Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

Yes but at the photo ist looks different.

what about the gargle sunglasses, is it a separate piece glued on or will they have that flesh chunk on the sideburns like the pescado version?

Bought an Endo from the new series and although i think the figure overall is great it had factory error solder burn blob on the waist. Has anyone else had this problem i bought it onlne from Play.Com so cant be bothered to send back just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l95z55gFhOM"]Terminater 7'' endoskeleton review mcfarlan VS neca - YouTube[/ame]

Terminater 7'' endoskeleton review mcfarlan VS neca

i made a review, please watch.

On my Opinion the Legs and arms at the McFarlane looks acurater and more detailed.
The Headsculpt is very good on booth figure.
The McFarlane Heatsculpt ist not batter as the New Neca Sculpt, but the Skull ist too dark and dirty.

When I see the Pictures of the brilliant Enterbay T-800 and the nice Neca Prototyp Pictures, I am very angry that Neca make not a good painted and resculped 18" T-800.

Any word on the release date for Series 2 yet? Despite the sub-standard QC, I'm still looking forward to the next set.

On my Opinion the Legs and arms at the McFarlane looks acurater and more detailed.
The Headsculpt is very good on booth figure.
The McFarlane Heatsculpt ist not batter as the New Neca Sculpt, but the Skull ist too dark and dirty.

When I see the Pictures of the brilliant Enterbay T-800 and the nice Neca Prototyp Pictures, I am very angry that Neca make not a good painted and resculped 18" T-800.

yes my neca t1 has more black paint on the head then most:(

Cases of the next wave of these are available to preorder at BBTS

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC11712&mode=retail

Eventually got the first wave the other day. Not as badly painted as I feared, still not great but not an horrific mess either. For some reason the Tech Noir's eyes are barely there, very ghostly. And combined with the very stark eyebrows he loses his likeness a bit. Sculpt is top notch though.

The new endoskeleton is very nice but I already knew the headsculpt was ace. Decent paintjob on mine. Usual crappy, useless articulation on the NECA body though, I also prefer the McFarlane in that respect and obviously the detail of the seperated pistons on the forearms and calves and the cut-out sections in the thighs - areas where the McFarlane one was always better than each of the NECA iterations so no change there. NECA wins on accuracy (when does it not?) but theres still those elements of the McFarlane I prefer.

My Biker T-1000 has slight paint imperfections here and there but is otherwise good. Great likeness in that helmet.

Humans arent Necas stenght, but the police-shootout looks pretty good. He doesnt need a healthy skin color like Police shootout. I mean look how arnold looks in the movie after the eye surgery, pale and inhuman.The skin color varies in the movie very strong.
I think the figure has the potential to represent the movie or the scene great, tech noir in contrast almost not at all.
This is the difference

In 1/6 ? We have already two and they not even sold well.
Its time for at least one Arnold in 18" in my eyes.

Review 1 of the TECH-NOIR
NECA Terminator T800 Tech Noir Action Figure Review - YouTube

I wanted to pick these up but Im not digging the paint on the face at all. And did anyone see the paint on the longslide? That was probably worse. Im probably gonna pick up the police shoot out fig though, maybe an endo

I saw the Tech Noir in Toys R Us the other day and I don't think the paint job on the face is as bad as many are making it out to be.

Still, i'm gonna hold off and just grab the Police Shootout. Kinda low on money.

Series 2 out yet overseas? I would really like to see production pictures soon.

From NECA's website today:

"NECA’s mad as hell and we’re not going to take it anymore! Oh wait, no, we’re not mad at all. What we are is unbelievably excited to bring you our brand new Terminator Collection Series 2 7″ action figures! I get those two mixed up all the time.

For the ultimate Terminator connoisseur, Series 2 is some of our best Schwarzeneggering yet! We’ve got 2 (that’s TWO — as in, also the number of the series) T-800 action figures, including the first-ever figure based on the original 1984 Terminator film. Amazing how well the cyborgs age, isn’t it?

That’s the Battle Damaged Tech Noir T-800, and it comes with a rifle and an extra head, just in case one should happen to get blown off in a massive firefight. Both the Police Station Assault T-800 and the Steel Mill T-1000 also come with two heads and other movie-accurate accessories (read: “guns and Linda-Hamilton-shoulder-piercing knife fingers”). All three figures stand 7″ tall and come in clamshell packaging."

--------

Who the hell are they hiring for their marketing these days? Why would you say "TWO" and thereby imply the sequel and not the original from where the two referenced figures originated from? And what's with saying this is the first-ever figure based on the original film? Are they just forgetting about the Tech Noir figure now?

I'm very perplexed. Regardless, this doesn't impact my interest in the figures, I simply can't wait for them.

If they added "6 inch scale" to that statement, it would be true.

But I think they got the license before HT did. But they didn't produce anything for a while.

But I dont know for sure.

Yeah I think NECA announced they had the T1 license before HT but obviously HT got their figure out lightning fast. Who knows who actually had the license first. Either way the HT T-800 is what I consider the 'first ever' ''fully licensed'' figure based on The Terminator. NECAs is certainly the first ever small scale figure based on it.

Funny they mention the T-1000s 'Linda hamilton shoulder-piercing' finger hand despite the fact they aren't making a Sarah Connor to go with it. Perhaps they have McFarlanes old figure in mind.

I hope vthe Quality and Paintjob it better than the Series 1 Figures.

What is with the second non battle Damaged Arm ?
On the Toy Fair Picrures we seen a Arm with Rifle on the Tech Noir Battle Dameged.

I think it comes with the shotgun from the car chase, the extra head with the singed eyebrows (but both eyes intact) and an alternate sleeve-down right forearm, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Back