Opinions on WETA Fellbeast and Witchking

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizerwannabe

An Evil Collector?
Reaction score
Was offered one, but never seen it in person. Any opinions on the quality and size of this piece? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I have had the chance to get one on more than a few occasions for a very low price -- never went for it. It is rather small, of course it fits in the mini-beast line well; but at that scale the ML looks downright bad. The Fellbeast sculpt is great, but a melted lump of ML on top ruined this one for me.

Wait for the Legendary Scale Fellbeast bust! :rock

This is one of my favorite pieces...I was lucky enough to get one with a decently established ML and war mask on it. The fellbeast alone was worth it for me!!!

I love mine. I thought this was what the diorama line would look like. But NOOOOOO.

customizerwannabe said:
Any opinions on the quality and size of this piece? Any opinions would be appreciated.

About 95% my collection is "bad guys", and at one point I had quite a few of these. My intention was always to keep one [with the best paint job] for my personal collection. While the sculpt itself is quite good I always thought it would have looked better without the tiny little ML on top. Though the paint job on all of mine was quite good [in quality], they were all purplish in color, something to this day I have never been able to figure out. Lastly, I just thought it was a little too small in scale, at least for me. Had it been one of SS $300 statues and more in line with the size of their other $300 pieces I would have preferred it alot more, and I would have kept one for myself. Just too much working against it for me to want to keep one....but if you don't mind the smallish scale or purplish color, it might be a nice addition to your collection.

Last edited:
It's one of my absolute top ten pieces. I'll never part from mine.

And the beasts were designed to look purple, which didn't read that well on film. Still, the paintjob is nothing short of exquisite, and the composition and sculpting is a MASTERPIECE. The size and the tiny WiKi don't bother me one bit.

I love, love, love this piece.

I wasn't bad it wasn't great. I used to have one but it wasn't very big and I didn't like the way the Witchking looked sitting on it. The Fellbeast wasn't bad looking but it was small. I tried to like it but in the end I just didn't.

I had two of them at one point and sold them both again.

The sculpt of the beast is great, but the size just didn't do it for me - I was disappointed when I first saw it in real life, somehow, I was imagining something bigger by looking at pictures.

Also, the Withcking is just too small to really look cool and the "seat" he sits on looks like... (thinks) ... a chair with cut off legs maybe? Or something of the like glued on the back of the Fellbeast. I don't remember how it was in the movies but I'd guess he either sat right on the Fellbeast's back or had a saddle of some kind, but certainly not a "chair" with a straigth backrest... :rolleyes:

Anyways, now that I have decided to complete the SSW statue line, I had to get one back into my collection, and displayed next to the Mini Balrog it doesn't look so out of place anymore. :cool:

GrueSam said:
I also love mine and would never let it go.

Looks downright wicked placed in front of Minus Morgul.
(Yes, Chuck, it's still there- Thanx! :lol)
Speaking of Minas Morgul, I still can't believe the aftermarket prices on that thing. I didn't even think it was really worth the $80.00, had it not come with the Elessar crown.

GrueSam said:
I also love mine and would never let it go.

Looks downright wicked placed in front of Minus Morgul.
(Yes, Chuck, it's still there- Thanx! :lol)

:rotfl :rock

I like mine a lot. It's smaller than expected, but a nice piece IMO.

I still can't belive that I got the Minas Morgul direct from sideshow just a month ago or so... at the original price...:D

Bannister said:
Speaking of Minas Morgul, I still can't believe the aftermarket prices on that thing. I didn't even think it was really worth the $80.00, had it not come with the Elessar crown.

Had mine up for sale on Ebay about 2 minutes after I opened the box for the 1st time! What a lousy paint job....worth $80?? Not a chance. I'd love to see the look on people's faces when they behold this thing for the 1st time after paying $200+ for it. Could be the next "priceless" Mastercard commercial.

It'll be the sort of look I think you're going to see an awful lot of ...when people see their Crack of Doom diorama for the 1st time.

Last edited:
Back