OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

Got to make a...

MGS 2 Snake
MGS 3 Big Boss
MGS 4 Raiden
MGS 1 Grey Fox
MGS 2 Ninja
MGS 4 Meryl
MGS 3 Boss
MGS 2 Ocelot
MGS 2/4 Vamp
MGS 4 Battle-Dammaged Old Snake (ending fight)
MGS 4 Old Snake in militia cloak from opening act (with Mark 2)
MGS 3 Volgin
MGS 4 Laughing Octopus
MGS 1 Vulcan Raven
MGS 4 Raging Raven (collectible set)

For starters at least

Last edited:

This line is going to make my amex cry.

Tears of joy of course!

Yeah Olga is a good one. but only if i get both versions in one (plant and tanker ver)

I didn't like the in-game model of fortune, i prefer the art work version that looked like noemie lenoir.
Mgs2_fortune.gif

NoemieLenoir.jpeg

:google

:goodpost:

:thud:

Just curious,i know it never will happen but would anyone buy a MGS4 Big Boss?I for sure would...I remember right after i finished MGS4 i asked someone if they could sculpt and paint a MGS4 Big Boss for me.

Just curious,i know it never will happen but would anyone buy a MGS4 Big Boss?I for sure would...I remember right after i finished MGS4 i asked someone if they could sculpt and paint a MGS4 Big Boss for me.

I would. I would really like some sort of old Big Boss with grey hair and eye patch in trench coat or something. Even if the headsculpt was just included with some other figure and then had to bash the rest.

i'll buy this version of big boss for sure

Not me. If you figure these things are gonna cost somewhere between $160 and $200 a piece, I'm not gonna put up that kind of money to buy just any random variant they throw out. That's why I wouldn't be up for Plisskin, either, unless it was a "2-in-1" type deal.

The ending in MGS4 with Solid and Big Boss was beautiful,yes i actually cried over a video game ending :lol

An old Big Boss could be cool. I'd like to have a figure of Big Boss during his "trouble making" phase of life.

Speaking of old guys, I think MGS4 Act 3 Old Snake would make a really cool figure.

Trench coat with different head sculpts: young Snake camo, and maybe pushing it, Laughing Octopus's Octo camo mask, and Old Snake face too. HT ever done three head sculpts for one figure?

Not me. If you figure these things are gonna cost somewhere between $160 and $200 a piece, I'm not gonna put up that kind of money to buy just any random variant they throw out. That's why I wouldn't be up for Plisskin, either, unless it was a "2-in-1" type deal.

I feel the same way. Too much money to plop down for each figure if it is just "this version" or "that version". It would have to be a major alteration. Like MGS2 Raiden and MGS4 Raiden. Costume changes are just too expensive to get every version of.

Hot Toys ought to do the definitive Snake in one shot with different outfit options, swappable eye patch head for MGS3 Snake and Plisskin outfit. Or at least sell outfit sets separately or something. Not a new figure for each outfit.

I feel the same way. Too much money to plop down for each figure if it is just "this version" or "that version". It would have to be a major alteration. Like MGS2 Raiden and MGS4 Raiden. Costume changes are just too expensive to get every version of.

Hot Toys ought to do the definitive Snake in one shot with different outfit options, swappable eye patch head for MGS3 Snake and Plisskin outfit. Or at least sell outfit sets separately or something. Not a new figure for each outfit.

They will do what every company does to milk licenses and make money off us. Same figures and sculpts but new variants of clothing and what not.

It's dumb but this is a business above all things.

I don't know if I would go that far. At least one Snake per major game (1-4) would seem reasonable, and possibly a couple of con. variants for MGS 3 Big Boss Snake. But getting into old Big Boss from cut-scenes, and Snake in a disguise from cut-scenes, etc. seems to go a bit further than I'm personally willing to go. But maybe there is a big enough market that Hot Toys can do several lesser outfits and characters. The more the merrier, I say, though I certainly won't be buying every minor variation.

By the way, are you the Angry Videogame Nerd? I used to watch those on Youtube and they cracked me up.

Would buy it without even having to see it.

Knowing HT, they will probably perfect working Octocamo. :lol

The ending in MGS4 with Solid and Big Boss was beautiful,yes i actually cried over a video game ending :lol

Don't worry, I did too. :)

I want evryone.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MrTsuvykUZk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MrTsuvykUZk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back