Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, actually I do have a few Newt's that I bought loose (originally from that 2pack) and they're all good enough, maybe only a slight drop-off in quality in the painting of the face than the SDCC release.

I would have liked it if they changed up the Sarah Connor release a bit to differentiate it from the original release.

In this case I would have made one head with the hat/no sunglasses and one head with no hat/sunglasses.

54CCFC1C-1EFE-4809-80AC-813EC1798202.jpeg
479F2B3B-0584-4A02-A134-630AE16807D8.jpeg
A0549795-3903-4459-BB57-FDE201A63694.jpeg

I dunno. Atleast then people that already have the original Ultimate (like me) could have something new and every possible variation of the character.

This is boring imo,

C6A71E4A-ED33-45D8-A80A-D4CEBB1DD197.jpeg

But maybe that’s just me. Really don’t need another Sarah Connor.

I use the McFarlane sunglasses for the first one and I customized the second one.

Literally sliced the hat off one spare headsculpt and sliced the top of the head off the no-sunglasses head and meshed them together. It worked :lol

The thought of a Sarah/John two-pack isn't as exciting as it should be considering both characters have been released individually. But if this eventually leads to any newly sculpted Terminator figures then I'll pick them up just to support the line. I wish they'd do a future war Reese and T1 Sarah.

I'm pretty much done with Neca stuff now, but I may fork out for the 2-pack if John looks good this time around. The extra Sarah could be useful for parts.

Never did get a Newt. I had just bought that Ripley, really didn't want to double dip, and after some time had past I couldn't see anything but bootlegs.

The thought of a Sarah/John two-pack isn't as exciting as it should be considering both characters have been released individually. But if this eventually leads to any newly sculpted Terminator figures then I'll pick them up just to support the line. I wish they'd do a future war Reese and T1 Sarah.

While it's unfortunately doubtful, there's a part of me that is genuinely surprised that they haven't, at a minimum, redone the full line with the translucent plastic for skin tones. We all would buy them again with that, even if we say we wouldn't.

I honestly don't know if I would re buy them just for the translucent plastic, that sounds exhausting. :lol

I mean sure, I don't disagree with you. But think about the quality of the paint apps that Blade Runner series 2 or the new Alien wave are hitting. That relies on the translucent plastic. At an essential minimum it'd be two T-800s, a T-1000, Sarah, and John.

In other words, easy money.

I would have been looking for that before all these other rereleases happened. Now that all the Ultimates are being recirculated as they were any further rereleases would really need brand new elements to them - new sculpts and/or new accessories.

Besides, the translucent plastic isn't a guarantee of great paint apps. The eyes and eyebrows were all over the place on the Dutch (Predator) reissues, likewise on the Hicks/Hudson Aliens 2 pack, not particularly great on Alien 3 Ripley and so on.

So... When's Mafex getting into this game? That's what I'm waiting on... :lol

Yeah, I mean we're gonna need 1/12 figures for that 1/12 Steel Mill diorama that BBTS have up for preorder and it seems like Great Twins aren't up to it.

Those great twins figure suck. The headsculpts are just copies of the old HT figures.

So is there a tutorial somewhere on how to fix the NECA 'leg length issue'? Or is there even a fix for the problem? :confused: I'm being tempted by the idea of re-releases... :lol

Wow, they can make a Richard Simmons figure but they can't give us a T1 Sarah or Tech Comm Reese figure.
196170bd-520f-4e02-9813-299741fb5efd.jpg

Yeah It was over for me when they made the Golden Girls. Those apparently sell better than Rocky 2, Rambo 3, Kyle Reese, or T1 Sarah.

Yeah, well we know that these figures are much cheaper to make, and... have you seen the amount of kitsch Americans collect? I can easily see this selling through at Target. :lol

You know. Just being objective. :wink1:

Wow, they can make a Richard Simmons figure but they can't give us a T1 Sarah or Tech Comm Reese figure.

I'm going to optimistically say that that doesn't have to be the takeaway from this. A figure getting made that was never requested could actually mean a good chance of figures that do get requested being made in the future. For one thing I think T1 Sarah is bound to happen at some point. Randy is a fan and he can't possibly look at the collection they've made (which thankfully includes T2 John at long last) and be content to leave out such an important character from the T1 line. She's just too noticeably absent. I can see her being a surprise SDCC exclusive one year.

Back