Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still cautiously optimistic about Dark Fate because of Miller and the cast, but the trailer didn't really give me what I was hoping for. I just want something that feels grim and gritty, this franchise has suffered trying to top T2's spectacle. So far this new film doesn't seem to have a lot of new ideas to offer but I'll accept it riffing on previous failed ideas (aged Arnold Terminator, human/robot hybrids) if it can do them better. It would be great to have another great Terminator film. If not, well it isn't going to hurt after so many misfires.

Mildly curious about the toys too I suppose. If the film is good, I'm down, partially because we're so starved by now. I want that John Connor, and I still want Neca to expand into the other films as they have with Alien and Predator. Even Salvation - as terrible as it is - had some cool Stan Winston robots.

Yeah he looks so cool in his yellow flannel shirt and khaki trousers... Worst dressed and least intimidating 'Terminator' ever! (Figure too!)

This comment made me realize: this Terminator's attire is incredibly similar to what Detective Harrigan (Predator 2) wears once he ditches the yellow shirt of the opening scene. If NECA were to make this new terminator (in human form, in this outfit), but never make Harrigan, I'd totally buy this 'worst dressed / least intimidating Terminator' for the sake of a Harrigan custom, regardless of how good or bad the movie ends up being.
So... at least the new flick... has that potentiality going for it?

Still cautiously optimistic about Dark Fate because of Miller and the cast, but the trailer didn't really give me what I was hoping for. I just want something that feels grim and gritty, this franchise has suffered trying to top T2's spectacle. So far this new film doesn't seem to have a lot of new ideas to offer but I'll accept it riffing on previous failed ideas (aged Arnold Terminator, human/robot hybrids) if it can do them better. It would be great to have another great Terminator film. If not, well it isn't going to hurt after so many misfires.

Mildly curious about the toys too I suppose. If the film is good, I'm down, partially because we're so starved by now. I want that John Connor, and I still want Neca to expand into the other films as they have with Alien and Predator. Even Salvation - as terrible as it is - had some cool Stan Winston robots.

I think the major mistake they keep making is not even that they're trying to top T2 - they're trying to top any actioner of the last 30 years so the end product ends up so far from the original 1984 film in tone, style and execution that it's beyond ridiculous. It's impossible to accept any of it as occurring in the same reality as T1 because it has become absurdly cartoon-like or video-gamey and lost all tension and suspense in the process.

T2 succeeds as a follow-up to T1 because it only went bigger by as much as the CGI of the time would allow. We weren't yet at the point where CGI was replacing real-life vehicle stuntwork so basically if something couldn't be done for real it wasn't done. When the T-800 needed to climb out of his moving truck and onto the T-1000's moving truck they did it in the only way that a human physically could do it - and that wasn't some silly acrobatic flip or a slow-mo jump through the air with the camera positioned to capture the look on his CGI face. Ugghh..:slap

Nowadays they can do anything and they just don't seem to have any sense of restraint.

Last edited:
I think the major mistake they keep making is not even that they're trying to top T2 - they're trying to top any actioner of the last 30 years so the end product ends up so far from the original 1984 film in tone, style and execution that it's beyond ridiculous. It's impossible to accept any of it as occurring in the same reality as T1 because it has become absurdly cartoon-like or video-gamey and lost all tension and suspense in the process.

T2 succeeds as a follow-up to T1 because it only went bigger by as much as the CGI of the time would allow. We weren't yet at the point where CGI was replacing real-life vehicle stuntwork so basically if something couldn't be done for real it wasn't done. When the T-800 needed to climb out of his moving truck and onto the T-1000's moving truck they did it in the only way that a human physically could do it - and that wasn't some silly acrobatic flip or a slow-mo jump through the air with the camera positioned to capture the look on his CGI face. Ugghh..:slap

Nowadays they can do anything and they just don't seem to have any sense of restraint.

Exactly. They can do anything with the cgi now. So due to lack of restraint, everything looks ridiculous. The action being realistic is what makes it exciting.

I feel so old. “Kids these days with their flashy computers and graphics. Back when I was younger, we didn’t have all that fancy stuff. We walked to and from school in 3ft of snow. Up hill both ways!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gynysys endoskeleton's "metal" parts bend and stretch in the movie hehehe.

That's exactly right! Totally agree!

In T2 they had a real helicopter fly under bridges and fly into the back of a van! Now days it would all be CGI just like you said. CGI is lazy and tacky , it should only be used when the real thing cannot physically be done.

This so much! You have conveyed exactly how I feel

Didn't seem like he was going to be an SDCC 2019 exclusive when he was shown at SDCC 18 :dunno Seems to me that must have been a decision they made afterward. *********.

And, although passable enough, it shouldn't just be a plain green shirt

terminator-2-linda-hamilton-edward-furlong.jpg

This is a wee bit disappointing NECA.

I hope he at least gets some sort of wide release later on like Newt did (albeit in a 2-pack)

Looks like the GnR bit on the bike has literally been scribbled out although I'm not fussed about that.

The figure is otherwise pretty cool, the Battle Across Time head is a nice addition we hadn't seen, articulation looks great, the backpack is removable thankfully - I was worried it wouldn't be from previous pics.

It will be mine one way or another.

Last edited:
I didn't think this would be a SDCC exclusive, they must of not had any faith that he would of have sold at retail.

I could see him being released again without the bike.

I love that they included the battle across time head as well. It sucks this is going to be a SDCC exclusive. Where's the best place to get those, eBay?

NECA does online orders for non-attendees, depending on how popular an item, it can be a nightmare, as 90s movie turtle fans about last year.

I can definitely see a T-800/John 2 pack not long down the road. This is probably the only way to get the bike and maybe even the extra head and endo-arm.

Back