Official RAMBO Thread - Spoilers as of 1/25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official John Rambo Movie Thread

A bit off topic, but I don't know where else to put it......I just watched Cobra, horrible film. Definitely the worst Stallone film I have seen. Excellent concept/character but terribly executed. Could've been a good movie.

But I would buy a Lt. Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti if hot toys made one :)

Well, funnily enough, you were the last one to post in it, there's an Official Stallone thread to talk about all things Stallone if you're looking to comment or read up on things about his films and all.

Well, funnily enough, you were the last one to post in it, there's an Official Stallone thread to talk about all things Stallone if you're looking to comment or read up on things about his films and all.

Damn man, there's so many rambo, stallone, rocky threads....I can't keep track of em....we need a Stallone forum :)

Damn man, there's so many rambo, stallone, rocky threads....I can't keep track of em....we need a Stallone forum :)

Well, I tried to consolidate by making the Stallone thread, but Stallone films and collectibles news is so spread out, the thread gets lost to like page 3 so when something new comes along, new threads get started, but I like it better when you can just go to a single place and find what you're looking for.

Hey guys. I just saw Stallone in a small feature on Entertainment Tonight. He was talking to Mark Steines about the genocide in Thailand where they filmed. He also talked about all of the threats they got while filming, and how they were told they'd be shot at if they didn't move the film crew. He said he stumbled and hit his head on a small tree stump that was hidden under some leaves on the ground. He said with a smile on his face..."don't volunteer for anything"! He showed ET a small dramatic clip from the movie, but you only see a few seconds of it. It looks great to me! :D

I didn't think Cobra was a "horrible movie" at all. I know when it came out Stallone had said in interviews that he was not totally happy with it. He mentioned some cut and deleted scenes. I'd love to see those in a Cobra "Director's Cut" or "Extended Edition" someday soon. In our days now of those better editions of DVDs it'd be nice to see one for Cobra. I just found out the other day at work at Best Buy we now have a "Director's Cut" for one of my favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, "Commando"! Sweet!

Last edited:

Hey guys. I just saw Stallone in a small feature on Entertainment Tonight. He was talking to Mark Steines about the genocide in Thailand where they filmed. He also talked about all of the threats they got while filming, and how they were told they'd be shot at if they didn't move the film crew. He said he stumbled and hit his head on a small tree stump that was hidden under some leaves on the ground. He said with a smile on his face..."don't volunteer for anything"! He showed ET a small dramatic clip from the movie, but you only see a few seconds of it. It looks great to me! :D

Awesome news! Man, Sly is an extremist, he really takes it to the max in his Rocky/Rambo flicks! I heard he was like near death filming Rocky IV and spoke about how dangerous First Blood was.

All were nothing compared to being in the middle of a freakin Genocide though, thats rough!

True Voorhees! I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a genocide myself either! I recall when Stallone was filming Rocky III they had to rush him to the hospital after he nearly drowned filming the swimming sequence where he was doing the "butterfly stroke". Oh yeah, ET also announced that "John Rambo" is coming out late January 2008. I think January 28, I'm not sure about the exact day though.

It is true that Stallone is a VERY determined and dedicated man! I love the fact that he didn't back down and stood up for himself to be the ONLY one to play Rocky Balboa, when he was shopping his script to the different movie studios! What a guy!

Last edited:

True Voorhees! I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a genocide myself either!

Yeah man, I bet it helped the Actors appear more tense and stressed out in scenes for the movie though. Which is probably good considering the movie seems to have that sort of drama.

True Voorhees! I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a genocide myself either! I recall when Stallone was filming Rocky III they had to rush him to the hospital after he nearly drowned filming the swimming sequence where he was doing the "butterfly stroke". Oh yeah, ET also announced that "John Rambo" is coming out late January 2008. I think January 28, I'm not sure about the exact day though.

It is true that Stallone is a VERY determined and dedicated man! I love the fact that he didn't back down and stood up for himself to be the ONLY one to play Rocky Balboa, when he was shopping his script to the different movie studios! What a guy!

I think it was Rocky IV where he had heart problems which delayed the filming for I believe a month or so. Also I believe Dolph Lundgren broke a few of his ribs trying to get a "Realistic" look for the movie.

Ya he was literally in very bad shape when filming part IV, he also tore a major muscle in this right pectorial area when bench pressing in Rocky II, look at his right breast when he flexes, it caves in alot. Especially the Rambo posters, take a look!

