Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I'm saying is that Star Ace is the only company making Harry Potter figures in 1/6 scale so people will settle for whatever crap they pump out. L. Malfoy is no where near the quality I expect for a $200+ figure. The likeness isn't there, the head is oversized, and the paint appears to be nonexistant. Star Ace just doesn't care about even pretending like they care about this line beyond what profit it can gouge from people's bank accounts. It's why they're pumping out Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasely from Sorcerer's Stone. They must've found some deleted scenes where they were fighting Umbridge in the Shrieking Shack that Chris Columbus
cut out for some odd reason.

I believe the Sorcerers stone thing was just a typo... but you never know. These figures are certainly ones to wait for final production to make the call on.

Lucius looks great with the mask on...but I can’t be sold on that head sculpt. Compared to the dumbledores, madeye, etc this looks horrid. Star ace was on a good path in the beginning but things declined instead of progressed. The original sorcerers stone figures still look amazing.

Last edited:
I'm sure the Sorcerer's Stone was 100% intentional on their part. They've listed figures from the wrong movie before. Lucius Malfoy is sold as being from Chamber of Secrets, yet he's in his OoTP costume. Star Ace just doesn't care to get things right.

And just think, when Moody came out, the consensus was that it was a miss. It even sold for less than $100 on Amazon. Now we hold that figure in high regard.

I'm waiting on a better Harry Potter version. Both Dumbledore's are fantastic. The Bellatrix looks good. Almost all the others are meh.

I'm waiting on a better Harry Potter version. Both Dumbledore's are fantastic. The Bellatrix looks good. Almost all the others are meh.

Agreed. I'm not sure how long it'll be but I'm convinced if Hot Toys is doing Fantastic Beats then one day they'll do Harry Potter. It may be a decade but I think I'll be happy I waited.

The problem with Hot Toys is the fear of them not making a good amount of characters - in Harry Potter, a lot of the supporting characters help make the story in big ways.

It really bothers me how Star Ace has dropped the ball in quality and consistency, and even in continuity. While they've made many characters, they have just a few awesome pieces, and then have some that are terribly disappointing and really designed in a way that makes no sense.

Having said the above about HT, though, there's still no way I would pass up a HT Snape. No way. I'd take that right now. :lol And I'd probably buy most of what they made.

I have these pre-ordered and was excited, until I saw the issue of height raised.

Sure enough, Luna Lovegood is listed at 26cm, just like first-year Hermione.

Putting Luna and Ginny on the first-year bodies is disrespectful to the source material and ruins them as companion pieces to teenage Hermione (with her third party replacement head). Cancellation imminent.

bc7114c1a45af0ae71e91a7ecaeeb4b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :exactly: Don't know what's gone wrong at Star Ace, some of their early figures were fantastic.

Agreed! A lot of them have been great but I havent bought a figure from them since that mess of a dementor & the 'year three' Hermione was revealed. I've been on the fence about Lucius, maybe if I find a decent price on one.

Lucius definitely needs the mask, figure looks good with it
For sure.
Great display kltrooper :clap I really do like seeing character themed displays :)
Thank you! Unfortunately I'm not able to always do 1 figure per shelf due to space restraints. But i do like to try and have some reasoning behind where they go. That shelf will eventually be Lucius and Bellatrix.

Back