Official Sideshow 1/6 LOTR Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems to be one of the primary needs of this line; the other series get millions of pictures showing off the interaction between characters, the beauty of the figures, etc. The LOTR threads are kind of spread out at the moment, but we need to tighten things up as far as fan-effort goes. I'm gonna try and get my cousin to come and get some pictures with his fancy new canon rebel camera--the time has come for my Faramir to get the best pictures possible. As for everybody else, do all you can to fill this thread with as many quality images as you can possibly get--the more we energize these forums, the more we may see from Sideshow!

Too long have we hid in the shadows, afraid of who we are, of what we are - no more! This day we stand, Men of the West! :aragorn

Have I ever mentioned how much I love The Lord of the Rings?
:lol

:ring

this line has been very pleasing to me. ive loved every figure so far. only thing i didnt like was faramir's paint job but we can all agree on that i think. the problem will soon be solved and ill have a perfect LOTR collection. keep those pics coming and for those of you who dont have frodo and sam yet: "what's wrong with you?":huh

My twin brother collects the LOTR line and I got him Frodo & Samwise for his birthday.
We're going to NH & ME for vacation and we're going to pick up a Legolas figure there.
I might surprise him and order him the Gandalf:gandalf figure for Christmas.
:chew

I was about to 'retire' from collecting until I saw the Aragorn as Strider prod pics. I'd sold all my ToyBiz stuff, I didnt have the space to display it and probably never would. I was totally taken aback by the quality... outclassing the ToyBiz deluxe range and the figures DiD made.

I convinced myself that these SS figs would be great because then I could focus on key characters and because they look more like collectibles they would display better.

Fast forward 3 years or so - I now collect 1/6 SW & LotR but have also branched off into superhero Medicom and got a Tak Bats and just bought my first HT Predator... so much for retiring... and now have space and display issues again! :doh

Difference is with 1/6 its fairly easy to rotate my display... and my LotR figures have NEVER been put back in their boxes... except for Faramir who is pending a repaint.

Faramir1.jpg

Wub

i think some a lot of people don't think he was up to the standards of the rest of the line. paint wise that is. i think they did a great job on the sculpt and custom but the color of the hair and facial hair seems off to me plus it is a lot sloppier and doesn’t give the appearance of as much depth as the others in my opinion.

I really do like the figure but personally I’m not 100% satisfied with the paint job.

Why My Faramir Sucked

By Pixletwin​

The paint on his face was simplistic and badly painted (ie the eyebrows were hug, the eyes had no life in them, the mouth looked like it had lipstick, and there was no tone in the skin... just one flat color. The hair was also a gerbil poop brown. One solid sheet of gerbil poop brown with no gradation of color or anything). The paint also rubbed off when you touched it. I am talking you turn the head a little and paint came off on my finger tips.

Oh yeah, and he was really shiny... in a bad way....

The End

But now behold the glory that is my DA Painted Faramir...

Faramir.jpg

My second Faramir has been shipped to Les and I'm looking forward to comparing it to my production painted Faramir.

My second Faramir has been shipped to Les and I'm looking forward to comparing it to my production painted Faramir.
when your SS version sees the les repaint version, he will probably try to impale himself on his own sword. or at least try to cut his own face off for being so damn ugly.

Happy 5000th post to me.

Here are my meagre offerings (with a crappy camera and waiting on Frodo and Sam)...

Back