Parting Words

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedfreak

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I guess this is it. For any that may not know, I am going away for two years on a mission for my church. I am going to the Canada Vancouver mission which covers most of British Columbia.I will go out there and give of myself as much as I possibly can in help people in any possible way they will allow me to. I know that many may not agree with me on things, but that is why respect is so important among us all. Come this Sunday, I will be set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and will be known as Elder Mather.I will be actually leaving on the 24'th. And from that time on, will only have email access. And so that will mean I will only have certain internet privileges such as email access, and talking on messenger(hence why I am posting this now). There won't be any net surfing for me. There will be rules that I will have to live and abide by being a missionary. I would like to thank all of you for making this board such a fun place to be. This is my favourite website to be on. There is no better place to come to if I wanna have a good laugh, or if I wanna talk about anything collecting wise, or pretty much anything else. I have made some wonderful friends here, you all know who you are. You are all just such nice people and what a pleasure it is to enjoy the hobby of collecting with you all. Without all of you, this hobby wouldn't be nearly as fun. And a big shout out to everyone at SS who are involved in bringing us all our favourite collectables. I will miss being on this board, and communing with all of you.

I wish all of you the best in the next 2 years to come. May your lives be filled with happiness, and lots of collecting, too. You can all guarantee that I will be quick to get back into the collecting when I get back. For me, it's more of a passion then a hobby, and that is something that I think we can all say. For many of us, our collections are our pride and joy, and rightly so. Some collections have had a lot of time and effort put into them, display wise. I have seen some of the most impressive collections on this board. And we all put lots of money into it which counts for something.

Should any of you wish to keep in touch with me while I am gone, feel free to email me with your board name and whatever else to [email protected]
I will then give you the email address that I will be using while I am gone.

And now, I bid you all a very fond farewell!

Yours truly,

Tyler Mather

Last edited:
Best of luck to you Tyler, I've gotten to know you pretty well over the last couple of months, I know a great guy like yourself will be missed, by me and the rest of the Freaks. I will keep in touch via email, good luck!!! :rock

Keep in touch Tyler. We'll all still be here when you get back... (well, P!TU may still be here... he may have driven off most of us by the time you get back)...

My advice:

Keep a level head and a wide perspective. Never argue about anything thats not essential with your companion. Respect the beliefs of others-it is their prerogative to give you an audience. Love your companion (even if he is a really annoying jerk). Lose yourself in the service of others and you will find out just who you are.

Have an awesome experience...

ps Monopoly on the night before Preparation Day is the most awesome thing.
:D

Rock out Elder Mather (as they would say in the Philippines) :rock

Good luck Tyler!! My best wishes go with you as you embark on this new adventure. :)

Very cool Elder. There is probably only a few members here who really understand just what you are doing, and I wish you the best of luck! I hope someone keeps you informed on all the collectible news. That is one of the things I know that would be hard for me since I'd know nothing and than have to play two years of catch up or have a close friend or family member help out somehow.

Anyway, congradulations once again!

Congrats and good luck! :rock

Hopefully P!tu won't drive all of us away by the time you get back.

I just don't know what to say here. It is late I am drunk and who knows what will come out. Sorry! Anyways congrats on the mission.... I will leave it at that. You are doing a good thing that I will agree with you on! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Back