Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping they do at least most of the main cast from the first movie, or at least those who had speaking parts. In that case I hope we get personally -

1. All the Weasley family, including Arthur and Molly and all the kids with their respective pets.

2. An Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint two pack in their Quidditch uniforms with the flight stands that are coming with the Harry and Draco set.

3. Cedric Diggory.

4. Cho Chang.

5. A reissue of Ron Weasley in Hogwarts uniform. That figure is going for crazy money already and seems to be the only one so far.

You didn't get Ron Weasley. But you hope for all the figures from the first movie? Is it just so you can see if they do them?

I am hoping they do at least most of the main cast from the first movie, or at least those who had speaking parts. In that case I hope we get personally -

1. All the Weasley family, including Arthur and Molly and all the kids with their respective pets.

2. An Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint two pack in their Quidditch uniforms with the flight stands that are coming with the Harry and Draco set.

3. Cedric Diggory.

4. Cho Chang.

5. A reissue of Ron Weasley in Hogwarts uniform. That figure is going for crazy money already and seems to be the only one so far.

Added Hagrid to the checklist.

Was Star Ace at SDCC last year? Just wondering when will be the next time we get to see some new figures.

How do they make those wonderful toys? Well you can find out now on the new episode of The Hottoycast with our great interview with StarAce Toys Ltd. Check your iTunes, Stitcher and the usual outlets.

View attachment 251341

Cool.

Glad to hear the demand for Bellatrix is being heard and that shes in development! though its a shame we won't see her this year, still, i can;t wait to get her.

The answers in that HotToyCast are extremely disappointing. If Star Ace considers Ron Weasely to be an unmarketable slow seller (which is odd, since his School Robes figure seems to be the best-selling, hardest to find figure in the line), I think we can just about forget about getting any of the other major kids. And if we're not getting a Year 4 Ron, then they can forget getting my money for a year 4 Hermione or Harry.

I just don't understand how they can insist characters with about 20 pages worth of page-time and only a few minutes of screen-time like Bellatrix are worthy of being in development, while beloved major supporting characters with far more screen/page-time like Neville and Luna "aren't main characters" or in the works at all.

And if the other major kids and supporting characters and things like a generic Death Eater AREN'T on Star Ace's radar, what is there really left to look forward to in this line that we haven't seen prototypes for yet? Bellatrix, Dobby, variants of Harry and Hermione and occasionally Ron, and that's it? Maybe a McGonagall if we're lucky? The answers we got in that podcast sounded pretty depressing, honestly.

Last edited:
The answers in that HotToyCast are extremely disappointing. If Star Ace considers Ron Weasely to be an unmarketable slow seller (which is odd, since his School Robes figure seems to be the best-selling, hardest to find figure in the line), I think we can just about forget about getting any of the other major kids. And if we're not getting a Year 4 Ron, then they can forget getting my money for a year 4 Hermione or Harry.

I just don't understand how they can insist characters with about 20 pages worth of page-time and only a few minutes of screen-time like Bellatrix are worthy of being in development, while beloved major supporting characters with far more screen/page-time like Neville and Luna "aren't main characters" or in the works at all.

And if the other major kids and supporting characters and things like a generic Death Eater AREN'T on Star Ace's radar, what is there really left to look forward to in this line that we haven't seen prototypes for yet? Bellatrix, Dobby, variants of Harry and Hermione and occasionally Ron, and that's it? Maybe a McGonagall if we're lucky? The answers we got in that podcast sounded pretty depressing, honestly.

Ron is a popular character, and a year 4 Ron or a Deathly Hallows Ron are possible - but not on the plan right now. Child Ron has sold much worse than Harry or Hermione.

Bellatrix was the 2nd most requested character after Snape on the recent Facebook poll.

Ron is a popular character, and a year 4 Ron or a Deathly Hallows Ron are possible - but not on the plan right now. Child Ron has sold much worse than Harry or Hermione.

Bellatrix was the 2nd most requested character after Snape on the recent Facebook poll.

I'm surprised. Ron is my favorite.

Collectors are always gonna want some of the baddies. Villians aren't produced nearly as much as the heroes when it comes to 1/6 figures. It's no surprise that Bellatrix is up there as a popular want.

I hope there will be a Neville at some point. Maybe a bloodied, beat up DH Neville would be more appealing to collectors than another reused uniformed figure?

I hope there will be a Neville at some point. Maybe a bloodied, beat up DH Neville would be more appealing to collectors than another reused uniformed figure?

Yeah, without doubt a bloodied Neville with the sword would be more appealing to most, and it's the best moment for him as a character.

How can child Ron have sold "much worse" than Harry or Hermione? Ron in his dress robes was the first figure to sell out at almost every online retailer many months ago, and is still the only Star Ace Harry Potter figure sold out at Big Bad Toy Store and several other stores. I don't see how the only character to sell out at most places can be considered a poor seller.

I just don't understand how they can insist characters with about 20 pages worth of page-time and only a few minutes of screen-time like Bellatrix are worthy of being in development

She may not be a major character, but few minutes of screen time?....erm no, she's got a good amount of appearances and is the main female antagonist in the whole franchise.

How can child Ron have sold "much worse" than Harry or Hermione? Ron in his dress robes was the first figure to sell out at almost every online retailer many months ago, and is still the only Star Ace Harry Potter figure sold out at Big Bad Toy Store and several other stores. I don't see how the only character to sell out at most places can be considered a poor seller.

I don't know how Star Ace works, but it all depends on the size of the production number and possible reissues. That's the fault in your logic.

If all figures have the same number of units, then your logic is sound. But it not, that might even be the exact reason why he sold out first. Not enough demand to make more figures, while the others were restocked.

Again, I'm not saying that this is the answer. Just pointing options.

You might be right.

Back