Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea about Yoda. So he's sort of flexible and soft?

Somewhat, but not to the point of being spongy; I prefer it the way that Sideshow made him, he certainly comes across as more realistic to the puppet - something that polystone wouldn't have reproduced.

I had no idea about Yoda. So he's sort of flexible and soft?

No, he's a polystone core with a foam latex exterior. His exposed arm is foam latex up to mid forearm, and his head and neck are foam latex that spreads onto the chest, the chest and bulk of the arms are polystone. That's why his eyes are a bit lackluster. The skin tones are mixed into the foam latex, but the eyes are almost like a sticker or something, looking closely you can see there's a print type pattern with all the little dots making up the look. They look fine in person, but it's why they're not as lifelike as the pure polystone prototype.

Interesting... By the way, I was browsing on Razorsedgecollectibles.com yesterday and found this Attakus statue of Salacious B. Crumb. It's only 5 inches tall, so it's not really comparable, but how crappy does that look compared to the Sideshow piece? And it's $130.

Attakus%20Salacious%20Crumb%20Statue.jpg

Sculpt-wise, the Attakus piece looks great, but paint wise, it's like something drained all his blood, VERY pale.

Sorry, there's no comparison. A 5" statue for $130 or a life size statue for $200 more.

According to SSC's website, Crumb is polystone and fiberglass.. it is my suspicion that the extremities, including tail, are made of fiberglass and most of the body polystone. Or maybe there's a fiberglass skeleton under polystone.. who knows. He's quite a robust piece. Sculpted by the original designer, you can't go wrong with this one!

I think it's cool that 2 of Sideshows best Star Wars pieces are from the same scene and both aided by the original designers, Jabba and Crumb 1:1, makes it special.

Interesting... By the way, I was browsing on Razorsedgecollectibles.com yesterday and found this Attakus statue of Salacious B. Crumb. It's only 5 inches tall, so it's not really comparable, but how crappy does that look compared to the Sideshow piece? And it's $130.

Attakus%20Salacious%20Crumb%20Statue.jpg

not really fair...the little statue compared to a full 1:1 scale item. but SS does blow it away in terms of realism. this is a piece that i think would compliment a theater room 100% just have him behind the couch or on a shelf so it looks like he's chilling out watching the screen with you.

The Attakus version would appear as if the head were squished. :confused:

Mine showed up today, and it looks brilliant. Eyes are fine (after reading this forum, you know that's be the first thing I'd check).

I watched the FedEx guy unload it off the truck through the window, and at one point his grip slipped and it fell about a foot. If it hadn't caught on the back bumper it would have fallen all the way to the asphalt. I nearly had a heart attack.

My little gripe I have is that the eye pupils aren't as solid as they should be like the puppet. If you look the eyes are painted with a soft feathering on the pupils. I think it should have been painted a more solid yellow with the black cornia in the center glossy as in the movie. Might be something I'll do to mine when I have the time.

LOVE this piece though. One of my absolute favs!

DisplayRoom862008042.jpg

DisplayRoom862008043.jpg

I love mine, and having the autograph behind it is just icing. :D

DisplayRoom862008042.jpg

DisplayRoom862008043.jpg

I love mine, and having the autograph behind it is just icing. :D

I am always amazed how some people display their items. I know space can be an issue but you have him and a helmet on the floor with a frame a couple of inches from the floor....nice pieces for sure but I hope that is a temporary display.

Back