Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice 2 pack ideas indeed. There's ways to get me to buy stuff I essentially already have umpteen times over let alone brand new stuff they could make. And **** yes about the double jointed elbows and alternate hands. The mere ability to get movie poses we can't do right now and have relaxed or fist hands as opposed to awkward looking gun-grip hands if you don't want the figure holding anything is worth more figures all by itself.

I see all the upgrades you guys want and am now waffling whether or not to order the existing T2 Ultimate in stock at BBTS to go with this Sarah and John set. Maybe I'll just wait until SDCC time to see if they're planning anything good or just the continuing reissues.

Might aswell get it. I've actually got a few of those incoming so as to update some of my older figures with the leg articulation. At the very least supporting the reissues says there's still some kind of interest. The existing figures are good, I'm just ever-eager for new ones

-articulation improvements

-accessories not done before from the obvious teargas launcher and the steel pole used by T-1000 to impale T-800 to less obvious stuff like those yellow explosive barrels they used at Cyberdyne, the explosives themselves, the model of the CPU that Dyson smashes - various things

-new attempts at likenesses, perhaps scene specific Arnie expressions such as the minigun smirk

-new variants not done before like T1 eye surgery, Kyle Reese's last stand in the factory, Uncle Bob chip reset scene, Pescadero Sarah, Cleaved Man T-1000

-new characters not done before - T1 Sarah obviously...I'd even take Dyson

I see all the upgrades you guys want and am now waffling whether or not to order the existing T2 Ultimate in stock at BBTS to go with this Sarah and John set. Maybe I'll just wait until SDCC time to see if they're planning anything good or just the continuing reissues.

I would still get the T2 ultimate if you don’t have any of them. It’s a solid figure. Him and the Sarah/John two pack on a shelf would be great. It shouldn’t have taken this long to get that trio though, honestly.

Then when I see figures of randoms like April O’ Neil, Biff Tanen, Brett, Parker, Hawkins, etc. getting figures, I think, “well, why can’t we get an Ultimate Kyle Reese and 80s Sarah Connor”? You can definitely make Sarah toyetic enough and I can think of atleast 4 rehash variations of a Kyle Reese and Sarah mold to get their money’s worth.

I don’t know, I’m happy with what I have, but when I see those all new Genisys and Dark Fate Arnolds and Sarah Connor, I can’t help but think how awesome an all new T1 and T2 Arnold would be. I appreciate the new articulated legs, but they’re still sculpted in such a way that makes it almost impossible to get any poses from the movie other than 1 or 2 specific scenes. Like when the original T2 base Arnold was sculpted, they definitely had the Galleria hallway and Cyberdyne minigun scenes in mind where his back is sort of hunched, he’s turning to the left and he’s holding the shot gun/minigun with both hands. The sculpted folds in the clothing reflect that. Even with the articulation, it’s still statuesque.

I’d love an all new, neutrally sculpted T1 and T2 Arnold that could convincingly punch out windows or the T-1000 AND hold a shotgun over his shoulder without looking awkward.

I was re-appreciating the Dark Fate Sarah figure the other night. It's a damn good figure, particularly the sunglasses head. The sculpting detail and body proportions are fantastic. And the ball-joint head astounds me - normally I'm quite critical of this joint-type in action figures but NECA have a pretty good knack for doing them well - with the Dark Fate Sarah being maybe the best example I've ever seen. The neck posture and shape is very natural looking unlike the typical Hot Toys body, muscle sculpting is great - best of all you can barely see the gap between neck and head. And somehow you can still get a high degree of tilting movement out of it - all while remaining quite seamless - oftentimes with a Hot Toys figure if you tilt the head over in a way that a ball-joint is supposed to facilitate you open up these ugly ass gaps and I don't end up using the articulation because of that - rendering it entirely moot. But somehow NECA pulls it off time and again where Hot Toys, the high-end company priding itself on realism, consistently fails.

Last edited:
Randy confirmed the 2 pack version of John will have the camo on his jacket.

Just saw and replied to that - and also figured out why I wasn't getting notifications - I thought just following the page was enough, didn't realize you had specifically click a notifications icon aswell.

Anyway great about the camo on the shirt, but also :gah: I multi-bought the other one.

Randy confirmed the 2 pack version of John will have the camo on his jacket.

Why was it not camo the first time around?

Also, Randy just said it?s an easy custom to get the Public Enemy logo on the figure. Does someone sell a decal or a stencil for that??

Ask if you can send in the ones you have and have their boys paint the camo on the jackets and arms for you.

Ask if you can send in the ones you have and have their boys paint the camo on the jackets and arms for you.

Wonder if I could get them to paint the Public Enemy logo aswell - on the qt, very hush hush - while they were at it :lol

Looks like all the Ultimates pretty much are getting rereleased. The only one not announced yet is the Police Station Assault T-800. I'm sure I thought of a reason to get another motorcycle cop T-1000 or two.

Budget and/or time constraints I expect. I'd ask on twitter but ultimately what's the point, what's done is done.

I was thinking he last set may have been a Kenner tribute version as it came with the bike and the old Kenner figure had a plain green shirt. If that is true then the packaging should have been Kenner inspired too.

It certainly seemed that way. It was definitely meant to be an ultimate figure though, the lack of camo paint was just laziness on their part.

I was thinking he last set may have been a Kenner tribute version as it came with the bike and the old Kenner figure had a plain green shirt. If that is true then the packaging should have been Kenner inspired too.

Welcome aboard.

Yeah, you raise a good theory and an equally good refutation of that theory.

I am glad they're rectifying it now at least. I wondered if I'd be more pissed off about it than glad but no, I'm more glad. I'll at least have a sample or three of John with a camo shirt - assuming they do it correctly - and again, hoping the QC and overall paint apps don't take a hit as they can often do with rereleases and 2-packs.

Welcome aboard.

Yeah, you raise a good theory and an equally good refutation of that theory.

I am glad they're rectifying it now at least. I wondered if I'd be more pissed off about it than glad but no, I'm more glad. I'll at least have a sample or three of John with a camo shirt - assuming they do it correctly - and again, hoping the QC and overall paint apps don't take a hit as they can often do with rereleases and 2-packs.

I think the Sarah Connor will probably be slightly worse as its been 5 years since that one and they always seem to be worse the longer they leave it before going back to the molds. Plus that was a really well made figure apart from some of the long hair heads having slightly high hair. The John Connor is still pretty new and can only be better with the improved shirt. Was the Aliens Newt worse in the 2 pack than the SDCC version as i never had the original one?

Back