Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i drilled a hole in the bottom of the head useing a screw gun, then took a knife and scraped the bottom out bit more. its not perfected yet, and the mcf head is just a wee bit smaller then the neca one, but this is what i got so far and im pretty happy with it so far. prolly gonna make the whole a bit deeper so it reaches the neckline proper.

So is the McF neck long enough? If you make it reach the normal neckline do you think it will look natural and not like his head is scrunched into his shoulders?

Re: NECA T-1000

IMG_1884.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks exactly like Robert Patrick in T2, spot on likeness.[/QUOTE]

I hope NECA made a 12" of this, but im sure they made :yess::yess::panic::panic:

Now we need only John Connor in 7" scale and Sarah Connor in 12"

Anyway 18" figures were much better, but i cant have everything i want. :monkey2

Last edited:
ok, so i actually attempted to take the mcfarlane donut head and try to make it combatible with the neca body. i didnt take the peg out and glue it on another body, thats too much work and too expensive. i decided to have it just be another variant head, i drilled a hole in the bottom of the head useing a screw gun, then took a knife and scraped the bottom out bit more. its not perfected yet, and the mcf head is just a wee bit smaller then the neca one, but this is what i got so far and im pretty happy with it so far. prolly gonna make the whole a bit deeper so it reaches the neckline proper.

ImageShack.us

Could you post a comparison pic of those two heads?

I went to FYE two days ago. They said somebody came in and bought all the T-1000's! I was royally PO'd. Then we walked across the hall to their sister store (don't remember the name honestly) and they had multiple arnolds too, and one battle damaged T-1000 (which I of course bought..). Gonna check more FYE's in my area for the galleria shootout version.

I can't believe they only put these one per shipping box ::)

Series600,

That's pretty damn impressive bro. Well done. Not to steal your ideas, only simply to borrow, I may do the same with mine once I get my NECA versions shipped in.

Since these Terminator figures have been released, and being the uber-fan that I am, I've bought these guys in doubles sometimes triples. One for display and one for pristine packaged condition. As I expect the value to rise over the years, I'd save another for a future ebay auction. Is that strange, or is it just the process of a die-hard Terminator/T2 collector?

I have about 6 of the Pescadero T-800 ( 1 loose, 5 MOC ) and the reason I purchased so many wasn't because of future resale opportunities. It was simply because I'm such a fan of the excellent sculpt.
Today I went to my local comic shop & picked up both versions of the T-1000. They are both on my desk as I type this post. The sculpt is amazing! The paint applications could be a bit better but they're fine overall. The T-1000 definitely deserves buying a few multiples of also.

I went to FYE two days ago. They said somebody came in and bought all the T-1000's! I was royally PO'd. Then we walked across the hall to their sister store (don't remember the name honestly) and they had multiple arnolds too, and one battle damaged T-1000 (which I of course bought..). Gonna check more FYE's in my area for the galleria shootout version.

I can't believe they only put these one per shipping box ::)

FYE, that's a great idea... I've got one nearby. Maybe when the new Preds come out, that'll be a good secondary place to get NECA stuff, the primary of course being my local TFAW.

I bought a regular T-1000 for $13 at Toys R Us today. The first one I went to was missing both T-1000 figures, but I lucked out the second time.

I bought a regular T-1000 for $13 at Toys R Us today. The first one I went to was missing both T-1000 figures, but I lucked out the second time.

You Yanks are so lucky ........... nothing but slim pickin and scalp shops here. All the TRU's here carry garbage .............. almost nothing NECA. I'll have at least 2-3 more weeks before my LCS gets these .......... and at almost double your price :(

You Yanks are so lucky ........... nothing but slim pickin and scalp shops here. All the TRU's here carry garbage .............. almost nothing NECA. I'll have at least 2-3 more weeks before my LCS gets these .......... and at almost double your price :(

Yeah, that is super frustrating.....why does this stuff have to hard to find overseas alll the time?

