<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Robocop Diecast - OMG Photo Review <>

Wow so much soft plastic and so little diecast? Aside from questionable material choices he does look rather nice. I'm kind of sad the gun holster isn't spring loaded or more mechanical in its feature.

Wow- disappointed more of him isn't diecast....apparently the IM diecast have more metal in them..hmmmmm

Exactly.

What does it add to the figure? Nothing. I'm sort of happy that the majority of the figure is plastic, but if you're going to boast this thing is DIE CAST and part of a new series, then why is it just his bicep and calf? And again, why is the regular version $300? Robocop isn't as complex as Iron Man. This isn't really a complex doll like say, Zod. This is a plastic action figure with electronic sounds that NECA has done. Is it the holster? We've seen cheaper and more intricate spring loaded features on smaller, smaller mass produced toys.

I'm still getting this and the detail is amazing, but their choices in how they approach this stuff is questionable at best. Also, why the HELL do they keep on making that dark, tan, swarmy, skin tone for all their Caucasian figures? The prototype was nice and pale, just like Peter Weller and the final production piece is the typical skin tone found on pretty much every release.

Exactly WHAT IS THE POINT?? At $310 very little diecast...ughhhh it really irks me and lessens my impact of the figure being released. Interior of the leg/holster bracket is really really poor...Here I thought this would the ultimate diecast example from HT

Re: <<Black Widow TWS - OMG Photo Review>>

Avenger's sculpt never looked like scarlette much... too thin and the brows are too furrowed (something HT does wayy too much).

HT seriously needs to tone down on the angry brows. They did a great job on DX13... they finally relaxed Arnold's brows and now it looks very much like him (among other improvements).

Looks great. I'm not getting it, but congrats to those who are.

I agree with the comments about lack of diecast. Shouldn't cost what it does for so little.

Fantastic looking figure (though happy I didn't get the chair -- doesn't do a thing for me). Don't really care about the diecast percentage. If it's anything like my War Machine Mark II, I'll be happy.

Very nice pics! The lack of diecast parts is unnacceptable though. Like don't even put it on the box :lol

:exactly::goodpost:
This thing should be $50 bucks cheaper with how little diecast parts are in it.
Im guessing the sound effects makes up or the lack of diecast, so there able to put that 300$ price tag.

I'm pretty sure the percentage is the same as on their Iron Man figures and those feel quite substantial. They announced right at the beginning that the diecast would only be 20 - 30% in these figures as a whole. With the War Machine II, they used it to improve the strength of the joints and get more articulation, so in my books it was well done. At least it was used to actually improve something as opposed to just add weight.

Re: <<Black Widow TWS - OMG Photo Review>>

What's with the blank stare expressions? Expressive figures work best. Zod is a good example.

I'm pretty sure the percentage is the same as on their Iron Man figures and those feel quite substantial. They announced right at the beginning that the diecast would only be 20 - 30% in these figures as a whole. With the War Machine II, they used it to improve the strength of the joints and get more articulation, so in my books it was well done. At least it was used to actually improve something as opposed to just add weight.
Judging from the pictures this has more like 5% and nothing near Mark 42 or WMmk2

Wow- disappointed more of him isn't diecast....apparently the IM diecast have more metal in them..hmmmmm

I'm not sure what you mean? Nevertheless, the diecast ironmen do have more diecast content in them. Do I need to bring out the OMG diecast chart? The IM diecast figures have metal spread throughout the body, while robocop just has some in the arms and lower legs? I hope those shoulder joints are strong enough to hold up those chunks of metal for shoulders/biceps over time. If anything I'm even more disappointed HT used lots of soft PVC plastic or at least I hope its PVC and not rubber. I mean who makes the the entire forearms out of soft plastic? Just odd decisions on HT's part.

whats the deal with this pic??

RobocopHD225_zps6f30d92b.jpg

Diecast in purple.

That's ridiculous. Really it is. Pretty much have to echo what everyone else is saying, if it's so little why bother at all. Also, when you're talking about different materials is there a possibility that these parts will become a different colour from each other over time?

Also, when you're talking about different materials is there a possibility that these parts will become a different colour from each other over time?

Yup, had the same thoughts.

Might look really weird when this thing ages.

We don't know if maybe the joints or something aren't diecast, too. Honestly, it's like some of you just never get sick of complaining. Buy it or don't, FFS.

Can't wait til he's released and everyone is excited about how "hefty" the figure is and that it just "feels like better quality because of the weight". ;)

We don't know if maybe the joints or something aren't diecast, too. Honestly, it's like some of you just never get sick of complaining. Buy it or don't, FFS.
Its always the exact same cycle on these forums. People are happy upon the initial announcement, then the waiting starts and people start whining about how this or that isn't perfect, then the figure releases people get excited for a bit again but some still find something to complain about, finally those who keep their orders receive the figure and most wind up satisfied with their purchase.

Without people whining, these boards would be boring, Just look at pictures and move on? We need people to point out what they like and dislike so we could discuss and possible be heard and get it fixed.

Back