Original STEAMPUNK sculpture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chailleux

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Thought I'd try a sideline in steampunk related sculpture, would appreciate any feedback

EDIT: Mummified head (deleted)

Leonardo Da Vinci's Mechanical Insects (1502)
DV3f.jpg

DV1a.jpg

DV3d.jpg

Last edited:
WOW I totally love the look of the insects!!! Those are watch movements you used right? Have you thought of doing a small run of these insects?

WOW I totally love the look of the insects!!! Those are watch movements you used right? Have you thought of doing a small run of these insects?

ah thanks, yep small watch parts

I've done three so far, if there's interest, I'll keep making them :)

you can view all three here:
https://cabinetofmc.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm also thinking of steampunk fairy people with small weapons on the same theme

Haha oh my, your teddy bears are really disturbing!! :D But well executed nontheless ;)
Is there a way to build in a thin shield of glas or anything else so these lovely insects won't get dusty when displayed? That would be such a pity!

haha cheers, disturbing is the word

I was thinking any dust might actually help , I've tried to give them an antique look to make them look about 500 years old by adding green flecks to the metallic parts and staining them

Love the bugs and the detail on them.

Gotta be honest that the mummified head just looks like a bunch of random things from Michaels and a hardware store glued to a stand.

Love the bugs and the detail on them.

Gotta be honest that the mummified head just looks like a bunch of random things from Michaels and a hardware store glued to a stand.

I think you've got a point, I've took it off now, I think its a case of the bad work diluting the other stuff

Ok I see your point regarding the glass. Maybe I'll try my luck on insect 3 on ebay, as it is the style I like most :)

Cheers for the compliments. Going to add some more soon and some steampunk fairys

Back