see it or blinded because their are only two myers. No disrespect I wish you well, but any one can see what is wrong with it. Proof is in the pics. But if it comes out different and PCS sees this post and changes it and makes it accurate then damn lol! Anyways, peace!

I just ordered it, i cant wait! Plus I had over $90 in credits with Sideshow so that took a little bit of money off the top.

Guys... it says on PCS Instagram that the close up shot of his face is a work in progress sculpt. Even though the sculpt looks good, they have time to make it AMAZING. I'm sure they'll tweak it to be as accurate as a 3D sculpt will allow. Congrats to those who snagged one. If he looks great keep him, and those who aren't happy they have a 30 day refund policy. I'm sure they'll get this right. The market is super competitive these days and they want happy customers. So far, so good

You know what I just thought of, those that got the ex if the mask still is off when it ships you get the ghost sheet to cover it lol! Bad joke I know. Thought I would lighten up the mood lol! Peace! You know I loved the original mask they went with looks like h20 why didn't they stick with that, it looked pretty bad ass!

You know what I just thought of, those that got the ex if the mask still is off when it ships you get the ghost sheet to cover it lol! Bad joke I know. Thought I would lighten up the mood lol! Peace! You know I loved the original mask they went with looks like h20 why didn't they stick with that, it looked pretty bad ass!

It's Halloween 1 though. They need to get the mask sculpt as close to Halloween '78 as they can get it. I trust that they will and I REALLY look forward to seeing how it turns out. They'll take a big loss if they don't get it right. The second tweaked mask looks great. The next tweak could be incredible. I have faith... lets see what PCS comes up with. It's cool to know it's just a work in progress :)

I am fine with my hcg one.

I just have very high standards.

These 2 lines contradict themselves. The reworked PCS mask while not perfect is miles better than that HCG thing.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 108
I dont know what piece has that mask but it is horrible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back