Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
wl6iDpj.png

Lmao. I just spilled cereal all over the place.

I generally WOULD have interest in Kenner Terminator figures, but this wave is so poorly done. No major updates to the endoskeleton(in which I've had two break in the past because of how fragile they are), the power-arm Arnold which looks like crap, and a T-1000 that I have no interest in.

With recent news today of McFarlane grabbing the DC Comics and Harry Potter licenses, maybe this will be the kick in the ass NECA needs to improve.

Or not.

The endo is overdue some kind of new treatment. They've been using that same body since the early 00s if I'm right, whenever Cult Classics series 3 came out. While the torso was more accurate than McFarlane I never really liked anything else about it.

The endo is overdue some kind of new treatment. They've been using that same body since the early 00s if I'm right, whenever Cult Classics series 3 came out. While the torso was more accurate than McFarlane I never really liked anything else about it.

Agreed

I could never get their endos to stand up. Even with those plastic stands they sell separately.

It's always been a flimsy kind of figure - the McFarlane was more stable provided the parts weren't warped. Although McFarlane gave him stupidly long feet to aid in this.

It's a difficult scale and price-point to make a good Endoskeleton really. It could be better, I just don't know by how much and maybe that's NECA's thinking on it. Maybe it wouldn't be enough of an improvement to be worth their time and money investment.

[emoji38]

I just find it so weird. To be among the niche group of people interested in collecting little poseable recreations of the human form....and apparently having so little awareness of that form. It seems antithetical to me.
This is an absolute pet peeve of mine. I know I shouldn't give a hoot about how other people enjoy their collections but seeing some of the "poses" (i.e. a bad approximation of the anatomical position with some accessories hooked on a non-holding hand) just drive me nuts. Somehow you have these instances of turning $300 photorealistic figures into something that looks like it's from Hasbro.

And then there's the "lol I suck a posing" comment with them. I couldn't guess that! Then practice! All it takes is a mirror and some study of the way a human moves. Or try to mimick a pose from a film.

Lmao. I just spilled cereal all over the place.

I generally WOULD have interest in Kenner Terminator figures, but this wave is so poorly done. No major updates to the endoskeleton(in which I've had two break in the past because of how fragile they are), the power-arm Arnold which looks like crap, and a T-1000 that I have no interest in.

With recent news today of McFarlane grabbing the DC Comics and Harry Potter licenses, maybe this will be the kick in the ass NECA needs to improve.

Or not.

Awww man, I love the new Kenner Power Arm Figure. Granted, I would have liked him to be a little more accurate to the Kenner figure, but I'm still really happy with how he came out. Don't care for the others though (and didn't care with the originals either when I was a kid).

4qojoBA.jpg

I agree with you on the Endo's though. I've tried to accept them a few times going back to Cult Classics, but always ended up selling or throwing them away. I hate to do it, but if the end product is good I guess I'll pony up for those new fancy versions.

This is an absolute pet peeve of mine. I know I shouldn't give a hoot about how other people enjoy their collections but seeing some of the "poses" (i.e. a bad approximation of the anatomical position with some accessories hooked on a non-holding hand) just drive me nuts. Somehow you have these instances of turning $300 photorealistic figures into something that looks like it's from Hasbro.

And then there's the "lol I suck a posing" comment with them. I couldn't guess that! Then practice! All it takes is a mirror and some study of the way a human moves. Or try to mimick a pose from a film.

Yeap, just so weird. I mean, sure -

Not all of us have great cameras
Not all of us know how to use cameras to greatest effect
Not all of us have the best resources and space to take the best pics
Not all of us know anything about photo-editing trickery
Not all of us have customizing and repainting know-how and skills

But come onnnnn

4f0e8379-neca-toys-terminator-2-kenner-tribute-figures-38.jpg

We all have human bodies. Posing should be as basic as it gets. Unless you have rickets your legs don't look like that. And even the way he has both the left arm and the left leg forward makes the figure look totally lopsided....although it's possible one of his legs is in fact longer than the other given that's been a recurring issue with NECA's figures since they started doing this kind of hip articulation.

Forget understanding how to pose the body, there's a seam down the size of the pants to the zipper that you just make line up.

Where's John? C'mon Neca, I had no expectation for new Terminator product but they managed to show less than that even.

Back