Palpatine 2 Pack Experiment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:emperor:emperor:emperor

Just got them this morning!!! Will take them out later but so far they look awwwwwwwwsoooooome!!!!!:D:rock

Mine arrived February 2, 2008 at 4:06 p.m. Sorry I didn't post this sooner, I was wrapped up in the glory that is Palpatine/Sidious. I've decided to display them with Palpatine and Sidious standing on either side of the holographic Darth Sidious on his mechno-chair; Palpatine posed on the left and Sidious on the right, with Maul standing on the other side of Palpatine, and Vader (Sith eyes Anakin) on the other side of Darth Sidious. Just in front of the mechno-chair I have the exclusive statue, since I thought it was an excellent accent to the Sith motif. I'll have to take pictures at some point, I must say it has made for a nice display.

DAMN!!!

The EU warehouse is now closed...I guess I'll be waiting till next week to hear ANYTHING and another week for him to get here...

But, the good news is that it's a stock check, so maybe they'll dig up some nice rare items for us...

*Crosses fingers for Nazi Kroenen* (Yeah, I know it'll never happen...)

WHEN I finally get these, I intend to display them as such:

sith.jpg

Well, I couldn't find the other pic, but it's that pose when he first turns on his lightsaber after saying "Are you threatening me master Jedi?"

Another thought...wouldn't it have been cool if the exclusive statue could come apart and store a lightsaber inside?

Palpy_saber24.jpg

Change my crying monkey to this--- :D
They just arrived and I planned my break from work perfectly as I was home just in time to greet the Fed-Ex truck. (Hannibal) I love it when a plan comes together.

Make that two more weeks...

Dear Valued Collector,

Our European warehouse has recently made preparations to take physical inventory and have notified us that they were unable to ship your order before they closed. Unfortunately we were required to cancel the order on file with them, issue a refund to your credit card and then re-book the order. We are unable to have pending processed orders in the system as they will cause inaccuracies with the inventory totals.

Your new order number is ******* and it should be visible in your online account within the next 24 hours.

Due to the inconvenience of this procedure and the delay it has caused, we have discounted your order by $15.00. Your refund should be visible in your bank account within the next 5 days and we will be re-processing your order on Thursday, February 21st. Please expect your credit card to be charged on that date.

*Please note that your original order’s status will be left as “Shipped” so that you gain Rewards Points for your purchase. Rest assured that any items you have already received from your original order have not been re-booked.

If you would like to make any adjustments to your order or if you would like to cancel it; please respond directly to this email and we will be glad to assist you!

Best Regards,

Sideshow Collectibles’ EU Department

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Arrived this morning! :D

That stinks for the EU buyers. 'Oh, sorry, by the way, you're waiting *two more weeks*. Oops.' The credit is a nice touch, at least.

Sorry to Necropost, but I'm still waiting for this...I ordered 3 minutes in as well...

I'm majorly annoyed...but I do get double reward points for having to wait so long, and having my order reprocessed...

I contacted Sideshow...no reply yet...

Sorry to Necropost, but I'm still waiting for this...I ordered 3 minutes in as well...

I'm majorly annoyed...but I do get double reward points for having to wait so long, and having my order reprocessed...

I contacted Sideshow...no reply yet...

Well your location does say "unknown". Maybe Sideshow does not know where to send your figures? :confused::lol:monkey3

UPDATE!

They FINALLY Arrived...it was worth what I paid, especially with the discount...I believe I'm the last...correct?

Congratulations, Blackhole. Yes, it is a great set.

On a sidenote: I had to send my set back because the paint apps on the Palpatine figure were a bit sub-par...the hairline on the right side went about an 1/8 inch onto his forehead and looked too distracting...my eyes just went right to it every time I looked at the figure.

Well, the replacement is here!

And....I'm so glad I sent it back. The new set is perfect...both figures have steller paint apps, the box was double-packed and arrived in better shape than the one I sent back! I'm very pleased. Seems that as I look back on this whole return process, the only nit was the time lag in getting it started (hearing back from the returns department to start the process)...that part took a month (and three separate phone calls), but once the set was shipped back, I got timely emails keeping me up on what was happening.

And now the duo is back...and looking great! Sideshow's star is shining brighter than ever in my book...it's a great reminder that this is a company that will go that extra step to provide this kind of back-up and support for their product and to make sure the end result is a satisfying one...bravo, Sideshow!

The one problem I have is the amount of futzing Sidious needs to make him look good...but when I got it...It looks great...

Back