Official PREDATOR thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These things are like crack, I just can't have enough of them.
I just recently added another Predator to my collection, The Sideshow Exclusive Ancient Pred!
New Line up:
picture1041zj3.jpg

picture1048bl6.jpg

picture1051dx2.jpg

Back:
picture1064si6.jpg

With Helmet Off:
picture1066jf3.jpg

Wrong Galaxy and definitely wrong planet!:
picture1073aj4.jpg

Now all I need is Chopper to complete the AVP Preds. :D

You're absolutely right screamingmental! I'm waiting delivery of my Elder and I only need a Celtic to complete my Clan . Unfortunately , he'll have to wait as I'm also expecting the Alien Warrior and Endo any time now and the old Credit Card needs a couple of months R+R ! ( Plus The Wife has taken to giving me "The Look" again!):rolleyes:

You're absolutely right screamingmental! I'm waiting delivery of my Elder and I only need a Celtic to complete my Clan . Unfortunately , he'll have to wait as I'm also expecting the Alien Warrior and Endo any time now and the old Credit Card needs a couple of months R+R ! ( Plus The Wife has taken to giving me "The Look" again!):rolleyes:

Celtic is a good one, my absolute favorite.
It goes:
  1. Celtic
  2. Ancient Predator Special Version
  3. Scar
  4. Ancient Predator Asian Excl.
  5. Elder
Chopper will probably fall last on the list. If I had an Elder painted up like Les' Elder, he might top that list.

The curtain you have them before makes them look like they're on stage! Great pictures, Screamingmetal, and a great line up! Really good dread work, too.

I absolutely love my Preds. No other figures consistantly blow me away. It's been over a year of having my Celtic and while I contsantly rotate my collection, he's still my favorite. Just something about his mask design, even with his V1 body.

The curtain you have them before makes them look like they're on stage! Great pictures, Screamingmetal, and a great line up! Really good dread work, too.

I absolutely love my Preds. No other figures consistantly blow me away. It's been over a year of having my Celtic and while I contsantly rotate my collection, he's still my favorite. Just something about his mask design, even with his V1 body.

Thanks!
Yeah that's the best spot in my house to take pics, on a level table with a good lamp nearby and another level table to use as a tripod for the camera, otherwise the images would come out blurry most of the time.

I love these guys, but the stands irritate the hell out of me, the metal harp just isn't tall enough to clip centrally around their waist so that means clipping it around their thighs, but the base isn't large enough to take a wide stance and they have a tendency to fall over. Maybe I should look into making a better base for them or something.

I love these guys, but the stands irritate the hell out of me, the metal harp just isn't tall enough to clip centrally around their waist so that means clipping it around their thighs, but the base isn't large enough to take a wide stance and they have a tendency to fall over. Maybe I should look into making a better base for them or something.

I display many of my figures without the stands, including the Preds, and I really haven't had any problems with them falling over. Even a few earthquakes we've had didn't knock 'em over! They also look much better standing there on their own, imo. The Preds are actually pretty well balanced and heavy enough to stand under their own weight. If you have a place to display them where they won't be disturbed, then why not try going without the bases? A sheet of felt or other cloth will provide a good no-slip surface for them to stand on and give them something a little softer to land on if they ever do happen to fall over.

Damn guys! those collections look wicked!

chavez, your set looks super cool with that 501st Clone in there! Looks like a bad day for Aliens!
And, Screamin, your set looks UBERCOOL! Thanks for the comment about my Elder. Elders are tops in my list. ALways prefer the older more seasoned ones....

Great stuff! :rock

Damn guys! those collections look wicked!

chavez, your set looks super cool with that 501st Clone in there! Looks like a bad day for Aliens!
And, Screamin, your set looks UBERCOOL! Thanks for the comment about my Elder. Elders are tops in my list. ALways prefer the older more seasoned ones....

Great stuff! :rock

Thank's man,I should get my other alien by next week.It's going to be fun throwing him into the mix.:chew

HT comes through again! The final sculpt is an excellent portrait of Carl Weathers, just as we all hoped it would be.

Apollo Creed is an essential character (and I do want one of him for the Rocky collection) but the first Creed I get is definitely going to be Dillon. I've already started putting aside pieces of gear, weapons, and uniform parts for him. There's still a good chance HT could make a Dillon figure when they get the P1 license, but I don't plan to wait that long for mine! :monkey5

That one, kind of blued out shot, where the Elder is all greyed out, and slightly blurred, looks like a still from the movie. He looks terrific.
Really would if it was tinted orange like in the movie...

And yeah, he has the hair baubles and the flintlock....I am thinking he must have indeed run into a certain Pirate Captain....poor Jack...

I'm (almost) completely speechless... this is the freakin' Hog Face Elder from P2! I was really hoping they would make this big ugly mutha, the first ever Elder in the Pred series, and if this is for real then Hot Toys has just made my favorite figure of the entire year!!! Thanks for posting all these great pics, FACEBOX!
:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

Regarding the AvP Ancient Asian edition... that price is insane, but obviously someone was willing to pay it. (I snagged one about a week ago here in Japan that was actually marked down to just a little over $100 US!) Hard to imagine anyone paying over $200 for one, but I guess it all depends on demand and availability... and how deep one's pockets are! :monkey4

Last edited:
Back