I don't know about Rocky III I never heard about any difficulties with that movie. Yeah he was determined to play the role of Balboa back in 1976 and I don't blame him, it won best picture and recieved numerous nominations too! Bruce Willis or Aunie can't say the same about their movies!

Nothing big as far as the film, but an interesting article I read this evening.

100107johnrambocrew.jpg

Sylvester Stallone says he and his ''Rambo'' sequel movie crew recently witnessed the human toll of unspeakable atrocities while filming along the Myanmar border.

''I witnessed the aftermath - survivors with legs cut off and all kinds of land-mine injuries, maggot-infested wounds and ears cut off,'' Stallone told The Associated Press in a phone interview Monday. ''We hear about Vietnam and Cambodia and this was more horrific.''

The 61-year-old actor-director returned to the U.S. eight days ago from shooting ''John Rambo,'' the fourth movie in the action series, on the Salween River separating Thailand and Myanmar, formerly known as Burma.

Stallone said he was in Thailand for six months, most of it along or on the river.

''This is a hellhole beyond your wildest dreams,'' Stallone said. ''All the trails are mined. The only way into Burma is up the river.''

This was before the crackdown last week against the largest pro-democracy protests in Myanmar in two decades. After the government increased fuel prices in August, public anger turned to mass protest against 45 years of military dictatorship. Last week, soldiers responded by opening fire with automatic weapons on unarmed demonstrators.

For decades, Myanmar's army has waged a brutal war against ethnic groups in which soldiers have razed villages, raped women and killed innocent civilians.

The ''Rambo'' script, written long before the present Myanmar uprising, features boatman John Rambo - the Vietnam War-era Green Beret who specializes in violent rescues and revenge - taking a group of mercenaries up the Salween River in search of missing Christian aid workers in Myanmar. The character ''realizes man is just a few paces away from savagery when pushed.''

''I called Soldier of Fortune magazine and they said Burma was the foremost area of human abuse on the planet,'' Stallone said.

Shots were fired over the film crew's head, he said. ''We were told we could get seriously hurt if we went on.''

''I was being accused, once again, of using the Third World as a 'Rambo' victim. The Burmese are beautiful people. It's the military I am portraying as cruel,'' he said.

Stallone is now editing ''John Rambo,'' which will be released in January. He wants the Motion Picture Association of America will give the film an ''r'' rating.

Awesome read, thanks Maulfan. I feel so bad for some areas of the world, we collect action figures and they bullets! I hate reading about such things but its just not right to turn the cheek and ignore it either.

God help them.

On another note I wonder what the picture board will give this movie in terms of ratings?

I figure from the Cannes trailer I've seen that Stallone put together that it will likely get an "R" rating. I honestly hope for that. I really don't want it to end up being savagely edited into something less like a PG-13. If anything maybe Stallone with make a "director's cut" or "unrated" version of the movie once it comes out on DVD. I see many movies where I work at Best Buy coming out now in both rated, and unrated versions on DVD.

Here's a picture of a Variety ad I am getting in from eBay. Pretty cool shot of Rambo holding his knife close to his face. It looks to be the same big knife he had in Rambo III to me. Check it out...

RamboIVakaJohnRambo2005Oscarad.jpg

:D

The "trailer" was just bits of raw footage thrown together. But I have no doubt it will be R.

Mike, it's a neat picture, but I don't think that's an official image. Rambo doesn't have his usual knife in this film. One of the clip videos that's come out shows him making himself a very sharp machette instead of his usual army knife. I almost want to say that image is a piece of fan art I'd seen posted somewhere online.

Here's a picture of a Variety ad I am getting in from eBay. Pretty cool shot of Rambo holding his knife close to his face. It looks to be the same big knife he had in Rambo III to me. Check it out...

RamboIVakaJohnRambo2005Oscarad.jpg

:D

Fanmade Picture been around years before `John Rambo` was thought of.!

Now that I look at it too, if it was an official image there wouldn't be Rambo IV as the title, it'd say John Rambo.

Well...official or not I still like it. Even if it is "fan art". I just like the image of him holding what is clearly his "Rambo III" knife close to his face like that. :D

Enjoy Mike, just didn't want you thinking you bought something from eBay that was official and not know it wasn't.

Wow, that's a wild image of Stallone/Rambo holding that pole with the head on the end of it! I wonder whose head that is? :confused:

Wow, that's a wild image of Stallone/Rambo holding that pole with the head on the end of it! I wonder whose head that is? :confused:

Hopefully, it's a Burma citizen that the army killed as example or something and not a kill of Rambo's, that's not his style and I'd hate to see them make him into a person like that.

Back