Paging DouglasMcC... Mr. DouglasMcC.. part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he finally came through......1 month and 10 days later I have my Bib Fortuna statue to go with my Jabba. I'll admit I was nervous but it's finally over and I will NEVER trade with Douglas again.

The list of excuses he has used to explain away his delays have been ridiculous. It is "possible" that some of them were legit but I really doubt they all were. If you have things coming up in your life, like the change of address or internet provider or any other reason, you shouldn't be entering into trades if you can't commit to completely fulfilling them in a responsibly timely manner.

I am not saying nobody should ever trade with him but with his record, the only way I'd trade with him again is if he promised to send first, and I wouldn't even put the item on hold for him till I had his part in my hand.

One thing that kind of hurt me is that not everybody who had a bad experience with him posted about it. I also messed up by not even looking for his feedback. Even the little he has would have raised a red flag for me. I am too trusting when it comes to trading with people on the boards. Specially with someone who I see post often. I just assume they wouldn't dare stiff a fellow member of a board they frequent so much.

Well lesson learned.

I will have a thread on each of the sites he frequents making sure other members are aware of how he does deals.

Well, he finally came through......1 month and 10 days later I have my Bib Fortuna statue to go with my Jabba. I'll admit I was nervous but it's finally over and I will NEVER trade with Douglas again.

The list of excuses he has used to explain away his delays have been ridiculous. It is "possible" that some of them were legit but I really doubt they all were. If you have things coming up in your life, like the change of address or internet provider or any other reason, you shouldn't be entering into trades if you can't commit to completely fulfilling them in a responsibly timely manner.

I am not saying nobody should ever trade with him but with his record, the only way I'd trade with him again is if he promised to send first, and I wouldn't even put the item on hold for him till I had his part in my hand.

One thing that kind of hurt me is that not everybody who had a bad experience with him posted about it. I also messed up by not even looking for his feedback. Even the little he has would have raised a red flag for me. I am too trusting when it comes to trading with people on the boards. Specially with someone who I see post often. I just assume they wouldn't dare stiff a fellow member of a board they frequent so much.

Well lesson learned.

I will have a thread on each of the sites he frequents making sure other members are aware of how he does deals.
Glad he finally came through for you, Gundam. And personally, I think it's very wise decision of you to not trade with him ever again.

And I completely agree with the last sentence in your 4th paragraph, infact, that's pretty much how I felt when I was going to buy from him, I'm just lucky that I didn't have the $$$ to go through with it at the time.

Glad you got your stuff Gundam. Here is hoping everyone else has a similar resolution.

Don't forget to leave feedback if you haven't already.

I wonder if he's ever going to start posting here again, as if nothing ever happened.

I wonder if he's ever going to start posting here again, as if nothing ever happened.

Probably when this thread dies down and when he thinks people have forgotten about it, is my best bet.

I know. I won't let it die until this is resolved. So he will have me to contend with.

And Gundam, I feel bad that I didn't report him earlier. I just felt as you did, that he was a long time member and I honestly couldn't believe that he was out to scam me or anything. I know what's it's like to have life give you the shaft at times, and I really believed that was the case with Doug.

But I should have let someone know.

Well he has a BIG RED WARNING on his feedback now. Hopefully people check others feedback before making deals.

Well, I just checked his profile, and he did have some activity yesterday, so he must be lurking around here.

Has anyone else received any of their things from him?

I'm not sure if he realizes that playing dumb works against his best interests.

Let's not forget according to Dougy, browsing this forum on dial up is "impossible" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

FYI, according to his account Douglass has apparently logged into the boards as recently as 2 days ago: 5-13-08.

This happened to me too... I shipped Doug two figures in exchange for an Aragorn and a few Buffy figs...

First he said he was going to be delayed, and so I waited. For a long time. I contacted him a few months later and asked about it. He said he shipped it all months earlier...

I said I didn't get anything, so he said he would send me his extra Aragorn and call it even. I agreed. I have since waited another couple of months... nothing.

I just let it go. I lost out 2 figures, but I just assumed he was hitting hard times or something....

Any update here DA?

I think enough time has passed (and then some) for Douglas to have shown his true colors. He could have made things right, or even responded to these complaints but instead has continued to lurk, stay quiet and do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back