Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

Went out to FYE here in Gurnee. they had both 1000 and 800rds. They were nice but 16.99 i wait for the 12" ones.
What was with the 800 battle thou time is that just a repack type deal.

I doubt it'd be as easy as a straight swap but the neck lengths look compatible at least and the head sizes are probably close enough to each other.

Neca's T-1000 probably has a ball-joint inserted into its torso like the T-800. You'd either have to remove it and merely lay the McFarlane head on there (which could be impossible to do without destroying the figure...thereby rendering the whole operation pointless) or hollow out the McFarlane T-1000s neck to wrap around the neca balljoint.

I'm definitely looking into it when I get mine. I want a more accurate donut head with no torso battledamage and also the galleria T-1000 head on the McFarlane body would make for a good recreation of Sarah Connors last stand against the T-1000 in the steel mill, where she almost knocks him into the molten steel.

That is something I plan on trying. The way I see it, the only movie-accurate part of the McFarland's T-1000 is the pretzel body, therefore I won't mind it at all if my attempt at removing the head destroys the connection to the original torso of donut head as long as I can find some way to attach it to NECA's T-1000 torso. I didn't have trouble attaching NECA's extra T-800 partial battle damaged head from final battle to the McFarland's body. Otherwise, I say bring on the extra T-1000 heads.
Also, if there will not be a 4th T2 series with the figures I want, I plan on modifying an extra Galleria T-1000 into Split Body T-1000 from torturing Sarah in the steel mill

Picked up the T2 wave 3 version of Ahnuld: Battle across Time...while the plasma rifle accessory makes no sense, this figure seems to have a much nicer glasses sculpt in this scale...first version with glasses does not hold up...otherwise they look identical

Yeah, you'd also need to swap the biker boots on him, which wouldn't work with the NECA legs anyway.

That wouldn't bother me too much, if I was photographing the donut head onto Neca body custom I'd only capture it from torso up. The regular patrolman's trouser legs would be tolerable....the whole custom of course would be rendered pointless if NECA then made a steel mill T-1000 with a donut head.

That is something I plan on trying. The way I see it, the only movie-accurate part of the McFarland's T-1000 is the pretzel body, therefore I won't mind it at all if my attempt at removing the head destroys the connection to the original torso of donut head as long as I can find some way to attach it to NECA's T-1000 torso. I didn't have trouble attaching NECA's extra T-800 partial battle damaged head from final battle to the McFarland's body. Otherwise, I say bring on the extra T-1000 heads.
Also, if there will not be a 4th T2 series with the figures I want, I plan on modifying an extra Galleria T-1000 into Split Body T-1000 from torturing Sarah in the steel mill

Removing the donut head from the McFarlane won't be a problem, its just a boil&pop scenario. The connector is probably attached to the donut-heads neck which would leave an empty socket on the mcFarlane body. No destruction there at all. What I was referring to was the attempt at removing the ball connector from out of the NECA body. If the T-800 is anything to go by this will be impossible without literally carving up the figure to free it. I know this because I did it. When putting the Neca T-800 head on the McFarlane T-800 body I didn't want to simply sit the Neca head in place, I wanted to transfer the whole balljoint mechanism across so that it would stay in place and be articulated like the NECA figures. This worked but not without having destroyed beyond use the NECA torso. The same could be true of the T-1000. Putting the NECA head onto the McFarlane body would be easy but not the other way around.

How are the sunglasses nicer? I guess I haven't studied the pics of this figure but certainly on my few glances at it I didn't notice anything different.

Picked up the T2 wave 3 version of Ahnuld: Battle across Time...while the plasma rifle accessory makes no sense, this figure seems to have a much nicer glasses sculpt in this scale...first version with glasses does not hold up...otherwise they look identical

Pretty sure T-800 takes a plasma rifle from an Endo in T2:3D.

Pretty sure T-800 takes a plasma rifle from an Endo in T2:3D.

Ok, Duh on my part...was that the name of the Universal show: Battle Across Time - ? If so, My geek is not worthy.....seen it twice, but years ago...!

The glasses on the first Ahnuld figure just look really awkward - like they dont fit the face right and on mine, kinda had a weird bend to them - almost like goggles.....it seems improved this time - looks to fit the face better

well i got my 2 T-1000's today, they rock! i dare say, they seem even better then the arnolds, but not mky much. all of them are incredible, im just amazed at the detail. only gripe i have is the right hand gun holding hand is a little loose when its on but other then that, SO glad to finally have these!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gohastings.com has the NECA 12 inch versions of both T-800s on sale for $22.49 for any one that's interested. Also, if you use coupon code GOHAST20 that'll knock off an additional 20% taking the figures all the way down to $18.00. I just ordered 10 figures for a bunch of the guys I work with. lol
Enjoy!

Since we're seeing the T-1000 show up and getting a mix of photos of the T-1000 and T-800 figures, I've merged the T-1000 thread into the NECA T2 thread so that way there's no, which thread should I post in, anything to do with this line can just go here.

ok, so i actually attempted to take the mcfarlane donut head and try to make it combatible with the neca body. i didnt take the peg out and glue it on another body, thats too much work and too expensive. i decided to have it just be another variant head, i drilled a hole in the bottom of the head useing a screw gun, then took a knife and scraped the bottom out bit more. its not perfected yet, and the mcf head is just a wee bit smaller then the neca one, but this is what i got so far and im pretty happy with it so far. prolly gonna make the whole a bit deeper so it reaches the neckline proper.

Not bad. You'd need the motorcyle boots on him too though to make it film accurate. At least the Mcfarlane figure is perfect for the exploded torso look. :yess:

Hello guys! Sorry im new here and unfortunately I can't read everything in this topic.

I have one question. Does NECA is planning to make a T-1000 12"? Any official info or rumors?

It is 2 different markets though. The crowd that will buy the NECA T-1000 won't buy the Hot Toys' T-1000. Case in point, the half a dozen guys that work in my office all have some version of the NECA's T-800 figure but would never think of spending $150 for a Hot Toys figure. There is definitely a need & a market for a NECA 12 inch T-1000.

PharOOO,

Sure, that's it. But wait... If there's two different T-1000 I'll go with the best one anyway. I don't need spending some money for the NECA's T-1000 couse I can take better. It's only about me :) I was very interested in NECA's 12" T-1000 before but now HT shows us much better version of this character. I'm not a big fun of HT production but at this time they re looks so interesting.

Yeah on second thoughts I'd still take a NECA 12" to cover the Galleria look at 1/6th. Anything that can cut down otherwise massive expenditure on multiples of the HT figure to achieve different looks simulataneously. I mean as it is I'm allowing myself to contemplate 3 Hot Toys T-1000s...maybe even pushing to 4. Thats just ridiculous amounts of money though :gah:

Back