Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks terrific. Nifty idea :clap Hmm, might have to get that Robocop figure now.

Sorry for late reply been busy past couple days. Cheers dude ,I need to get a better camera though as the one on my phone is crap. I've made a prototype small diorama of near the end of T2 when Arnie's T-800 switches to alternate power mode , pulls the metal spike out and grabs the grenade launcher. I bout a T-Genysis T1000 and used the metal spike thing that came with it, hopefully you can see it at the back right in this picture below.

t000.jpg

How easy was it to remove the flames from RoboCop?

Hey dude sorry for late reply been busy past few days. Yeah it was a bit of a b*stard, cutting and peeling carefully! The Robocop vs Terminator Rocket Launcher is the name of the figure. It is cheap to get over here new on ebay for £14.99 I have one used one i bought to get the flames off and one in its box still. I thought putting the flames on that tanker truck figure looks awesome, just need to put a bit of black smoke like burn effects on his face where the flame is.

Here is some photos of my Terminator 1 and 2 NECA collections. I also have an awesome NECA Aliens collection but not sure if I should post in here as not Terminator related.....

IMG_20190120_124226.jpg

IMG_20190512_224646.jpg

IMG_20190512_224659.jpg

IMG_20190512_224706.jpg

IMG_20190512_224833.jpg

My 2nd hand collection!
IMG_20190520_152746.jpg

IMG_20190512_225210.jpg

IMG_20190520_163834.jpg

IMG_20190520_163847.jpg

Oh and here is some alternate movie posters only A4 sized but framed :D

IMG_20190425_141757.jpg

I've made a prototype small diorama of near the end of T2 when Arnie's T-800 switches to alternate power mode , pulls the metal spike out and grabs the grenade launcher. I bout a T-Genysis T1000 and used the metal spike thing that came with it

You're a ****ing genius!

For 10 years I've been complaining that NECA never provided a steel pole with either the BD T-800 or the T-1000. Somehow it didn't occur to me that a pretty good substitute has existed for the past 4 years right under my nose :lol

Another awesome idea Tech-Com, thank you. Could do with a repaint maybe but it will serve the purpose.

You might be interested in some of these old kitbashes/mods I did. These aren't new pics, I found them in my photobucket archive.

Cyberdyne Sarah Connor - Kyle Reese jacket and arms - the arms are a tiny bit long compared to normal Sarah figure but not too noticeable
sEDJc68.jpg

McFarlane/NECA Pretzel Man T-1000 - the original McFarlane figure was OK but I wanted to be able to have a wider leg position like in the film, so the legs are NECA Ultimate Motorcycle Cop with possibly the shoes from Ultimate Galleria T-1000 mixed in (can't remember why I had to do that but I did so there must have been a reason - height maybe - the Ultimate T-1000s were a bit short)
csBtNEA.jpg

T-1000 after being shot up by Sarah Connor just prior to his ultimate demise - uses smaller bullet squibs from Hot Toys T-1000, torso drilled to accommodate them
bzeMwl5.jpg

fQHYDhZ.jpg

Haha yeah those Genysis figures are dirt cheap so 2 reasons why I bought the G-1000, one for the metal pole/spike and the other was to pop a spare T2-1000 body on it so I didn't have to buy another T2-1000 LOL!

In T2 as you'll remember Arnie hits the T-1000 vertically with the metal pole slicing him in half (kind of) So in the display cabinet I have Arnie Final Battle wielding it but once I've done the diorama for the impalement scene i'll either position a T1000 over Arnie holding the pole or holding the pole as it has already been driven through Arnie's T800's torso OR just drill a hole in the figure place the pole through him and the grated floor and have him powered down so he looks dead (Terminated lol)

Oh wow dude that is an awesome idea using the Kyle Reese coat for sarah for the Cyberdyne look! I love the axe wielding Arnie also! Great stuff!
I agree that T-1000 pretzel looks WAY better with those legs on it. Did you just basically break the figures in half then glued them together that way?
Those bullet squibs look amazing on the T1000, wish I could get hole of the Hot Toys figures but damn they are too damn expensive for me here in the UK! You won't get one over here less than £250-£350 , some are even more costly!!! I wish we could buy these types of accessories like the squibs, gun flashes , used bullet casings and shells etc. I have gun flashes I stuck onto some of my Aliens figures and they look awesome.

