Paitient Zero Premium Format!?!?!?!?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I had mine at Buy-it-Now for $805 and it didn't sell. I am going to wait to relist mine until I have my ES number and have it in-hand; I might even wait a few months for other people to sell theirs off or to see if a new Dead PF will be announced at SDCC.

There is an Italian guy begging me to sell it to him for $825 SHIPPED, but I think I am just going to wait.

No, I had mine at Buy-it-Now for $805 and it didn't sell. I am going to wait to relist mine until I have my ES number and have it in-hand; I might even wait a few months for other people to sell theirs off or to see if a new Dead PF will be announced at SDCC.

That is for sure the way to go. I plan on keeping my extra until next year, possibly even trading it for another DEAD PF if they have another low ES ex. and I miss out.

My guess is 674.00. Ended.

I say $750 easy...I had 14+ offers on mine and most were in the $725-750 range. If people get into a bidding frenzy on this... There were also several foreign offers for more, but they all wanted to do it outside eBay to "save me fees" and I wasn't comfortable with that. No way I am selling this outside of eBay unless it is from this board and the person has feedback.

BTW, grilling burgers when it is 104.6 out is not fun.

You should always include it in your auction description, and manually cancel the bids. In a situation like this auction, that is what I would do.

This is the only way to block 0 feedback bidders, right?
"Are currently winning or have bought 1 of my items in the last 10 days.
- Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 0 or lower. "

correct.

Last edited:
See, this confuses the hell out of me. Why did so many people offer me more through messages and then this end lower? Heck, even this guys international shipping quotes were lower than mine.

See, this confuses the hell out of me. Why did so many people offer me more through messages and then this end lower? Heck, even this guys international shipping quotes were lower than mine.

Ebay is a fickle place sometimes. Alot of buyers do not even partake in auction style listings. Alot of buyers do not use a service to "snipe", therefore they might not be home to bid or forgot to bid. Some people will not bid in advance anymore, they want instant gratification on a purchase. There are many variables, nothing is ever for certain in the ebay world. Though IMO, ebay is a great place atm to grab some good deals, if they would only bring back 30% cashback.:wacky

They have BEEN going for close to the $700 mark. Check completed listings.

Please read, "again". I am all too aware of the current values and completed auctions. That is why I said, please read next time. "I" do not think we will see one of these going for this cheap "again". That statement was meant to include past sales.

webstor for you.. again:: another time : once more

capiche?

They have BEEN going for close to the $700 mark. Check completed listings.

How many have sold on eBay now? 6? There are 40 of us who have them preordered and not on waitlist, so I am assuming there are roughly 50 left out there to possibly show up on eBay.

I know the range for these has been around $700ish (although I think the first one sold for $830 (?)), and there could be more "cheap ones" once the fast-flippers list theirs, but as that "50 out there mark" lowers, this thing is going to skyrocket. ESPECIALLY if we see another Dead PF at SDCC. :peace

Last edited:
I didn't mean to come of as a prick in my last post, but maybe it read like it, whatever.

If you have been watching things from the start, and watch trends and such, you might get a feel for the way the market works, or doesn't sometimes. This is just my take, and I have been wrong before.

Look at the last completed auctions, you will see the values that this piece has sold for. There were a couple high ones that went because people were panicked they might miss out and have to pay an even larger premium down the road. Then came a couple flippers that put them up, got a decent chunk around 700ish. Now we have a legit auction that has set in around the same amount.

You have to consider the fact that most of these are going into collectors hands, and unless the price is "really" right, they will not part with them. It is even possible that after collectors get them in hand, they do not feel the value and sell them at the current rate. In "My" opinion, as these auctions from they scalpers roll off, you will expect to pay even more of a premium price for these.

So IMO, I do not see a Patient Zero PF EX. going for less then what todays auction went for heading into future sales on ebay.

Does it matter, No, I am happy to get mine if it would only sell for 199.00. But I do watch trends, as that is part of the hobby for some people including myself. And it is also fun to speculate. It is also sweeter because I have two coming. :naughty

I didn't mean to come of as a prick in my last post, but maybe it read like it, whatever.

If you have been watching things from the start, and watch trends and such, you might get a feel for the way the market works, or doesn't sometimes. This is just my take, and I have been wrong before.

Look at the last completed auctions, you will see the values that this piece has sold for. There were a couple high ones that went because people were panicked they might miss out and have to pay an even larger premium down the road. Then came a couple flippers that put them up, got a decent chunk around 700ish. Now we have a legit auction that has set in around the same amount.

You have to consider the fact that most of these are going into collectors hands, and unless the price is "really" right, they will not part with them. It is even possible that after collectors get them in hand, they do not feel the value and sell them at the current rate. In "My" opinion, as these auctions from they scalpers roll off, you will expect to pay even more of a premium price for these.

So IMO, I do not see a Patient Zero PF EX. going for less then what todays auction went for heading into future sales on ebay.

Does it matter, No, I am happy to get mine if it would only sell for 199.00. But I do watch trends, as that is part of the hobby for some people including myself. And it is also fun to speculate. It is also sweeter because I have two coming. :naughty

You are a prick. :lol Now go have a beer or take whatever med you're on and chill out.

And btw- save the market analysis lecture for someone who has never bought/sold/speculated on ebay. These are just statues. Try dabbling in sports cards/memorabilia.

"Capiche"?

The more I think about it, we might see more at that price or even less once the initial batch hits the market and those who want a quick sell sell them at whatever they can get. ABN obviously knows his stuff and, if he is patient, he could very likely score a deal. I think Jake got one for super cheap just by constantly watching.

Try dabbling in sports cards/memorabilia.

Hey, I have a complete folder of pristine Mark McGwire cards (including his 1985 USA Rookie card) that I just KNEW was going to be my retirement back when I was in 6th grade! :lol I think I still have a huge cardboard box filled with baseball cards from the mid-late 80's still at my mother's in Texas and I have no clue what is even in there.

Cheers :duff

Back