Orphan Black customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

Super Freak
Reaction score
I started "doodling" these a couple of months ago, waiting for this show to return to air for its fourth season (which started Thursday night, BBC America, 10PM Eastern Thursdays). It was a fast dozen sculpts, primarily because half of them are characters played by Tatiana Maslany. This was a good project to work on my skin texture and hair and painting skills. I still need to work on my photography though. :lol

The lot of them on my desktop:

xIMG_0824_zpsd7oezzad.jpg

Some blurry closeups:

It's a show about clones and the organizations that try to control them.

xIMG_0847_zpsevwmlafn.jpg

xIMG_0855_zps9uebtxg7.jpg

xIMG_0851_zpsnf8l2t5v.jpg

xIMG_0845_zpsc3ebltly.jpg

xIMG_0839_zpslbd7kdn8.jpg

Two kinds of Delphine, two kinds of Cosima

xIMG_0828_zpsgakd7ak9.jpg

xIMG_0835_zpsthuj2x3n.jpg

Sculpted with Super Sculpey, painted with Model Master Acrylics, mostly. Of course there are more characters, but I think I'm done for now. I'm looking for bodies now. I already have a HT slim for Felix and a regular HT for Art. I have a spare Dragon I can alter for Donnie. I need to find a bunch of non-busty female bodies, if anyone has any suggestions. Inexpensive is the main thing. This show has A LOT of female characters (yay). Maslany is like 5'3" while Evelyne Brochu and Maria Doyle Kennedy are 5'7". So yeah, suggestions for where to find good bodies welcome.

Also, anyone have any leads on lab coats, preferably for female bodies?

Binky

Nicely done love the show. Tatiana is amazing.

One question... Why did you sculpt the shoulders on the female sculpts if you are going to put the heads on bodies?

Thanks. I thought season 3 suffered from a bit of sophomore slump but hopefully they get back to form this season. Tatiana did an amazing job with Beth in the premiere Thursday night.

The heads are separate, end at the jaw like most female heads. I sculpted the neck and shoulders as a separate piece and cast resin copies just to prop the head up while I sculpted the hair. Then they came in handy to paint, then take pictures and then to line them up while I wait for bodies.

Series Finale is tomorrow! I pushed through the mediocre season 3 and resuscitation season 4 to get to season 5, which has been mostly good, I think. My progress with this project mirrored my interest level in the show TBH. But, after the last couple of weeks of scrambling, it's mostly done.

X_clone_club_10_rendered.jpg

I never did source enough useable female bodies, so I ended up cannibalizing some of my Buffy figures. It shows in how uneven the clones are. I wish I had more of the Triad bodies that I used for Cosima and Delphine. Instead, I ended up with a hodgepodge of Kumik (horrible, wouldn't bother with them again) and old Sideshow Buck bodies. The Kumik and Sideshow proportions are poor, particularly the size of the hands. The Sideshow's saving grace is it's the easiest neck post to use. Kumik is so proprietary it's almost unusable. Plus the hips - really, stay away. I ended up with them because they were the cheapest to acquire, with good reason. But on a show with a mostly female character list, there's not much choice without breaking the bank.

X_sestras_01.jpg

It was an eye opener as to how hard it is to bash female figures given the state of the hobby now. Not much changed since I slowed down customizing five years ago to just collect. There is good stuff out there, much better than what we used to have, but it is just so effin expensive, it's a little depressing.

Mrs. S' people

X_Ss_people.jpg

Cophine

X_cophine_06.jpg

Buddy cop and crook

X_buddy_cops_02.jpg

I might revisit this project again as I find time to improve the figures and supplement them with character props (I had planned on requisite lab coats and clone phones, at least).

Just stumbled across this thread, I'd love to see more pics if you have time to share.

Back