Here is some basic kit bashes I did swapping heads and guns etc just open them in a new tab and zoom in to check them out better. I need to buy another Detolf and do a Robocop vs Terminator scene.

Edit: A john Connor figure will look amazing with Cyberdyne sarah in kyles coat and Arnie's T800!

IMG_20190520_150714.jpg

I agree that T-1000 pretzel looks WAY better with those legs on it. Did you just basically break the figures in half then glued them together that way?

No breaking, but I did need to make the plug (from the NECA motorcycle cops pelvic portion) narrower to be able to fit into the McFarlane Pretzel Man torso. I can pop it on and off at will, although there's no need to, it will always be displayed like this. It went very well and it's very solid, stands on its own better than the stock McFarlane figure.

Those bullet squibs look amazing on the T1000, wish I could get hole of the Hot Toys figures but damn they are too damn expensive for me here in the UK! You won't get one over here less than £250-£350 , some are even more costly!!! I wish we could buy these types of accessories like the squibs, gun flashes , used bullet casings and shells etc. I have gun flashes I stuck onto some of my Aliens figures and they look awesome.

By all means pop on over to the Alien thread and post your stuff.

Here is some basic kit bashes I did swapping heads and guns etc just open them in a new tab and zoom in to check them out better. I need to buy another Detolf and do a Robocop vs Terminator scene.

Yep, you're as nuts as me. I stick to movie-based kitbashing only but quantity-wise I also play the 'more is more' game :lol

Edit: A john Connor figure will look amazing with Cyberdyne sarah in kyles coat and Arnie's T800!

He will indeed if NECA ever releases him

fpNJHCx.jpg

mMV7DYE.jpg

Haha love that little trolley thing! So many ideas for display purposes and diorama's. I just got a used Kyle Reese figure today, mint condition. I decided to take the jacket off and color it that dark purple kind of color it is in the post motel part of T1. I did the same to the arms, just need to do the blood effects on his head , maybe make a little pipe bomb accessory or get another metal pole/spike from when K.R goes melee style on the endo t800 lol. Really wish NECA did a T1 Sarah Connor and Pescadero one. Would defo complete the set!

Haha love that little trolley thing!

The T-800's shopping trolley.

So many ideas for display purposes and diorama's. I just got a used Kyle Reese figure today, mint condition. I decided to take the jacket off and color it that dark purple kind of color it is in the post motel part of T1. I did the same to the arms, just need to do the blood effects on his head , maybe make a little pipe bomb accessory or get another metal pole/spike from when K.R goes melee style on the endo t800 lol. Really wish NECA did a T1 Sarah Connor and Pescadero one. Would defo complete the set!

If the movie line continues in any capacity I don't think those are totally outside the realms of possibility but since we're still asking the following

Where iz John Connah? :gah:

I won't get my hopes up too much. Yes, where the **** is John Connor? NECA is pulling a Hot Toys here. ''Coming soon''...''stay tuned''..*crickets*

Randy noticed John Connor isn't in the new movie, so he's taken that as proof that no one is interested in, nor would they buy, a John Connor action figure and it has subsequently been cancelled. He said he may reconsider, but only if Terminator: Dark Fate performs well at the box office, and the figure line they have planned sells well. It will feature three figures. A newly sculpted Arnie T-800 [2 per case], Grace [4 per case] and ye olde Endeskeleton (Same sculpt, but in ALL NEW! Dark Fate packaging) [2 per case].

Randy noticed John Connor isn't in the new movie, so he's taken that as proof that no one is interested in, nor would they buy, a John Connor action figure and it has subsequently been cancelled. He said he may reconsider, but only if Terminator: Dark Fate performs well at the box office, and the figure line they have planned sells well. It will feature three figures. A newly sculpted Arnie T-800 [2 per case], Grace [4 per case] and ye olde Endeskeleton (Same sculpt, but in ALL NEW! Dark Fate packaging) [2 per case].
But this morning on twitter he hinted that John Connor is going up for pre order soon.

I believe Alice's post may be made up to screw with those waiting for John because of how lackluster the new movie looks and it would be salt in the wound to get figures from that film and never get young John.

Back