I guess it just depends on how/who is importing them. :dunno

What I've never understood why some people thing an 'imported' figure should cost more. All toys are made in China right? Aren't they all already imported figures? :lol

I do feel for you guys though. Distribution of stuff isn't always fair.

I feel your pain. I won't see those guys until August. I got my local comic shop guy to order me a case of those f__kers, because the last two series disappeared off the shelves. And like your TRU, ours doesn't carry anything worth buying, especially when it comes to NECA. A couple of stray Twilight figures, but that's about it.

I guess it just depends on how/who is importing them. :dunno

What I've never understood why some people thing an 'imported' figure should cost more. All toys are made in China right? Aren't they all already imported figures? :lol

I do feel for you guys though. Distribution of stuff isn't always fair.

The companies that have them made there are centralized in America, though. That's why things are so much easier to find here.

I saw the new wave at my local TRU tonight. I think the T-1000s are so hard to find because there's only one of each version in each case as opposed to 3-4 of the two T-800s. The Pescadero one looked great, but the paint apps on the Galleria version left a lot to be desired.

Well, I got mine today. I bought one of each figure. I would have picked up more T-1000s but my Toys R Us only had one of each.

Very impressed and disappointed at the same time. Everything was fine until I saved the best for last.

picture.php

The regular T-1000, my most anticipated figure was broken in the package. As soon as I took it out the arm popped out at the shoulder. I looked in side the joint and the pegs snapped I guess. I plan on getting more so for the time being I just put the regular hand and arms on the Pescadero body.

picture.php

I was kind of pissed but it's not like I can't get my money back. So other than that I'm impressed with these 4 figures. Here's how they add up.

Galleria T-1000

Easily the best figure of the wave. If the arm didn't break I would be showing much more enthusiasm here. The paint apps are great and the sculpt is fantastic. The figure represents the character perfectly. The parts swap out smoothly and like they're supposed to. It took me a few seconds to pop out the forearms and swap them.

I have some nitpicks though. The left hand that grips the pistol is COMPLETELY useless. I don't know if its because the ball joint is too small or what but it is really, really loose. It just wobbles there. None of the other hands do that from what I tried.

The holster for the gun also feels like its going to come off the belt at any second.

Pescadero T-1000

The headsculpts are great, the damage to the torso is fantastic and those hook arms are very nice. I love the look of it and I think the regular head on that body looks better than the regular version.

NECA completely botched the nice headsculpts though. The split head, something I was really anticipating does NOT fit on the ball joint properly. It just sits there and that gap is exposed. Kind of like the initial pics on ebay. You can't press it down all the way.

One small nitpick is the "healing" reforming split head. I love the paint applications (especially those eyes) and the sculpt but that seam is really distracting. You can tell they just glued two parts together and called it a head.

Steel Mill T-800

I was really surprised with this one. Surprised that I like it. The one I picked has the perfect paint. At first I thought I'd be bothered by the right arm not extending all the way up like the Mcfarlane figure but once you get the pistol and grenade launcher in his hands with his head turned it looks good.

Absolutely no complaints. They weathered the jacket and pants even more which is a nice touch.

Battle Across Time T-800

Meh. This one feels cheap, like its a Mattel figure or something. It's a neat idea and I like the fact that the T-800 finally got his "phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range" but it just feels cheap too me. The headsculpt is worse than the original Pescadero thanks to the crappy paint apps on the face and the joints just feel loose and rubbery.

Too many releases perhaps?

I don't know. It may seem like I don't like these but that's not the truth at all. The broken arm on the T-1000 was a bummer but other than that these are really good. I'm definitely going to go nuts on the T-1000 for all the different variations so the fun isn't over yet.

Great line. I think it will do well and if NECA continues I REALLY hope they make a Biker T-1000, a Steel Mill T-1000 (retooled from the Biker and Regular Galleria) and a frozen Biker T-1000 (also retooled).

Then Punk 1984 T-800 and Police Shoot Out T-800, then I'll be set. John Connor (kid and general), Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese would be nice additions.

Last edited:
Back