<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Robocop Diecast - OMG Photo Review <>

What a boring place this would be if nobody ever grumbled, speculated or complained.

The whole "don't like it, don't buy it" thing is so cliched at this point. :lol

What a boring place this would be if nobody ever grumbled, speculated or complained.

The whole "don't like it, don't buy it" thing is so cliched at this point. :lol

:lecture Could not of said it any better.

Just pointing out that it is sort of funny how it always goes that way. The first few pages of this thread people were happy now suddenly its like some aren't satisfied with it. Its a bit different leading up to a release or if there's a real problem with a release but as far as I can see this looks good. The lack of diecast is disappointing but aside from that it looks great.

Just pointing out that it is sort of funny how it always goes that way. The first few pages of this thread people were happy now suddenly its like some aren't satisfied with it. Its a bit different leading up to a release or if there's a real problem with a release but as far as I can see this looks good. The lack of diecast is disappointing but aside from that it looks great.
As far as i seen being posted people are actually satisfied how it looks just not happy how HT put a 300$ price tag for the lack of diecast. I myself am still getting it :)

Yeah, and nobody is really in an uproar about this figure. There's just a a few disappointments sprinkled here and there from materials to colors. I don't see any obnoxious rants or the like.

The reason moods change in these threads is because there are different perspectives. Some pics can make a product look great, people comment on that. Some pics make a product look bad, people comment about that. Someone could have loved the proto pics, hated the first in hand pics, but still feel completely satisfied with it in hand. It's normal. Case in point, the diecast. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to follow this figure and then be surprised (or "complain"), when it's only a calf and a bicep. How were they supposed to know? All they have is the information provided to them before they experience it for themselves. Maybe they'll be fine with all of it in the end, maybe they won't.

The condescending "OMG complainers, buy or GTFO" thing is as just as old as anything else in this hobby cycle. It's be boring if all we contributed was, "looks fine, buying!".

Here's the thing, how would this be a better 'value' to anyone if there were more diecast? The metal itself is the cheapest in all creation. It only adds heft and if used as well as with WM MK II, maybe better articulation. So why complain about it? What would having more of it do? It's just a non-sensical thing to whine about. Same goes for price. Price has been known for a long time now and the hobby's not getting any cheaper. So why not just accept it or decide the hobby's too rich and move on? That's what I'd do if I no longer felt I was getting value for money.

Generally I've got a high tolerance for the whining, but between this figure, T1 Terminator and the pre-order for Biker Scout and Speeder Bike, it's getting a bit tedious. Probably will take my own advice and just take a break from the forum until my 'complainer resistance' once again reaches full strength.

There's this little thing called revelation.

Things have changed between May 2013 and September 2014. Speculation occurs in that time, things change. This scenario with the diecast is, people expected there to be more of it, period. They're commenting on it. A few people, like myself, see the outcome of the diecast and wonder why they bothered implementing it at all. As for price, that question of value has been prominent since the price was revealed, not just on Robocop, but other releases.

Let's not make mountains out of mole hills here. The response in the past 24 hours for this figure as far as criticisms go have been tame at best. Hell, a lot of people that have voiced their critiques have clarified that they'll be buying it anyway and still have it in order. I'd say they're free to express any feelings that they want.

Yeah, possibly my levels are so dangerously low that I'm now misinterpreting 'critiques' for 'complaining'. Possibly.

Or your levels could be too high, don't pop a clot! Reading other people's comments ain't no thang.

These dolls ain't nuthin to whine about.
Enjoy them, don't enjoy them, enjoy whining about them based on one set of pics only to praise them based on another set of pics, but most importantly, just enjoy whatever you do.

Shake dat ass, Robo. SHAKE IT!

YmEg3Rw.jpg

With that proportion, sculpt, and likeness -- people would still have ordered this Robo even if there's no die-cast at all. If OMG's chart is accurate then HT's really got us by the cojones by forcing us to buy the die-cast gimmick using a beloved movie icon.

Wow so much soft plastic and so little diecast? Aside from questionable material choices he does look rather nice. I'm kind of sad the gun holster isn't spring loaded or more mechanical in its feature.

The holster mechanics is what irks me the most, more so than the dearth of diecast parts. It's inaccurate and the seam on the back of the thigh is bothersome.

RoboCop's one of my favorite movies and I'm still getting this figure, possibly switching over to the version with the chair, but it could have been so much more. Sigh.

OMG, thanks for the pics, 115 of them and I would've loved even more! If you happen to see this post, what color is the figure in natural light? Is the silver as bright as it appears in most photos?

The lack of metal part surprise me too, but I like detail and sharpness more than weight, actually robo itself is heavy, maybe they use metal join that I cant tell, they all cover buy rubber.

The bottom of the feet and chair have metal too, just didnt show :panic::panic::panic:

:lol at Sol.. chill buddy.

I really hope the new RoboMurphy is sans die-cast COMPLETELY, as well as no sound crap.

FFS - please. :pray:

Yeah, there's been little to complain about as they nailed 99% of the figure
Bring it on

Same goes for price. Price has been known for a long time now and the hobby's not getting any cheaper. So why not just accept it or decide the hobby's too rich and move on? That's what I'd do if I no longer felt I was getting value for money.

Damn right ! Finally someone said it ! HT figures are not for the poor. Deal with it.

Back